Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
24th Exploit: No Worries

24th Exploit: No Worries

A Chapter by Jeffrey J Dotson
"

After news of Sarahs fall reaches our protagonist, Antonio is set on storming through the TC Tower to get to Clark, elsewhere Paul laughs about the news and is greeted by an unlikely individual...

"
24th Exploit: No Worries

Max leans forward and sneers down at Paul. Paul looks up at him ready for a fight. The bartender looks at the two nervously. Paul stands, towering over Max, who doesn't budge an inch.

"Yeah, I saw him." Paul speaks loudly. "He would have been not so 'not-so-dead' if we didn't have a bunch of little bugs flying around to ruin the mood." Paul huffs. "And now here you are to ruin my mood again, why aren't you bugging your dead man brother?" Max smirks.

"Oh sure, that's a swell thought. I'm sure you know by now I'm a wanted felon. If I straight away just went to speak with him he might become guilty by association. I'll see him soon, but incognito." Paul looks at Max confused.

"What's it to you if he becomes a suspect or some s**t? Don't you despise him too?" Maxine's eye twitches.

"Don't get it backward bricks for brains." A fog of fighting spirit escapes Paul's mouth as he tenses up. "Ive got some unsolved issues with baby Tony, but he's still blood." Max lowers his shades and shoots a glare at Paul. "And if he were to die at the hands of such a useless bag of trash I would have to toss that trash in the compactor, personally." Paul grins psychotically as his eyes grow deranged.

"Heehee, what a weak threat! I'll take his head and squash it right in front of you!" Paul steps forward and finally lets his fighting spirit surround the bar. Max immediately brings his up and holds his ground. "DO YOU MEAN TO STOP ME NOW?! GO AHEAD LITTLE MAN! TRY IT!!!" Max holds up his index finger and smirks.

"Wait wait, I never said I'd stop you block head." Paul looks at Max bewildered. "All's I'm saying is every action has a reaction. Whatever happens between you is between you, but if he dies as an outcome don't be surprised if you see me comin' for your big dumb a*s. I'm not the kids babysitter or angel, I just need to speak to him and I'd prefer not to speak to a corpse." Max raises his shade's back up with his middle finger and smiles. "So, since you did see him how much did he grow in the last three years."

"He's still being a b***h! Won't even look at me!" Paul grins. "So I have no clue how his fighting spirit is, but I'd bet my mothers soul he hasn't even branched yet! Actually-" Paul's ki subsides, as does Maxine's. "-there was this girl with a sword that had a really nice strong spirit, I could tell she was branched. Don't think she'd stand much of a chance if we actually fought but she's definitely a  scrapper. Much more competent then that try-hard Sarah." Paul smirks. "The thunder roach was impressive too, but doubt he's branched out. He'd be mincemeat."

"Thunder wha?" max shakes his head and shrugs. "Whatever. I don't give a damn about Tony's friends or whoever, just as long as he's still alive when I meet him. You go ahead and do what you want, but remember, every action has a reaction." 

Max flashes a smirk and steps back lightly before turning and making himself scarce. Paul glares once more toward him before sitting back down. He reaches for the fresh new mug of booze that the bartender sat down while he was talking with Max and gets ready to drink when he hears sirens outside the building. Paul reasons for a second that its most likely Maxine who brought them here, perhaps being sighted entering the bar, but he also recollects when he killed the thug earlier in cold blood. Paul slowly stands and looks at the bartender.

"Ain't worth the trouble. Where's your back exit?"

---

Clark wipes the sweat off of his forehead as he stands defenseless and by himself in the corridor of the first floor of the Tai Tower. He looks as though he's holding back a panic attack. His fingers fiddle aimlessly by his sides as he waits for the elevator. He absolutely was not in any mood to be interviewed, but figured it would take the heat off of him if he showed up directly to meet the media. Of course he knows Antonio Dragone is just going to grow heated with the news accompanied by his image, but he'll be safe as long as he's inside of TC Headquarters.

"No worries... No worries..."

Clark speaks to himself. He's less worried about Dragone and more worried about the exposed paper work sitting on his desk. If someone should walk in there would only be Zorn to greet them, and as reliable as Zorn is he isn't going to lay hands on a superior. Clark thinks to himself 'no worries' as his foot begins to tap uncontrollably. He grows impatient waiting for the elevator door to open. His phone suddenly rings and he practically jumps out of his skin. Clark answers it quickly and gives a sharp response.

"WHAT!?!" The voice of the TC associate answers Clark's panicked bark with nervousness.

"U-uhh... That Onex fellow you were wanting to speak to the other day is finally awake."

"Who?!" Clark had completely forgotten about Onex during his attempts to get back at Antonio.

"The guy who was in the footage with the weirdo with bandages on his head. You know, the guy who had the top of his head lopped off by that girl?" Clark remembers after the associates explanation. The elevator door opens and Clark is quick to enter. He hammers on the 142 button and sighs when the doors finally close. "Seems he has no clue his boss is dead yet."

"You listen! Make damn sure that prick doesn't leave that hospital before I get there, got it?! I'll be damned and cursed if someone doesn't pay for my goddamn product damage!"

"Ok but he's wanting to leave now-"

"CUFF AND SEDATE THE F**K!!!" Clark barks viciously at his phone. He looks up at the hidden camera in the elevator and gulps. 'No Worries' crosses his mind once again. It doesn't pick up sound. "Just... Just make sure he doesn't leave." 

The elevator dings and the door opens. Clark exits and stands on the one hundred and forty second floor of the tower, where his office is. The carpets lining the corridor are dark red and well cleaned. There are no walls leading over the interior elevator side of the the tower, just golden guard rails. The fall here would certainly be horrible. One can look up from here and see the roof just several feet higher, including the floor where the President of Tai Corp resides. Along the floor Clarks on are his personal mechanical creations, bot-maintenance that fill out the role of any human. One cleans past Clark and utters a 'good afternoon sir'. Clark 'tsks' before speaking on the phone again.

"Now, until  I call YOU please don't bother me again!"

"Yes sir." Clark disconnects his phone and pockets it before he makes himself scarce, heading directly toward his office. He opens his door while thinking 'No Worries' once again to himself. He steps in and stops with a shiver, looking slightly up. 'No Worries...'

---

Jason lightly nods his head and Antonio listens surprisingly intently as Clarice finishes speaking of her initial plan.

"...It was intended to be a five man operation, we've been planning on it for several months now." Clarice looks over at Antonio. "That's why I was returning from Ferland when we first met, to get ready for this. I think we can make it work with three people but you'll each have multiple goals, and even though you're specifically distraction one AND two you cannot be reckless." Antonio raises a brow. "You're more level headed then the initial distraction one but you've done some crazy things, and I would like to know that you can keep a cool head under the worst scenario."

"Sure, as long as I don't see mr. debt collector I'll be fine."

"Even then keep in mind we aren't breaking into some small time bandit hideout in the middle of nowhere. This is practically a den of monsters, and that's only including the people there. I can't read machinery so we have to assume when Jason does his first role it'll shut off their self defense systems. As for our human opposition there are, as Ive said before, no fewer then twelve people who's fighting spirits surpass mine in that tower, and I'm sure not all of their key members were there. A good chunk of the most talented members will certainly be travelling with Tai to Kurishia to protect him, but there will be one man staying behind. The 'guardian spear of Tai Corporation." Jason strokes his chin curiously.

"Hmm, never heard of that. I know a bit about Tai Corp from the news and such but not something like that."

"Its a legend known well among the underworld and the political world. The guardian spear has kept out many would be intruders, both stealth and deliberate assaults, with little issue. When I had my first interview a month ago I thought lightly of the legend, but rest assured it is very real."

"Yeah? Well, what is this 'spear', one of his dumb-a*s robots?"

"Hardly." Clarice walks over to the wall just beside her couch and leans on it. "The spear is none other then the Vice President of the Tai Corporation; Grendel Russ." Antonio looks surprised and Jason looks at Clarice confused.

"Vice President?" Jason speaks. "That's one of the big wigs. Aren't they usually getting fat behind a desk doing paper work?"

"Most of them are sure. The actual physical threat of people like Clark, Ole, or even Tai himself is minimum at best, but Grendel is absolutely a different story, to such an extent he vastly outclasses anyone Ive ever met. Even my personal superior is nothing compared to him."

"I smell bullshit." Antonio scoffs and crosses his arms. "You mean to tell me you walked into this place, took one look at this jackass and thought 'yup! hes a force to be reckoned with'? Come one Clare, I didn't think you were the type to buy into obvious nonsense." Clarice turns her head to Tony. Her eyes gleam with sincerity and fear, although she remains calm.

"I felt his aura." Clarice shakes her head and closes her eyes. "Amidst my interview I sent out an aural radar, one that would take only the best to detect. I was only able to cover two thirds of the Tower but I assumed the top floors were reserved for members like Clark who rely on others to defend themselves anyways, I mapped out eleven potential threats for the mission, including two that sent out a reactionary radar with their fighting spirit." Clarice gulps. "Then a third one came surging through the entirety of the tower, had to be from the highest floor because I didn't so much as get even a reading off my radar. It was sent out at the same time as the other two, which means he knew my aura was sent out despite it never reaching him."

"And?"

"And that one was so intense it sent just about everyone on the bottom floor, regardless of if they could comprehend fighting spirit or not, into a light panic. 'Grendel's looking for someone', 'oh crap its the spear', 'make yourselves scarce', and so on. The other two auras were nothing to scoff at either, but they'll be with Tai when we infiltrate the tower. Grendel Russ will be there." 

Antonio still isn't convinced about this Russ or how dangerous he is. Clarice continues. "If I may put it into perspective, that bloke in the bar earlier today-" Antonio uncrosses his arms and his eyes go cold. He knows Clarice means to speak of Paul. "-was about as strong in fighting spirit as the fifth most powerful aura I read there, and that individual would take the three of us at best to defeat him without great loss." Antonio turns his head in disgust. He knows he's still technically not at Pauls level but he refuses to believe it. "The fifth did not detect my aura radar, the other four did." Jason tilts his head.

"How do you figure, only three sent back a retaliation, right?"

"True, however those were the fourth and the second. The third stayed quiet but I'm sure whoever it was knew what was happening." Clarice shakes her head. "In any event gauge the fifth based on that guy in the bar and grill earlier. Compared to the first, guardian spear of Tai Corp, the vice president Grendel Russ, he is a pushover. He is NOT to be confronted under ANY circumstances, consider the mission failed if hes so much as two rooms away from you, and quite frankly I would say twenty floors."

---
Standing behind Clarks desk is a menacing figure, one that stands high above even the cowering Zorn, who has his back against the wall on Clarks left side. The papers this beast is holding are covering his face. His Tai Corp uniform is somewhat special, with a black, grey, and dark blue stripe design prevalent on his three piece suit. He stands tall and proud, his odd dark grey shaved mohawk nearly touching the ceiling. On his left pocket is a badge with four bold in red initials on them; TCVP.

"This confirms the presidents lingering suspicions, Clark." The man speaks in a quiet but demanding baritone. "Explain yourself."

"S-sir Russ, you see..." Clark desperately fishes for an excuse. 'No Worries' is the last thing on his mind now. "well-"

"Nevermind." Clark blinks. "There exists no excuse that could justify these actions." Grendel moves the papers just slightly away from his face, revealing cold silver eyes. The turn to meet Clark and pierce through his stare. A shiver chills him. "Its incidents like this that breed potential ruin for our stocks and reputation, Clark."

:I know, I just-"

"And anything that can bring ruin to our president, anything that can bring harm to him ought to be disposed of, Clark." Russ glares down hard at Clark. Zorn contemplates stepping in between the two but his fear gets the best of him. "You are both our most essential cog and most counter productive. You continue to do these things that bring bad rumors to our doorstep yet your inventions have single-handedly strengthened our reach well beyond Norot. You-"

"Its not my fault!" Zorn gasps and turns his head to Clark. "That rotten piece of trash with the green hair destroyed TAI CORP PROPERTY! He needed to be taught the value of fear! NEVER underestimate the strength of the Tai Corporation!"

"So, you threw one of our associates off the tower because she had a loose connection with this 'Dragone'. How foolish." Clark grits his teeth and resists yelling at the Vice President again. "I could never understand you Clark. You're far and away the most brilliant man in this building, maybe in all of Norot, yet you always do things like this," Russ obscures what little of his face is showing with the papers once again. "This Dragone individual. He seems pretty trigger happy too. He was in the news earlier for helping stop a heist in Rosemali park,no one knows why he got involved though." A very subtle smile creeps on Russes silhouetted face. He speaks too quietly for Clark or Zorn to hear him. "If he's anything like his father, he just might-"

"What? I can't hear you." Russ lowers the papers and walks toward Clark. "Hey..."

"Nevermind it. If this Antonio so much as breathes on the Tai Tower he'll be dealt with promptly. As for you-" Russ stops in front of Clark. "-You have six hours to collect whatever provisions you'll need to sustain yourself for the next several weeks. Make it enough for three weeks. After the six hours are up you're under house arrest until the president returns from his business trip. Then we'll see what to do about your recent actions." 

Clark is silent. Russ shoves past him and exits the office. Clark looks at Zorn, who is practically shivering and sweating buckets. Clark slowly makes his way to his chair and sits down. He takes a couple of deep breaths before he begins to throw a fit.

"Damn it all! DAMN IT!!" Clark slaps his hands on his desk in a childish tantrum, Zorn can't help but turn his head away from his boss in embarrassment. "That Russ thinks hes hot s**t?! He wouldn't be where he is without me! None of them would! He-" Clarks door opens. He stops his fit and glares forward as Bo Lucas enters the office.


© 2020 Jeffrey J Dotson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on March 11, 2020
Last Updated on March 12, 2020
Tags: Action, Adventure, Drama

Sevendown


Author

Jeffrey J Dotson
Jeffrey J Dotson

Merritt Island, FL



About
A young man who's working on a story hes been planning out for some time now (Sevendown). Its grown, changed and evolved into something I think a lot of people might enjoy and I am PROUD to introduce .. more..

Writing