26th Exploit: Turmoil and Preparation 2

26th Exploit: Turmoil and Preparation 2

A Chapter by Jeffrey J Dotson
"

Clark continues to worry about the impending future and how to secure his safety, while Antonio and Co begin to prepare for their infiltration, with the plan already agreed upon.

"
26th Exploit: Turmoil and Preparation Pt. 2

Clark groans in aggravation as he ends the call. He was hoping to get good help dirt cheap, but hes relieved to at least have some extra numbers for his self security. Clark stands up and runs his hand through his hair.

"Alright, just one more thing to do." Clark sighs. He leaves his office and heads toward the elevator. Clark begins to think out loud to himself as his machine janitor says 'good afternoon' "Zorn and that great beheader b***h 'should' be enough, but, a little more insurance wouldn't hurt..." The elevator doors open and Clark lowers his head. He walks into the elevator. He nudges into someone as he turns to close the doors. "Watch where the f**k you're-" Clark looks up. "-go..aaaa!?!"

The president of the Tai Corporation, Tai Delaurance, stares at Clark, who looks like hes about to faint. "Beg your pardon, Clark?" Clark takes a step back as the elevator doors close. "You going down, right?"

"Uhh. Y-yes sir." Tai presses 5 and 2, floor 52, and the elevator begins to descend. "You ready for your trip sir?"

"You know it!" Tai looks bright and full of excitement. "Just a few more days and I'm back in the gorgeous Kurishia for a bit. Hope the black market leads I'm getting from my source are more accurate this time." Right now I'm just checking to make sure all the travel preparations are ready." The whole time Tai's speaking Clark is looking back and forth between the elevator doors and the president. "Something wrong?"

"Huh?" Clark gulps. He's surprised that Tai hasn't been giving him an earful, which means in his mind Tai hasn't spoken to Russ about what he's been doing this past week and his involvement with Sarahs 'accident'. :Oh. Well, its nothing. Just thinking about my next big project."

"The B-X project for our neighboring friends?" A coy, almost sinister smile spreads over Tai's mouth. "I'll see if I can't wrangle up some Iozone* while I'm at the black market."

"Thanks sir." The elevator door opens. "You have a good day."

"You too!" Tai smiles brightly and begins to walk out of the elevator. "We'll speak about the files Russ left on my desk after I return from my trip." Tai faces Clark and retains his innocent smile as the elevator door closes between the two. Clark stands for a moment before pressing 1.

"S**t."

---

Jason stands outside of deteriorating building with a large amount of overgrowth choking around it, and a sizable hole where Jason enters and exits from. It, as well as the surrounding housing areas, appears to have been long abandoned. Yet another bygone suburb left to rot by the governments negligence. This house in particular is where Jason has been squatting for a small handful of years now. 

The inside of the house fairs a bit better then the exterior, but is still a mess and mostly a dust magnet. There's a bookshelf on the right wall that appears to be moved often. In fact the marks on the terrazzo floor indicate that it's the only constant action that takes place in this room. Jason pushes it to the side, revealing a door way that lacks a door. He walks into the room and crosses his arms. 

"Now then." 

Jason looks around his hiding hole. On the opposite wall to where he just entered is a stereo system with a stack of CD's sitting next to it. There's also a poster above the stereo of an angry looking  dark skinned young  with his arms crossed that is hanging off the wall. The title 'Murder Rhymes F' are 'spray painted' above his head in green. Also on this same wall a couple feet left of the Stereo system is a small television set. 

On the right of Jason is a barren wall, with the exception of a big hole three feet away from the ground and a lot of vines and overgrowth invading through it. Left of Jason is a heap of trash, oddities, a duffel bag, and other sorts of things that look useless on their own. Jason turns his attention toward this wall. 

"Guess I better start looking for something useful then." 

---

Antonio walks toward the Rio Dojo, looking toward Luke. Luke is going through exercises with his students between the triangle ring and his dojo. Antonio begins to think of how Luke will react to the news of Sarah and is hesitant to continue his approach. 

"Luke..." 

Antonio looks toward the students and frowns, then back at Luke. Luke's standing straight up and looking toward Tony with a bit of surprise. Antonio gulps and grips his fists as he begins to walk toward Luke again, putting on  a serious face. 

--- 

Jace is still admiring the collection of sheaths above Clarices fireplace. He eyes the one with the sword she spoke of with a worried expression. 

"Someone that she loved...? Why would she want to kill someone like that?" Jace gently grips the locket hanging off his neck with his thumb and index finger. 

--- 

Clarice is meditating in the back of her yard. It's natural elegance is well kept in spite of her hectic schedule between Norot and Ferland. She's under a large tree, the one that's visible from the front of her house, and hums quietly. There's a circle of stones around her, and her sword is resting on the trunk of the tree. She now thinks of nothing, clearing any thoughts or worries away. 

"..." 

Clarice suddenly strains. Two lockets dangle in the darkness, then two silhouettes. One of Jace and one of Tai. Jace parts from her thoughts and in place of him are the corpses of Antonio, Jason and herself. They lay defeated at the foot of a mighty spear piecing into the ground. Clarice opens her eyes and sweats cold. 

"No, it won't go that way..." Clarice gulps. "The plan's sound. But-" Clarice turns her head toward her home. "No, I'm overthinking it. Just because that could happen doesn't mean it will. Of course I'm worried about 'the guardian spear'." Clarice closes her eyes and shakes her head. "But..."

---

Zorn drives up to the front of the Tai Tower in Clarks car. Clark is just now exiting the building. Zorn teases running over his best friend but turns at the last three seconds and swerves in a way where the passenger door is facing Clark. Clark looks like hes about to have a heart attack. He opens the door and immediately begins to yell. 

"WHAT IN THE F**K ARE YOU DOING!?!" Zorn laughs. "DAMN IT ZOOOORN!!!"

"Calm down my mans, I'm just having a bit of fun." Clark enters the car and slams the door hard.

"Really ain't in the mood for your childish s**t right now." Clark glares at Zorn, who smugly picks the plaque out of his front teeth. Clark grimaces disgusted. "Just drive the damn car."

"Back to St. Costas?" Clark sighs.

"Yes. That's where this stupid Onex guy is, so-"

Zorn smirks as he lays his foot heavily on the pedal and peels out, almost running over another TC associate and whip-lashing Clark in the process. "AGH!" The associate shakes his fist at the car, but recognizes its Clarks car and quickly goes back to minding his business. Zorn recklessly drives  out of the parking lot entrance and narrowly avoids hitting a truck while cutting it off. Clark is spazzing out.

"ZORN WHAT IN THE F**K!?!"  Zorn laughs as he eases on the accelerator. "I swear on my life I'll have you killed if you crash my beloved Mosain!" Zorn chuckles.

"Sure, boss, sure. So-" Zorn looks at Clark. "-Any plans for this Onex guy anyways? You ain't about to try that extortion s**t on him too are ya?"

"Hmm..." Clark, still very shaky over Zorns driving, reluctantly shakes his head. "I'd rather not test Russ's patience anymore then it's already been. Big b*****d's already got me on his personal watch list now I'm sure." Clark nervously smiles. "Besides Ive already got lettuce head to worry about, and I'm almost certain he's going to try something stupid."

"Then what, we just wasting time then before you get house arrested to your desk?" Zorn grins menacingly. "Hey, here's a thought, maybe we should go to this Tony's place and bust his s**t up. Right here, right now. Just tell me where his house is, we'll-"

"Absolutely not." Zorn deflates. "If I keep pushing this situation I'll be screwed, regardless of the outcome. The best thing to do now is wait until he busts into the tower and either gets overwhelmed by the attack and defense divisions as well as you, or gets skewered by The Spear himself."

"Then we ought to turn back or do something else entirely. Why f**k with Onex-"

"No no NO!" Clark angrily shakes his head. "His dead pal owes me goddamn it, and if I ain't getting it out of his wallet I'll get it another way!" Zorns starting to grow frustrated at his bosses seeming indecisiveness. "I won't extort this jackass but I still might be able to get use out of him! I'm thinking the more the merrier, get it brick for brains?! If I bring him along too that's more bodies between me and green head, or even his friends if he brings a team. Free bodyguard work is hard to buy!"

"How stupid-" Zorn quickly cups his mouth with one of his hands as Clark glares shocked at him.

"EXCUSE ME?!" Zorn sighs.

"With all due respect boss, ain't I enough? Hell we have plenty of 'bodies' as is, and we both know for damn sure the kid wouldn't last a second against Russ!"

"The less gaps the better! There's gonna be a lot of 'em if he attacks after Tai leaves, and I wanna make damn sure he doesn't slip through any, see?! That's why I got The Great Beheader on board too!

"What? That loony a*s b***h?!" Zorn grumbles. "You're worrying way too much about this."

"And you're underestimating the situation too much dumb a*s!"

"Yeah, right!" Zorn rolls his eyes. The two continue to bicker as Zorn runs a red light.

---

"So-" Luke speaks with an intense anger in his voice. He and Antonio are seated on the steps of his dojo as the students run gassers around the Triangle ring under Tony's suggestion. "-so it would seem, from what you've told me, Tai Corps head of Science and Engineering for Sarah's condition? Tony, this is a hell of a story you've dumped on me."

"I know, and I'm sorry. I just felt you needed to know what was going on with one of your passing students." Lukes eyes are inflamed.

"Yes. Thank you for this" Luke lowers his head, thinking over as to what he should be doing now. "I knew the moment I saw that greedy little worm come to my doorsteps and when he mentioned you things were going to get dicey between you and him, but for Sarah to be involved in this mess... That's too much." Luke clenches his jaw. "Damn it!"

"So, you know how I feel then." Antonio lets out a long sigh. "In a few days I'm going to meet him in his territory Luke, and this time he'll be the one flying out of a f*****g window." Luke grips his fist into his hand and shakes his head.

"You'll be stirring up a hornets nest of demons just to stomp out a head imp?" Luke glares toward the ground. "You'll certainly die in vain!" He once again shakes his head. "The best thing to do for now is grit your teeth and bear it. People like him seldom get away with their abhorred actions in the end, and I'd rather not lose my other brother so soon after he's returned!" Antonio stands up and looks down at Luke.

"I'm gonna smash that a******s brains against a wall there's not a sole alive whose gonna stop me!" Luke stands and locks eyes with Antonio. "Sarah deserves justice and I will be the one to deliver it! I was hoping you would understand-"

"I do understand, and you should know that right now it's taking every fiber in me to control my own urge to not storm that grotesque structure myself!" Luke clutches his fists. "Even if you were to succeed, punish Clark and get away you would be branded a felon, perhaps on the same level as Max. It would be as if you were assaulting the kings workplace. Tai's name is just as powerful as Fiamme's, and your stunt will end poorly! " Luke grits his teeth. "I have the Dragone name, our fathers name, to uphold." Antonio 'tsk's' at that. "And I have high expectations for you as well, young Tony. Going out of your way to train personally in hell for three years and come back alive is admirable. I would be disheartened if you were to squander that effort by making enemies of the Tai Corp, or worse dying a fools death!"

"I don't give a s**t!" By now the students, those that aren't resting on the side of the triangle ring in exhaustion, are gathered around listening to the argument. "Between you and Clarice you both talk as though these Tai Corp a******s are stronger then me. You haven't seen what I'm capable of and she barely has either! I didn't go through ten years with you and three years with agony itself for nothing!" Antonio begins to breathe hard as he's getting stressed out. He practically forces himself to say the next few words. "I know... I know there are people out there stronger then me-" Antonio spits to the side in disgust. "-but I'm not about to believe the gap is that wide, and I sure as hell won't believe the number of people are that many!"

"You've developed an ego in your three years, or was it that something happened in the city?" Antonio flinches in anger at the statement. "Whatever the case is, the world is vast Antonio. I'm not going to tell you what to do, perhaps it is for the best you learn the hard way and gain some humility, but it shouldn't come at the cost of your life." Luke sadly shakes his head. "Regardless of the circumstances, I cannot condone your actions. All I can do is pray and hope for the best outcome, as unlikely as that is."


© 2020 Jeffrey J Dotson


Author's Note

Jeffrey J Dotson
*Iozone = The strongest known material in the world. Very dense. Its an extremely rare mineral that is found deep in the planet, created by high pressure, extreme heat and a vein of ice between the faults along the Serlan and Kurisia nations borders (and as of now only a rather small area between those two).

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on May 24, 2020
Last Updated on May 27, 2020
Tags: Drama, Adventure, Action

Sevendown


Author

Jeffrey J Dotson
Jeffrey J Dotson

Merritt Island, FL



About
A young man who's working on a story hes been planning out for some time now (Sevendown). Its grown, changed and evolved into something I think a lot of people might enjoy and I am PROUD to introduce .. more..

Writing