Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

     My father's knuckles knocked on the door. The door swung open to reveal a short, porky man. He was my uncle, my mom's brother. My mother hugged him and quickly told him our story. Halfway through, my uncle invited us in so my mother continued the story during dinner. My father handed the little money we had, to my uncle. He seemed to understand as he carried away with it. During dinner, his son came out and I was furious. They take my brother but not him?! He sat down in the empty chair which was in front of me. My cousin drummed his fingers on the table while his mother bit her nails that were already bit halfway through.

     "So, Kristina, how old are you?" my uncle tried to start a converstation with me. Usually, people call me Kit, like my brother does, but my uncle never did.

     "I turn eighteen next month."

     "Wow. That would mean that I haven't seen you in ten years. How have you been? Your mother says that you punched a disbeliever."

     "I did."

     "Ha ha! I wish I could have------" my mother scolded him and the conversation did not continue. I played with my food and asked to be excused.

     "I am very sorry but we only have one guest room. You and your parents can share it or you are welcome to sleep on the couch." my uncle smiled sincerely.

     "I'll take the couch, thank you." I put my dishes in the sink and turned around to see my cousin.

     "If you think that-----"

     I didn't let him finish. My eyes drilled harshly into his, "Go join the army."

     He stepped back as if I had hit him. By telling him to join the army was as bad that he could go to Hell. His surprised look turned into a glare before he left me alone. I pulled a blanket over my body and laid on the couch. Hot, bitter tears stremed down my cheeks as I replayed the events that happend that day. Somone was watching me, I could feel their presence but I will never know who it was. The next thing I knew, I was waking up on the floor next to the couch. I heard something sizzling, probably from a grill or a stove. My nose savored the smell as I followed it. My feet took me to the kitchen where I saw my cousin cooking eggs. I couldn't believe my eyes. My 'perfect cousin' cooking?

     "What are you staring at?" he snapped at me and I came out of my thoughts.

     "Why are you cooking?" I threw a question back at him.

     "Do you really think that my mom cooks? Or my dad? No, I do all of the cookin this house. Last night's dinner?" he pointed at himself and mouthed "me."

     "Oh, so you're making breakfast?"

     "As always."

     "Do you need any help?"

     "No. Here, eat."

     He handed me a plate of scrambled eggs which I took greedily but not without saying thanks. I sat at the table and soon he came and sat down at the table with his own plate. We didn't talk but there were occasional curious glances. I was tempted to spit out some of the aggs and act like it was terrible but I could tell that my cousin really had changed. My parents, aunt, and uncle came to the table with their food almost immediately after I excused myself from the table. After breakfast, my cousin handed me some money and a basket and told me to go get groceries. I looked at the list, stunned. I refused but then my mother scolded me and I realized that my new chore would be walking the mile and a half to get groceries.



© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Bad spot to stop but I am tired so... I hope you liked it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
Added on July 1, 2011
Last Updated on July 1, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.