Chapter 31

Chapter 31

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

                It was kind of a shock to be waking up in a tent. My head throbbed with every movement but, other than that, I felt fine. Someone shook my arm when I zoned out. Harriett sat next to me.

                “What happened?” I clutched my pounding head.

                “You tell us. The captain put me in charge of searching for survivors that didn’t make it to camp in time and I found you face down on the ground. I thought you were dead…” Aiden said from across the tent.

                “He was freaking out when he noticed you weren’t here. He freaked out even more when he thought you were dead.” Evie spoke up.

                “Aren’t we supposed to be fighting for a full three days?” I studied their faces.

                “Well, yes, but only during the day. Early morning to late night. After that, the other half of our team goes out and fights. Man, today went by fast. I guess all the death just makes you realize that time is short.”

                “I know what you mean. This man wanted me to deliver the news of his death to his family.” Everyone was silent.

                “So… Are you going to?” Aiden asked after a long while.

                “Once we get back to base? Yes… If I’m allowed to, that is. The man, though, he was a Disbeliever. He said something about finding the Truth before he died. Once he was completely gone, I ran for cover but it exploded from an RPG. I guess something hit me in the head. What about you guys?”

                “Death and nothing special about it. I stayed with a group of others under some cover. They gave me some tips on what to do. One of them had been in the war for a year and seven months. I thought it was crazy and we all joked about it being the new record.” Aiden shared while Evie and Harriett simply shook their heads.

                “I left my group. Anyway, how much longer ‘till we go back out?”

                “About five hours so I recommend getting all the sleep you can get.”

                I nodded and laid back down on my cot as the others did. What had happened with Evie and Harriett? Anything? Slowly, I fell back asleep.



© 2012 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Will edit later. Please enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on April 28, 2012
Last Updated on April 28, 2012


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.