Entering the Mind

Entering the Mind

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

My hand barely touched her hand before I was thrust into complete darkness. I fought to light the darkness with fire but the anger seemed to feed it. I tried to guard my mind and the darkness probed violently at it. A hole broke through and spread farther. It was like a dark cloth being cut or burned slowly. The darkness only appeared to be a veil but, still, something seemed to be pushing me out. A claw ran through my skin and blood streamed down my leg. Pain made tears form in my eyes and roll down my cheeks. I couldn't give up. I was Clara's only hope.
A shrill, blood-curling scream broke out of me as the veil was torn completely. I heard a gasp, panting, and I broke out of Clara's mind. My eyes opened and I felt someone gripping my hand tightly. To my left, Clara was smiling and her blacken hand was holding my skinned fingers. The pain showed clearly in her eyes but she continued to smile weakly. Quietly, I could hear her whispering.
"Thank you." Her eyes sparkled and suddenly Zack came rushing into the room with the nurse. They stopped dead in their tacks when they saw Clara.
"W-we heard screaming and... how did..." Zack's voice trailed off in his hard breathing. He didn't wait for an answer, he immediately hugged Clara and then me. The nurse quickly gave Clara medication even though she was hesitant to take it.  I swung my legs over the side of the bed and ignored Zack's several attempts to keep me still on the bed. I leaned on Zack as I made my way over to Clara. She laughed suddenly and thrust both of our fists in the air.
"Thank you so much. You did good, Oaks." Clara poked my arm. Her blackened hands were shaking, her blood shot eyes leaked out a few tears, and the scrapes and cuts had scabs forming. Other than all that, she looked better than ever. She was back.
Clara turned grave suddenly, "What happened to you? Your fingers and..."
"I touched you and, well, all of this happened and do you see that huge hole?" I pointed at it.
"I chose not to bring it up. Everything hurts so much but that doesn't matter right now. How'd you do it? I mean I was trapped in the dark or whatever and suddenly I am opening my eyes. How long has it been? Have I missed anything? Did the man live?"
"Slow down. I will tell you about it later. You've been out for two days and I have no idea what we missed because we both missed a ton. So, it was a man? No, you tore his arm right off and he was deep in the ground." I laughed at the eagerness in her eyes.
Clara was silent for a second as she avoided my eyes, "He deserved to die. Anyway, I hate this place. We should get out of here."
The nurse shook her head and both Zack and I refused to let her leave. She crossed her arms and pumped out her bottom lip.
"No." I shook my head but quietly whispered that I'd try to get her out the next day. The nurse turned on me.
"Excuse me but you are staying too. You need to rest here so I can see if you are stable." She led me back to my bed.
"Well, Clara, I guess we have no choice." I laughed.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
I hope you liked this chapter! Took me a while to write because I kept getting distracted. :) Anyway, I hope you continue reading this book as more comes on. More coming soon! Question: Who is your favorite character? Why?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

father.> farther

My favorite character....hmm...I like Clara I think. She has a good sense of humor and strong personality. At the same time she can scare me a bit sometimes, but I think those things make a good character.

Glad they are hopefully getting better!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I too like Clara. Great writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

father.> farther

My favorite character....hmm...I like Clara I think. She has a good sense of humor and strong personality. At the same time she can scare me a bit sometimes, but I think those things make a good character.

Glad they are hopefully getting better!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 11, 2011
Last Updated on September 14, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.