Round Two

Round Two

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

     I was called up to the stage next to compete against a guy. He was scrawny and kept shifting nervously. My mood suddenly changed. I felt careless and as if there was nothing in the world left waiting for. The timer rang and wind blew at my opponent. He shielded his face as his feet slid down the stage. The wind began to pick up force when I noticed his eyes flicker. He was up to something but, what?
    Something hit the back of my head and shoved me onto the ground. My anger grew and fire lined in front of my opponent. Fire was what I was best at, I think, because I gave into my anger easily. Things repeatedly hit me but I was determined to drive him off the stage. The fire pushed him farther and farther back. It lashed out at his legs and flared brightly in his face. My opponent fell off the edge and I slowly felt myself returning to normal. My emotions came back and my head felt sore. I slouched back in my seat while Clara was called up to the stage.
She glared at her opponent and before the bell had stopped ringing, she was standing right in front of the girl. Clara smiled kindly as she put her hands on the girl's shoulders and forced her to take a step off the stage. The winner was announced and she sat next to Dylan again. I gaped at what had just happened. She didn't have to do anything. Run up to the girl and move her back, how hard was that? Clara had the same cocky smile as Dylan and I was more curious about the two of them than ever.
Zack was called to the stage. No one could block their minds to him so no matter what, he could beat them. Once again the person walked off the stage which meant that another person was out of the competition. He won, again. Zack sat back down and I stared at him in disbelief.
"Just like that?" I asked.
"Yep, no one but CC knows how to block me... Unless, she taught you." He looked at me suspiciously. 
"She's not good at explaining but I bet I can block you."
"Really? Then why are you waving your hand?"
"I was.... Whatever. It's a work in progress."
"Sure, we'll see. Let's go to Practice." Zack got up at the bell and I followed. 

We sat together in Practice but Clara sat with Dylan again. For some reason, it frustrated me. For the entire period, I sat at a desk and tried to block Zack from getting into my mind. There was nothing else I could really do. I didn't want to catch the building on fire, I hadn't mastered water, I didn't want to accidentally make a tree in the middle of the room, and my wind would have everyone plastered to the walls. Also, I felt distracted. 
At lunch, Clara was sitting with Dylan while I sat alone with Zack. He couldn't understand why I was distracted. He got my attention away so I missed what had happened between Clara and Dylan. She had thrown her drink at him so now, juice was dripping down his hair as she ran out of the cafeteria. I followed after her and wondered what had caused her to do that.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
What happened? :o I hope you liked this chapter! :) Devin, if you are reading this, you will see the Finals soon! I think you know what I mean! Anyway, I hope everyone loved this! Also, I really hope you continue reading this book as more and more chapters are added. This chapter wasn't the most exciting and I kind of sped through it, I realize that. I was trying to get some facts in and that didn't make it exciting but you need these important parts. I hope you love this still! :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another wonderful chapter! Keep on penning!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I wonder why Clara is acting like that?
Fire was what I was best at, I think, because I gave into my anger easily.
That simple sentence was important and well placed. In one sentence you gave your character more depth. Good job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It was a great chapter. Well done. I hope the fight will be solved soon, I don't like it when friends fight! Wondering what happens next!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 14, 2011
Last Updated on August 14, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


His Bow His Bow

A Story by BrynnaW.


The Dying Man The Dying Man

A Story by BrynnaW.