Cloaked Man

Cloaked Man

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

     I was hugging my knees to my chest next to a trashcan in the damp alleyway as I ate a small half of a bagel. The bagel slowly disappeared into my mouth and I licked my fingers. My tongue began to feel dry but immediately it was watered by the water forming from my hands. I was too preoccupied to notice the cloaked man at the end of the alleyway watching me. My hands ran over the dirt path next to me and plants began to sprout. Wind began to make my hair fly into my face so I changed its direction away. That was when the cloaked man started to move toward me. He stared down at me but I ignored him.
     "Oksana Carolina?" He asked but I didn't reply. Suddenly, I felt as if I was being pulled up and off of my feet. My back slammed against the brick wall and the man smiled, "Are you going to answer me now?" He wasn't holding onto me or anything... He was like me.
     "That is me. What do you want? Who are you?" I glared at the man.
     "I am here to take you to school and my name shouldn't matter." he dropped me to the ground, "Grab my hand."
     "N-No. I want to know where you are taking me and I want to know your name." 
     The man stared down at me before sitting down on his heels in front of me, "I am taking you to a school where you can master your powers. I have seen what you can do and it is pretty amazing but you would be better at it if you went to the school to learn."
     "You still left out your name." I reminded him.
     He never gave me his name. Instead, he just grabbed my hand and the alleyway disappeared. Suddenly, I was on a grassy lawn in front of an old brick school. The cloaked man walked forward so I followed. I was taken inside and told to sit down in a chair. The man left me. A guy, that looked somewhat older than me, came toward me. He stood in front of me and smiled. Something compelled me to do the same.
     "What's your name?" He asked kindly.
     "Oksana Carolina. Yours?" My mind refused to tell him my name but it was blurted out.
     "My name is Zack Lawrence. Remember me?"
     "Zack? Oh my gosh! What are doing here?"
     "School. Now, walk around in a circle." Zack laughed as I did so.
     "Oksana? Stop. Don't listen to him." A redhead girl grabbed me and I felt my mind returning.
     "Who are you?" I asked.
     "My name is Clara Cooper but you can call me CC... Can I call you Oak?"
     "Uh... Sure."
     "Good. Now, follow me. You are my roommate." She began to walk away with Zack following us, "Zack? Get to class." She told him.
     I said goodbye as we walked down the hall and into a room that had the colors split green and blue. Clara closed the door behind us and sat on the bed in the green area. Obviously, the blue was mine.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
So, what do you think? :) I hope you are liking this book!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This chapter leaves me curious of what's going to happen next.
Awesome Job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Leaves me asking questions...
Great work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great chapter! I love people with superpowers, for lack of a better word, and this seems like it's going to be a great novel! Reading on!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You always bring suspense and curiouity... Jeezzz!!! Come on, and Clara!!!!!!!
NEXT CHAPTER NEXT CHAPTER! NEXT CHAPTER.... *Puppy eyes* Please?

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very very very curious, I like the story and plot. Also good characters. Well done, the book is going to my favorites~!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am curious to find out who Zack is. As well as the whole story of the school and the powers. I love her name! Great chapter, It's definitely a book worth continuing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

409 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 4, 2011
Last Updated on August 4, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Tumble Tumble

A Story by BrynnaW.


Hoods Hoods

A Story by BrynnaW.


Chapter 7 Chapter 7

A Chapter by Blessed_Angel