The Kill

The Kill

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

"I killed them," Abbey looked up at me and Zack with tears in her eyes, "CC... I didn't want to... Really..." Tears began to fall.
"It's okay... Shh, it'll be okay. Just calmly tell me what happened." Clara held Abbey like she were her own child. Her fingers stroked the girl's hair when she put her head in Clara's lap. Zack and I watched the scene from my bed.
"I-I'm not sure what happened... We--- My parents and I--- were eating dinner and it was just like always: they talked about their days, briefly talked to me, and then acted as though I wasn't there. Suddenly, I grabbed my dinner knife a-and..."
Clara didn't force her any further other than to ask, "Are you alright?"
The small girl nodded slightly and stood up so that Clara could get onto her feet. A groan escaped her still black lips as she limped over to grab the girl's hand.
"Um, guys, I'm going to take Abbey to the entrance and see if I can get her a room. I'll be back in a couple minutes." Clara opened the door.
"CC, I'll take her. You should probably get some rest." Zack stopped her from leaving. Clara studied Abbey's face for an answer. Abbey released her hand and grabbed Zack's. Clara returned to her bed but remained staring at the door. I got off of my own to go sit on hers. What was going through her head at that moment?
"They controlled her too." She said under her breath.
"Clara, you can't be sure..." I tried to think otherwise.
"So you think that Abbey would do that on her own? I've known her for a while now and nothing could make me think that she would ever do that."
"I believe you but we still aren't even sure who 'they' are."
"Yes we do, 'they are the same people that killed your parents and possibly several others. We have to stop them."
"How?" I asked her and I could tell that she was struggling to find an answer. Her mouth opened but the door burst open before she could say anything.
"Clara, can I talk to you?" Dylan charged into the room.


© 2012 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
I realize that it is short and rough but its been a while since I've written for this book. I'm going to write more so I hope youll enjoy. Will fix these chapters soon

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are really good a creating suspense at the end of chapters. It may be short but it's still really good! Could use some revising, but there's always room for improvement and it's hard to jump into a book you haven't worked on in a while. I like this story, keep working in it!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
1 Review
Added on June 11, 2012
Last Updated on June 11, 2012


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.