Leaving

Leaving

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

"Oaks? Hello?" Clara's hand waved in front of my face but I continued to stare at nothing.
"Clara, can I see your hand?" I asked.
"What? No." She hid her hand from my view.
"C'mon, Clara. There's nothing wrong with your hand, is there? Just unwrap it." Zack came into the infirmary. 
Clara stared at her bandaged hand and winced as she touched it, "Listen, Oaks, this was not your fault." Her hand was completely unwrapped and she showed it to me. The marking on her hand was jumbled with squares, circles, and triangles all combined. It was hard to tell what it was.
"I... I did that. What would posses me...." My words were stuck in my throat.
"It wasn't you. That necklace was put on you." She stared hard into my eyes but I was still staring at nothing, "You know what? Let's get out of here. Forget what the nurse says. We're strong and we can do what we want."
I looked at her with my glassy eyes. It would be nice to get back to the room, stay in a comfier bed, and no longer have the medicine smell in my nose. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and steadied myself for a while on Zack's shoulder. Clara watched me curiously as I stood strongly on two legs before she slowly got her own feet on the ground. Her arms steadied herself from the bed and her knees shook. I suspected that she was still in pain.
Zack began to distract the nurse with several medical questions as Clara and I tried to escape the infirmary. We walked to our room and eventually the nurse ran after us but Clara got up her strength and ran to our room while Zack and I were left behind. We ran into his room and waited for her to leave the hall. Several times we heard her curse but the more she did, the more we laughed. Zack finally left the room and confronted the nurse.
"Clara and Oaksana no longer need to be in the infirmary." He said.
"Why, yes, they do!" Then, she changed, "Oh! Never mind. You are right, they are perfectly fine. Good bye." The nurse walked away.
Zack and I made our way to my room again. When we entered the room, we saw that Clara and Abbey were sitting next to each other but, in one of Abbey's hands, was a knife.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
This chapter will be edited soon as I saw I need to edit it. I just need to not be distracted, which I am right now. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and more is coming soon!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Please write more!! This is a horrible place to stop!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this as always! You are so very talented! Can't wait to read more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i loved the chapters you wrote
i missed reading this
well done

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 24, 2011
Last Updated on October 24, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.