To Know Each Other

To Know Each Other

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

    I sat on my bed in the blue area and watched Clara sit on hers while reading a book. There were so many questions I wanted to ask but she didn't seem as if she wanted to b disturbed. I looked at the title of the book and frowned. She was reading a textbook
     "Homework?" I asked but she just shook her head. Who would ever read a textbook for fun? "Where are we?"
     "We are at St. Heinsberg's school for the gifted. Meaning gifted with special powers." She said nothing more. I had a ton more questions but I decided to sit back and relax. Right when I was totally relaxed, Clara said something.
     "Hey, Oaks, think fast!" She threw a pillow at me but I failed to catch it. The pillow smacked me in the face.
     "Ow! What was that for?" I asked.
     "Hmm... What is your power?"
     "Is that how you get my attention? By throwing a pillowing at me?"
     "No... I just wanted to see if you had a power like me."
     "What is your power?"
     "I could have caught that pillow. You see, I am two things. One: I am super fast which means that I can run faster than a cheetah or whatever. Two: I am super smart and I can solve any problem. What's yours?" Clara explained.
     "I can control water, fire, wind, and earth."
     "Wow... That's cool. Did you get your schedule for school?"
     "No. Was I supposed to?"
     "Well, they put you in the same room as me so I guess we have the same schedule. Tomorrow, just follow me."
     "How long have you been here?" I wondered.
     Clara frowned, "A year, one month, two weeks, and four days... My parents died that day because of me. I killed them. They wanted me to practice my powers with them. I was told to grab their hands and run. My parents couldn't bear the force of being dragged behind and into the ground. When I looked behind, they were cut up, bruised, and then... I was distracted and ran off a cliff. I was fast enough to make it to the other side but they slipped out of my grip."
     "Well, CC or Clara, whatever you want to be called, my parents died when I was five. There was a fire with some men that had started it and ever since then I was fending for myself in an old alleyway. I was taken here today probably by the same man." I told her the short version of my life.
     "Oh my gosh... I am so sorry. Do you want to find the men?"
     "I will find them. Anyway, is everyone here parent-less?"
     "No. Some have parents that don't know how to teach them, given up on them because they are disobedient, family problems, or, like us, their parents are dead. Of course, there could be other things going on but I don't really care about all that." She sat back in her bed with a new book about guns, missiles, and bombs.
     


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
I know, I know, a ton of talking but now that it is out of the way, we can move on! Yay! :) I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very well done! I really enjoyed it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Can't wait to see what happens when she is surrounded by other kids with powers. Can't wait to see where this goes.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SCHOOL FOR THE GIFTED?! Omigawd, this is going to be better than I thought it would be! Brilliant chapter! WRITE. MORE. NOW.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting. I would like to see how this one turns out for sure!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Intense and I like the dialogue, can sence a friendship here. This is getting interesting, well written!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 5, 2011
Last Updated on August 5, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Red Red

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Reaching Out Reaching Out

A Story by BrynnaW.


A Raindrop A Raindrop

A Story by BrynnaW.


Black Water Black Water

A Poem by BrynnaW.