Refusing Care

Refusing Care

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

Dagger left the room but came back with three wet cloths. She sat in front of Hack and gently dabbed the cloth on the cuts on his face. He stared in her eyes although, she was looking at his wounds. Her eyes were a deep blue like an ocean he could lose himself in. The cloth was dabbed on his bleeding lip. Hack continued to stare at her. Her cheeks were bruised, her lip was swollen, and her chest... Dagger's chest had a large cut. Hack grabbed one of the wet cloths next to her and touched it to the cut. She gasped and grabbed his hand. They met each other's eyes but Dagger quickly averted hers.

            "I-I have to go." She left the room again and Hack's hand fell to his side. What happened? He stared at his hands as if they were a traitor to his body. Should he go after her?

            "HACK!" Dagger's scream was heard from the opposite room and suddenly she was in the room, "Hack, we've got to go. Now."

            "Wait, what's going on?" Hack followed her to the door.

            "Base was quick to figure this place out." She opened the door but immediately shut it when seeing two men at the entrance with guns. Dagger ran toward the window and the door burst back open. The men opened fire. Dagger pushed Hack out of the building and a shot barely missed her hand. She fell back for a second, reached into her pocket, and threw it. Smoke clouded the room while Dagger jumped out the window.

            "Dagger? Dagger, get up! The men are shooting at us. Come on!" Hack pulled Dagger away from the building until she began running with him. She pulled a miniature grenade out of her pocket and stared at it. If she threw it she'd be killing dozens of innocent people... She pocketed it again and continued to run alongside Hack. The men were in their car driving at them. At the last second, Hack dove to the other side of the road and pushed Dagger with him. The car flew past and bullets rushed back at them.

            They ran into the shops. Everyone rushed out of their way as they pushed their way to the back entrance. The back alley way was vacant and an easy place to get caught so, they ran on. Hack pulled out his phone and called the police.

            "Hack! They won't make it in time!" Dagger felt for the grenade in her pocket again, "Heard the saying: you've got to do what you've got to do? Well, that applies here. Run!" She pulled the pin and let the grenade fall at the back entrance of the shop. They continued to run as far as they could. The door behind them opened but only one bullet escaped their gun before the grenade exploded. The blast pushed Hack and Dagger to the ground.



© 2014 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Still editing

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

a really good chapter and certainly worth me missing my sleep Hahaha . i really liked the interaction of the pair and how there growing and acting differentley around each other , a new air and it's weird for me aswell because i've read them like being the opposites and them being from same . but it feels so alien for these two to bond and that makes it worth the while , makes it better and adds alot more depth and layers to this story .

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

a really good chapter and certainly worth me missing my sleep Hahaha . i really liked the interaction of the pair and how there growing and acting differentley around each other , a new air and it's weird for me aswell because i've read them like being the opposites and them being from same . but it feels so alien for these two to bond and that makes it worth the while , makes it better and adds alot more depth and layers to this story .

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 30, 2011
Last Updated on May 30, 2014


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.