Given Up

Given Up

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

Hack was lying unconscious on the floor. Seeing Hack on the floor ripped Dagger's heart into two. Anger and sadness seeped into the cracks. She rushed to his side and let her tears fall to his cheeks. She watched helplessly as his body trembled and twitched. Dagger stood back up. The only thing on her mind was to get rid of the cause. Never had she hated a computer more than she did now. She slowly picked the heavy computer before finding the strength to throw it across the room and to the other wall. Pieces now lay on the floor; the other hackers stand by in fear.
Once again, Dagger sat by Hack's side. She grabbed his hand and got a glimpse of what he was seeing or... experiencing. There was death and destruction... Smoke... Her eyes rolled back into her head and her limp body hit the floor with a thud. The hackers watched on; everything had happened as if in slow motion. They all looked at Ghost.
"Well, it's done. For now, we wait," He avoided all of their eyes as he left the room. The other hackers did the same. Hack and Dagger remained unconscious on the dirty floor.

So, you want to hear what I have to say? Well, why would you care? Man or woman of destruction and cruelty. You hold my friend within your codes. Fear is all you seek. Pain me; I do not care. Show me my worst nightmares; you've already killed me twice. Speak to me and only words of hate shall spark my tongue. Hack is my friend... Stop showing me my memories! I've lived them! You want to remind me of my heinous deeds? My love? I do not regret any of them but I regret not enjoying every moment of that love. You will not win. The things you do only anger me more and make me want to destroy you. I do not fear you... 
She awoke. Maybe sore but, she was in one piece and that was all that mattered... Right? Still, she wasn't completely satisfied. Hack was still stuck in the world of datascape. The cold floor seeped through the thin clothing she wore. Dagger held Hack's hand to her lips. She whispered softly into it and kissed the palm of it. There was nothing she could do. Her hand stroked his cheek; something that had always comforted her. Hack quit trembling but he remained in his dark sleep.
"I know you can't hear me... But, I'm scared. Not for my self but, for you. I don't want to lose you. I do love you." Dagger's tears slid from her cheeks to the cold floor. The door to H@KON was kicked down and dozens of men in bullet proof suits and guns ran inside. The last to come in was Base 1 and Ducky. Ducky still had a black eye and a cut up face and Base 1 was still rather tall. The only difference was his muscles now bulged and showed through his shirt which made him even more intimidating. They smiled down at them before lifting both of them by their arms. Dagger fought their grip and ran. She only made it to the entrance of the door before something pierced her back. Why should she fight anymore? Why can't she just give up? There was no use...


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Will be edited very soon! New book is called: It will be the very last book and there will be plenty of shockers. I hope you are up for this. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good ending for a good back like i said with the last one . The ending where Base 1 and Ducky came it is something you sort of expect to happen in a finale - I do believe there wasn't much focus on Base 1 and Ducky as there could , should of been but least two of my favourite characters we're given spotlight . A strange chapter and it's something to reflect on too what's next , what's coming .I did like Dagger's speech and it's quite amazing to see how much she's come along and knowing she's Wysteria who was in love with Hack changes your feelings of her completely and gives her the more dimension .

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Added on December 22, 2011
Last Updated on December 22, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.