Questions

Questions

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

The day wore on slowly as the nurse came in and out of their room. She had said that in a few days, they could leave but, of course, they had to be signed out by a legal guardian. Still, that was the least of Hack's worries. Dagger refused to speak to him and it made him wonder if she would continue to fight alongside him... 
Who were they fighting? Base 1? He wasn't really doing anything bad, though... Was he? Or, what about the President? His plans had holes in them so, there'd be no way he could go through with it. At least, not without a hacker. Maybe, that was what the President needed; a hacker. Base 1 could have been commanded by the President to hire him so that he could play out the plan. But... Hadn't Base 1 wanted the President's files? So, that would mean he wanted to stop the President, right? Hack picked at the fabric covering his legs. That wasn't what he had overheard him saying, though. Base 1 was talking to a man in Spain and it didn't sound like they were for or against the President. Everything confused him and there seemed to be much more involved than he had suspected.
They weren't the only confusing people. What about Dagger? One second she seemed to be on his side but, the next, she seemed as if she was against him. Everything about her was mysterious. All her thoughts and feeling were trapped inside but if he were to break the dam, would they flood? Was there a soft center to her stony heart? What made her that way? Also, why would a hacker like her want to be involved with Base 1? How'd they meet?
Hack had so many questions that it was as if he was being buried alive beneath all of them. He needed to focus. He needed to forget those questions and come back to them when the time was right because, right now, he needed to figure out what to do next. He looked down to see that he had picked a large hole into the blanket. For the hundredth time in the last hour, he looked over at Dagger. She was still lying on her side with her back to him. Without her input, he wouldn't know what to do and, right now, that was how it was until, half an hour later, Dagger turned around with a gun in her hand.
"It's time to go." She said as she re-positioned the top of the sling on her shoulder. 


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Enjoying this? I sure hope so! :) More coming soon! Oh and you'll find out why Dagger's arm is in a sling later. Hope you liked it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

a very good chapter which has so much story which flowed perfectly . sometimes it felt like a summary in some parts but i liked the questions you gave us which were in both of their minds . ?????? . These questions are some i have and it's good when the writer can engage us and give some interaction in there peices and write what questions the characters have and what are the same as what the readers have . some good metaphorical usage aswell which made it more compelling to read . great chapter , great book .

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

a very good chapter which has so much story which flowed perfectly . sometimes it felt like a summary in some parts but i liked the questions you gave us which were in both of their minds . ?????? . These questions are some i have and it's good when the writer can engage us and give some interaction in there peices and write what questions the characters have and what are the same as what the readers have . some good metaphorical usage aswell which made it more compelling to read . great chapter , great book .

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
1 Review
Added on November 19, 2011
Last Updated on November 19, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.