Sensation

Sensation

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

It was quite strange, really... Or, more likely, unexpected. When I unplugged that wire from the wall I had expected that everything would be fine but, I did not think about what that computer could be capable of. As soon as that cable was removed from the wall, I thrust into darkness. The sensation was intolerable. My body twitched as the pain flowed through every vein in my being. There were voices but they seemed to be so far away... That was when I knew the computer was hacking into my brain. It opened files and downloaded every bit of information I had held over the years.
Personal file opened before me and I couldn't even stop them. One showed Dagger and I... She wore a black and blue dress with her hair up. I held her hand in mine as we moved side to side. Her laugh lifted my heart and I spun her away; our arms extended. Beautiful... She was pulled back in but she wouldn't let go of the tuxedo I wore. Her eyes sparkled from the lights above our heads and I wrapped my arms around her waist. This computer loved to toy with me... It changed what happened that day... As my arms slid around her waist, Dagger pulled out. Her eyes were now filled with fear. I reached out for her but she flinched away from my hand. Curses spilled out of her mouth as she stormed out of the room. Suddenly, police swarmed the entire area; guns jabbed at my back and pointed at my face.
Once again, I fell into darkness with my head spinning. Still, there was much I could learn from this computer. Maybe I could fight it and take a look inside of it... I push through only to be shoved backward again. Then, destruction. Is it this computer's plan or what's going to happen in the future? If the future, how soon? Seconds from now? Hours? It was impossible to tell how much time was passing in the darkness and even if I could tell time, I wasn't sure I wanted to know when this would happen.
Before my very eyes I watched buildings fall to the ground in massive explosions. Plumes of smoke screened out the sky. Airplanes flew over head only to drop bombs that shook the entire Earth. Deep gashes and scars marked mother earth. Telephone poles fell on top of each other one by one. Fires flared and sparked at every turn; the smoke making it difficult to breathe. Another building fell to the depths of the Earth where children called out for their mothers and fathers or even the way around. They never saw another living person after that. Several cries of hopeless desperation but there was nothing I could do. Then, silence. No tears or frantic screaming, just... silence. From far away I could make out shapes that were long, black, and skinny. Whatever it was, it was coming fast. They dove down into the gravel and came up right in front of me. 'They' were cables.
The cables had frayed wires at the end that were used to grab other people. More information the computer could download and store to make itself stronger. The cables crashed through other buildings, stores, and cars. Once, I watched the cables stretch out at an enemy bomber and wrap around the body of the helicopter. Then, it was pulled to the ground. More death... More... Blood.
Darkness again... I was never so happy to be in it. I felt as if I had been watching a Horror/ Sci-Fi movie that wouldn't end. Still, is this what was to come? Was this it's devilish plan? Could it be happening... right now?


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Loved this chapter. (I made Hack first person) Might add more details later. Hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope it gave you more of an idea as to what this computer is capable of. One more chapter for this book and then it is on to the next! More coming VERY soon!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This has too be one of the better chapters of this book but i do think the last couple of chapters didn't exactly deliver the punch that it did with H.A.C.K. chapters . When i first read this book i got a visualisation of what it was or where it would end as but that's been twisted and i don't know how it's going to end . I think one things that contributes too making this a good chapter is because there's more into - more lines and it helps greatly . A good chapter

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
1 Review
Added on December 21, 2011
Last Updated on December 21, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.