Wysteria

Wysteria

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

Hack waited until Ghost left to confront Dagger. She must have known that he wanted to talk because she stayed as well but leaned against the wall. He searched her face for answers but her face revealed no emotion. There were so many questions he wanted to ask... Who was Ghost? Did he and Dagger have some sort of history? What about the nurse over at the hospital? Dagger stared over at the end of the hallway because Ghost was now gone.
"So... Care to explain all of this?" Hack waited for her reply.
"No, not really. You know as much as you need to, I would say," Dagger averted her eyes, "Still, I guess I should tell you. That nurse from the hospital met me here. She and I were always good friends so, she gave me the gun. She still trusted me. Very few people here trust me anymore because, five years ago, I came here without permission from Base. That's why they always say I've never left that place. One day, he found out and told me that I had to turn them in or he would kill me and possibly everyone here @-H@KON. So, I turned them in."
"You know... You're about the craziest person I've ever met." Hack laughed.
"We won't stay here long. Base will find out that they still exist and come looking here to see if we came here. We should leave in a couple days."
"You're not staying? It's been so long, though." Ghost came out of nowhere, "And, Dagger, I was looking forward to spending time with you."
Dagger ignored Ghost, "The person who had originally got me here was Ghost. He found me wandering around outside in the middle of the night and decided to bring me in. Then, he found out who I was and wanted to keep me here to help play out some of their hacks." She now turned to Ghost, "Those are the days he loves remembering but, those were the days that angered me."
Ghost was about to leave but he turned around to face her again, "What if I said that we could help you? Hackers united... Face it, you need our help. Why else would you come here?"
"I'll think about it." Dagger watched Ghost walk away again. Hack was confused. There was more that he wanted to know but she seemed to be getting angry and he didn't know if he should push her any further. What would she do if he pushed her too far? Shoot him? No, he needed to know.
"If you're doing anything right now, I want to know." He brought up his voice.
"Really like you told me that you were setting off a bomb in Spain?! Right... I don't think so." Dagger broke, "I don't hear you telling me about your horribly mistaken past! There are things I never brought up to you that I found out!"
"So, that's what this is all about? Our pasts?" Hack moved toward her and he noticed that she seemed to be shriveling up. Wait, no, she was sliding down the wall. Hack grabbed her arms and brought her back to her feet.
"Ouch!" Dagger cried when his grip tightened on her arm that was still inside a sling. He looked into her eyes and, for the first time, he saw that she was afraid.
"What's your name?" Hack asked curiously.
"Dagger..."
"Come on! Your real name!"
Tears streamed down her cheeks, "You owe me... Wysteria. My name is Wysteria... Wisty for short."
Hack was shocked. He had met her before.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Uh oh... Next comes a flash back! More coming soon! Hope you enjoyed this!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very intense and character - driven chapter with so much flowing and hitting all the right notes but in the middle part when you said something about Hack wanting to know more but not getting any more info , i think you could add alittle more to that as it seemed like you just wrote that part for the reader's sake of waiting to find more and not for the characters sakes . WOW what a reveal and what a nice name Wysteria . good chapter and i'm looking forward to what's next

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
1 Review
Added on November 26, 2011
Last Updated on November 26, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.