Flashback

Flashback

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

There was a knock on the door. Not harsh or violent but, subtle and calm. Henry Ace Kallen turned away from the computer screen and looked around his apartment. There was nothing unusual at all because he actually preferred a clean room other than a dirty one with clothes scattered all around the floor. Well, here he was, back at the age of sixteen and living in his own apartment.
Henry called for the person to come in while he rolled up his sleeves. Fourteen... Or maybe it was fifteen year old Wysteria walking in with a smile on her face. Man, how he loved that smile. She sat down in his lap and pulled his arms around her waist. Her soft brown hair covered her shoulders like a blanket which compelled Henry to run his fingers through it. She leaned her head back into his neck; breathing in his cologne.
"So, what are you working on?" Wysteria measured his hand to her own.
"Well, I created a virus and -----" Henry was cut off short.
"You're hacking again? Why?"
"Yes... It's a small virus that should spread to other computers and, after that, I really don't know. I was just going to sit back and watch it play out."
"OK but, why?"
"For a challenge, I guess, or thrill. I'm not sure." Henry squeezed her waist with his arms.
"Seems like there's a lot you're not sure about..." Wysteria dropped his hand.
"These things are unpredictable but, come here. Face me."
Wysteria got off his lap but got back on with her legs on either side of his. Henry gently stroked her cheeks with the back of his hand.
"I'm just worried." She closed her eyes.
"You have nothing to be worried about. I love you and hacking or anything else, will ever change that. Trust me, Wisty."
"I know you love me and I do trust you, I really do. It's become an obsession, though. You know what I mean?"
"How about we talk about something else? Lighten the mood a little?" He smiled and leaned into Wysteria. Her soft lips connected with his and, as they kissed, a salty teardrop fell upon their lips. The tear, of course, had to be hers because he saw no shame and felt no sadness. His hands ran up the back of her shirt until Wysteria leaned out from him to break the kiss before she got off of his lap. Henry stood up and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind.
"I have to go... I'm sorry but I'll be back as soon as I can. I love you, please remember that." Wysteria turned around with her chest tightly pressed against his. He nodded and released her. She took both of his hands and gave them a kiss before she left his room.
Several hours after she left, Henry released the virus into several computers. Obsession? Nah, if only she experienced what it was like.
It wasn't until two mornings later that he had got a visitor and, it wasn't one that he had wanted. Police stood at his doorway; their hands rested on their guns. Their lips moved but Henry couldn't understand them. It was as if they were simply mouthing what they were saying but not actually saying it. He found the sense inside to nod at the men. They flooded into his room and hovered over his computer.
Fingers... Grubby fingers... They ran over the computer, typed, and searched. Suddenly, the police turned around to face him. More words that he couldn't quite hear. He was shoved against the wall as the slapped handcuffs on his wrists. As they led him out of the building and to the police station, he could only think of Wysteria. Did she turn him in? If so, why? Didn't she trust him? Did she really love him? Yes... of course she did, she had told him to remember that. Still...


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
In italics so that you know it is the past. You will see the links in the next chapter. Hope you enjoyed this! More coming soon!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There's so much to love about this chapter because it's something you haven't done yet a flashback and you told the story in a different way and more interesting way for development . It was erm different for you to write intimate moments because it's just a change and when i read back to your previous chapters like H.A.C.K. i wouldn't of thought you would be capable of doing them but reading Track Hack , i've seen you're progression of a writer and i can see how much you're capable of doing and that's wonderful for me as a reader to see . I still wonder how Hack didn't know Dagger was Wysteria and all that so that'll be interesting to find out and pick upon but i think what would make this storyline more compelling to read if a mention of this event was referred to in H.A.C.K somewhere . Great chapter and nice use of italics .

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

There's so much to love about this chapter because it's something you haven't done yet a flashback and you told the story in a different way and more interesting way for development . It was erm different for you to write intimate moments because it's just a change and when i read back to your previous chapters like H.A.C.K. i wouldn't of thought you would be capable of doing them but reading Track Hack , i've seen you're progression of a writer and i can see how much you're capable of doing and that's wonderful for me as a reader to see . I still wonder how Hack didn't know Dagger was Wysteria and all that so that'll be interesting to find out and pick upon but i think what would make this storyline more compelling to read if a mention of this event was referred to in H.A.C.K somewhere . Great chapter and nice use of italics .

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Added on December 1, 2011
Last Updated on December 1, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.