Danger in the Building

Danger in the Building

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

Dagger held the gun at her side as Hack stared at her arm. Why was it in a sling? Something must have happened to her as something had happened to him. She ignored his puzzled look and approached the door. The gun was now stuffed inside the pocket of her gown.
"You know, we've really got to get some new clothes." Hack laughed as he noticed that from the back of the gown, she was only wearing underwear. Dagger suddenly held the fabrics together to eliminate the gap.
"So, where'd you get the gun?" Hack slowly stepped out of bed and followed Dagger out of the room.
"Will you shut up? I asked the nurse to get me a gun because I know her and she's not exactly a nurse... Well, she is but she... I'll explain later." Dagger whispered as they slowly walked down the hospital walls. A doctor came out of one of the rooms and yelled at them for being out of their rooms. Dagger tucked the fabrics into the lining of her underwear and ran alongside Hack. The gun was now aimed at the floor because she didn't really want to shoot anybody. Bullets escaped the muzzle and exploded on the floor.
The doctor stopped right before a bullet could hit his foot. More doctors and nurses appeared but no one dared to come close to them. Someone pulled out a phone, however, Dagger and Hack were too far away to hear the conversation. They continued to run. His senses began to rush. The world around him spun, adrenaline rushed through his veins, the world seemed to suck him in, and, finally, air... Bright, natural light shined down on him and fresh air flooded lungs. Still, the world continued to spin and his legs refused to move.
Dagger turned around to see Hack on the ground. She pocketed the gun and kneeled next to him. Her cold fingers ran across his cheek. Hack fought to respond but his brain felt numb. The fingers touched the stitches on the back of his neck; ran up and down them. Her arm wrapped around his waist as she propped him back onto his feet. Dagger sat Hack inside of a truck that was parked outside of the hospital before ripping off the license plate and shoving it under one of the seats. She leaned underneath the drivers seat and hot wired the car so that she could drive it without the keys.
She rested one hand on his arm as she drove around. But, to where? Dagger thought back to five years ago. Would they let her back in? She pressed down on the gas and listened to the engine roar to life. Time to get some help... If they'd give it.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Hope you enjoyed this chapter. More coming soon! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have a very important skill as a writer: You manage to create mystery and suspense so that I just want to keep reading. Nicely done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This chapter was really enjoyable to read and i'm loving this out of place feel as everything feels out of it's place for the character , they've been at computers for so long there out of there element and it's fascinating to read . great chapter

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 24, 2011
Last Updated on November 26, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.