Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Loved

Loved

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

That was two years ago. It seemed as though Hack had gone through so much since then and, clearly, Dagger had as well. Her appearance was more mature, her eyes were a different color, her nose seemed to be slightly crooked, and, the only thing that had been the same since they last met, her wavy brown hair. Somehow, deep inside of him, he must have known it was her when he had run his fingers through her hair back at the warehouse.
Hack now felt himself sliding down but Dagger grabbed him by the arms just as he had done to her. He was in shock, the same thing had happened with the police. She led him into a room which he guessed was now hers. Hack was sat on the bed as Dagger sat next to him. Her concerned eyes searched for answers in his.
"Why?" He asked, diverting his eyes away from hers.
"I was still involved with Base at the time. He had banned me from coming to @-H@KON and from ever leaving the warehouse. I still left, of course. Then, we met and we... loved each other. Base found out again, hit me in the face -why I have a crooked nose- and called the police. I'm sorry." Dagger moved away from his hand. Usually, his hand stroking her cheek calmed her but, this was different, "The only reason why he ever hired you was because you had a copy of the President's files... He wouldn't let me tell you anything and to help my appearance, a little, he gave me contacts to change my eye color. Don't see how it would help, though."
Hack's eyes studied her face, "Loved?" He had never let go. Still, as she sat before him, he loved her.
"Surely, you can understand that-----"
"Loved?! After everything? You really don't have any feelings for me?"
"Well, if you'd let me explain..."
"No! It's simple. Yes or no!" They were both on their feet.
"Please..." Tears began to run down Dagger's cheeks and Hack softened slightly. He pulled her into him so she was crying into his chest as he breathed in her sweet smelling hair. Yes, he still loved her. Some may say that she isn't worth it but Hack saw something in her... A glint or shine, possibly. He opened his eyes to see that he was running his fingers slowly through her hair. She leaned away from him and man, how Hack feared her when she did that. It made him think she would run off again. He leaned toward her, wanting a kiss. Dagger stayed for a second before backing away even farther.
"I can't... I'm sorry. Hack, I'm tired and I want to go to bed so, if you don't mind, would you please leave and I'll see you in the morning?" Dagger turned away from him.
He choked. 'In the morning' she had said just like before and she never came. Numbly, Hack left her room and moved into his own.
"I love you, Wisty... But, why don't you love me?"


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Hmm... Hope you enjoyed this chapter and more coming soon!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm conflicted with this chapter . It Certaintly gived me some background information but i don't know . It kind of seemed like you was re-writing the flashback chapter and posted the re-write of a new one but then again i see why you done it the way you have and it's touching to read . I still want to know more of Dagger and Hack's history or should i say Henry and Wysteria . I think you could add a little more depth on the crooked nose as when you said it seemed vital but then when you explain it , it to me kind of felt irrevelant so i would advise on elaborating and adding more to that . overall , a great chapter

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
1 Review
Added on December 2, 2011
Last Updated on December 2, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.