Chapter 1.1 Betrayal

Chapter 1.1 Betrayal

A Chapter by NcrosReigns
"

Continuation to chapter 1.

"
She simply looked stunningly more like a princess. Green even noticed some minor details about her. On how her lips looked soft, her smooth slender arms, her crystal clear blue eyes. Green swallowed hard and tried to ignore all those things and said, "So, um, you have called for me, your majesty?"
"Oh yes, Mr. Rider . . ." Aliana squeaked in a small voice. "I have urgent matters to . . . Um, with you . . . discuss with you . . ." 
"Well, I'd be honored to hear it." said Green. 
"Um . . . well, you see, I . . . Um . . ." stammered the shy princess. Green knew she's being nervous, her shoulders were trembling. Uh-oh, thought Green. Aliana is never good in situations like this. If she gets pushed to her limits, she starts crying like crazy. 
"I-I-I um . . . " the princess continued, her eyes swimming in tears, she's forcing herself to speak. 
"Uh, you don't have to force yourself, princess, besides, there's no need to discuss things at th-" 
'Green, can you be my prince?!" Aliana blurted out. No... shouted at the top of her voice. It took Green one whole minute to process what she said. 
"Wait, what?" said Green. He was utterly bewildered on what she said. 
"I want you to become my prince," she said breathlessly. A love confession? From the princess? You've got to be joking me, thought Green. 
"Your majesty, wait a second, you- What are you- This is not right." he said. Green still looked surprised from her outburst. Not daring to believe any single word she said. 
He collapsed on a nearby chair while Aliana sat on the other. When he calmed down a little he crossed his arms and faced Aliana, his chain, clinking on his wrist. 
"With all due respect, can you please explain all of these to me?" said Green. I know she's not serious, he thought.  
Aliana shifted and said "I've been thinking about it, ever since you saved me all those times, I've been thinking on how I really feel about you, Green. Since you showed me that there's more to life than being a princess . . ."
Oh sweet god of magicians, she's serious! He thought. 
"But this is bound by law, princesses cannot marry those who do not belong to royal family or nobles, this is completely not right"
"But you can be more than a slayer, you can be a king when you marry me, and as for the blood, Green, you're the first person after 300 years to appear with magic flowing through your veins, your blood is fifty times precious than royals and nobles,"
"You're kind, sweet and brave, that's what I like about you . . ." she continued. Trouble in big little Eldrun, he thought. Tears were coming down her cheeks.
"Green, I love you, I really do!" she said hoarsely. The sound of the festival below seemed to be far away as she spoke those words. There were fireworks outside, crackling and shimmering, each of them flashes burst into color and shone on Aliana's tear streaked face. She looked at Green pleadingly, desperate for an answer. 
"Almost perfect, eh?" said Green in deep thoughts. "Sorry but I reject . . ." 
"Eh? W-What?" squeaked Aliana. 
Green smiled and said, "I am happy to hear that you have that kind of feelings for me, princess, but I'm not aiming for perfection, I'm aiming for my dreams and hopes to know what happened to my past, I am always seeing figures that are not seen here in Rhumekein, or in Eldrun, it's like I was from another world," Green explained "If I accept your offer and be your prince, that would mean that everything I have worked for will be for nothing, the only thing in my mind is to protect all of you, that's why I've been working so hard, I don't want anyone I care for be hurt. And 'king' is not really suited for me."
Aliana started sobbing, then loudly cried, like a little child. 
"It's not my job to rule, your highness, my job is to protect and bring justice."
"You can die! Green, you can die! If you will be the king, you can just stay here and be safe" she shouted. 
"Then I die simple as that." said Green calmly. 
"W-What? What are you saying?! Don't you value yourself! You're insane!" exclaimed Aliana. "Just like that Green?!"
"Yes, simply like that," agreed Green. 
"It is written in the Guild's Constitution, Article 34 page 11; Those who have fallen in battle shall die with honor, and those who breathe shall avenge the fallen." Green ended.  Aliana blew her nose on a handkerchief.
"Please don't cry princess, you're making me feel bad." Green compalained.
"Hmph!" she pouted. Green sighed and said, "Tell you what, I take back what I said about rejecting you . . ." 
Aliana's eyes lit up in joy and said, "Really?! You'll accept my offer, Green?" she asked.
"No" said Green
"W-Why not?!" complained Aliana, she was getting her hopes up a while ago and it seemed like a pump had drained it down. 
"Let me explain first . . ." "Listen, ok?" Green requested.
"O-okay."
"Good. Now, I'm a slayer and I'm free to make my own choices and decisions as a human, so I propose that you can wait for three more years, princess. Because we can't rush things like this, you aren't ready yet, we aren't. So I will have to ask for your patience and understanding. I promise by that time, you will have my answer, and also, if you will approve my advice hence our problem is done." Green said though his tone was more businesslike. 
"Mo-mother . . . Will she approve?" asked Aliana. Green remembered the queen and his eyes widened, he only nodded to her and smiled. I'm dead, he thought. 
"Um, so is it a deal, princess?" asked Green while standing to shake hands. Aliana smiled, "A deal then, mister" Aliana stood up too, they both shook hands. 
"Alright!" said Green, smiling widely. Aliana cracked a smile too. 
Green took his hand but Aliana won't let go. 
"Um, you can let go now, princess" Green requested. But instead, Aliana pulled him so suddenly that his face was close to hers then . . . a kiss. His right eye was facing the window from behind Aliana, and he saw a figure, unrecognizable because of the darkness, he closed his eyes again, and it was gone. 
While he was kissing her, a voice was echoing in his head . . .
You're mine and only mine, Green. You were mine and will always be mine. No one will take you away from me, NO ONE.  

He knew it wasn't Aliana, the voice was mature-like, his head was swirling around and made him dizzy, the voice continued echoing through his mind. 


© 2012 NcrosReigns


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

linti ka hed.

Posted 12 Years Ago


what he did with aliana was a betrayal to a promise he made with someone dear to him. ^_^

Posted 12 Years Ago


you will know about it in the next chapters... ^_^

Posted 12 Years Ago


umm,question.
How does the title relate to this chapter?
do you mind explaining?

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2012
Last Updated on February 7, 2012


Author

NcrosReigns
NcrosReigns

bacolod, negros occidental, Philippines



About
I am a Freshman in high school, and I started to write novels that came from my imagination, and frivolously, from my dream, yeah. more..

Writing