Chapter 1.8 Deception Revelation

Chapter 1.8 Deception Revelation

A Chapter by NcrosReigns

Green kept thinking back at the veranda. Sonia's weird, well, weirder than usual. He met up with Zeke and Gwen in the hallway and proceeded to the main wing of the castle where the ceremony will be held, Zeke kept on joking despite the fact that he was beaten up severely by Gwen (Zeke got hit twenty eight times in the head with a brass chair, courtesy of Gwen). Green smiled from time to time but the worry in his heart didn't lighten one bit and the pressure on becoming a slayer is reaching it's breaking point. Gwen seemed to sense Green's distressed and reassured him.
"Hey, it's gonna be okay"
Green looked at the floor and said "I don't know, feels like my legs are getting heavier with every step, I'm nervous . . ."
"Hey, chill, man!" said Zeke, "All you got to do is go up to the queen and be a slayer, then your job's done." 
Green didn't feel sure and glanced at Gwen who rolled her eyes, they walked around two more corridors and came to a halt in front of a pair of oak made doors, the doors towered over them by ten feet, Green was genuinely nervous now. 
"Okay, status check!" burst out Zeke. 
"Status check?" asked Gwen but Zeke ignored her, he went over to Green and asked him various things. 
"Magic! Normal?" asked Zeke.
"Normal" answered Green, with his hands glowing 
"You feeling okay?" 
"Yes," replied Green
"Nervous?"
"Yes"
"Senses functional?"
"Yes"
"Do you need a bag? You're hyperventilating"
"Don't need it" said Green but he was breathing heavily.
"One more Green," said Zeke "Did you brush your teeth?"
"Of course I did!" 
"Did you wear a clean underwear?"
Before Green could answer, Gwen smacked Zeke on the head, and he dropped on the floor again, Green placed his palms on his forehead, "I always wear clean underwear, Zeke, I'm not like you" he answered. 
Zeke stood up again, "Status check complete!" 
"Was that supposed to be a check?" asked Gwen. 
"Yep! Originally made by me to ensure Green's ready and that everything will be fine" boasted Zeke. 
"Well you just made it worse" said Gwen. Green looked so pale that it looked like his soul left his body , he was shaking from head to toe.
"Err . . . He looks pretty good to me, almost too good!" said Zeke. 
Gwen knocked Zeke out with one uppercut and went to Green, she grabbed Green's shoulder, trying to stop him from shaking, he stiffened, like a statue. 
"Look, you don't have to be nervous, all you have to do is walk up to the queen and it's done, forget what this dumb Zeke said. I'll give him a good beating later after you're done." Gwen said in a soothing voice very unlikely hers. Green closed his eyes and breathed deeply. "Okay, I calmed down, happy?" he looked over his shoulder to have a look on his two best friends, Gwen was smiling serenely while Zeke was bleeding and unconscious on the floor. "
"Thanks . . . Thanks for sticking with me . . ." said Green. 
"Sticking is our specialty, right Zeke?" Gwen prodded Zeke with her sword. 
Green approached the doors and breathed deeply. 
"No turning back now . . ." muttered Green. 
He opened the doors . . .
Into the feast of light . . .  


© 2012 NcrosReigns


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on February 8, 2012
Last Updated on February 8, 2012


Author

NcrosReigns
NcrosReigns

bacolod, negros occidental, Philippines



About
I am a Freshman in high school, and I started to write novels that came from my imagination, and frivolously, from my dream, yeah. more..

Writing