Chapter 1.10 A Journey Begins

Chapter 1.10 A Journey Begins

A Chapter by NcrosReigns

Green had the feeling that a camera was recording so that everyone outside can watch on a big wide screen. 
"Green Elendron Schiv Rider," said the queen, 
 "You come before me tonight as an apprentice slayer, but you may leave as a hero if you answer my questions. Answer them truthfully and with all your heart. After, I shall give you my verdict. I have the power to turn you into a full-fledged Slayer and yet, I also have the power to turn you into a fugitive, so you must be careful with what you say . . . Do you agree with my conditions, Rider?" 
"Yes, I do, Your majesty . . ." replied Green. 
"We have all heard about your deeds and accomplishments. You have risked your life for your comrades and my daughter, but! Do you agree to live your life to protect Rhumekein and its people?" 
"Yes, your majesty," replied Green "My loyalty is unto thee" 
"Will you uphold justice and punish the wicked that are considered threats to your kingdom and home?" 
"Yes, your majesty . . ."
There was a sudden silence, all the people looked at the queen, she was glaring at Green, he looked up to see the silenced queen.
"Your maje-?" 
"Even if it is the one whom you care and love the most?" the queen interrupted, she was staring at Green. 
Green's jaw dropped, his eyes widened, Isn't her question resembles the chief's? Green thought. 
"O-of course, your majesty . . ." he replied with his voice hoarse.
"Will you keep your promises and swear to hold your oaths?" 
"Yes, your majesty . . ." 
The queen started to pace, "I know about the power that lies within you, and do you know such tragic if such power leaks out of your control, we will be forced to take action and subdue you but the question is . . . Can you be trusted with such power?" the queen finally asked. 
It took Green a little longer to answer the question, the queen stopped pacing and glanced at Green. Aliana and the chief exchanged nervous looks, then Green finally answered,
"That depends on her majesty's answer . . ." 
"My answer?" asked the queen.
"It depends on your decision for it is you who decide if I am trusted. Whereas, I am only following orders, I am and will always be the queen's shield and sword and I will do whatever pleases her majesty . . ." answered Green. 
"Swear to it, boy!" laughed the queen pointing her sword on his head. 
Green looked up and said "I give my sword and my life so that I may serve you, I do not care if I am a hero or not, as long as I know that all of you are safe. I will be your guard and I will do with all the powers that I have to protect not just Rhumekein but all of Eldrun. This, I swear to you." 
"Then you are trustworthy," mused the queen, "The path you have chosen is a gore one, do you wish to continue?" 
"I'm ready" said Green. 
Then the queen said, tapping Green's shoulders, "Rise as a newly born slayer, Green Elendron Schiv Rider . . ."
He stood up and bowed.
The chief took a step forward and offered his hand,
"Welcome to the brotherhood . . ." he said. Green shook his hand and saw that the chief was crying . . . Which was very weird, the chief never cried. 
"Sir, it's okay . . . I'm alive, aren't I?" said Green, patting the chief's back.
"I can't help it . . ." the chief sobbed. The queen rolled her eyes and whispered something to Aliana, who jumped in surprise. When she was finished, she announced,
"Bring forth the gift" 
Aliana walked to her mother's side, looking very red. Green wondered what the queen told her, as he thought about it, he hoped he wasn't blushing. 
Aliana opened the box revealing a small, round blue stone . . . 


© 2012 NcrosReigns


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on February 8, 2012
Last Updated on February 8, 2012


Author

NcrosReigns
NcrosReigns

bacolod, negros occidental, Philippines



About
I am a Freshman in high school, and I started to write novels that came from my imagination, and frivolously, from my dream, yeah. more..

Writing