Chapter 1.2 The Night She Came

Chapter 1.2 The Night She Came

A Chapter by NcrosReigns
"

Unrequited love, is it?

"
Wait, wait, wait, What is happening exactly?! Green thought with his mind racing, his lips still on Aliana's, he didn't mind the voice that was echoing through his head. I'm going to lose my head if someone catches us! But at the back of his head, it tasted sweet. How he got in that trance? Never thought about it. The princess doesn't seem to mind at all. 
He was relieved when he mustered the strength in his arms to push her away, he felt completely drained from the shock and confusion, he could hardly speak.
"W-What was that, princess?! I will be accused of Federal offense!" Green shouted with disbelief, Aliana only giggled at him as he scolded her. Actually, Green was already like that ever since they were kids.
When he finally stopped ranting, Aliana said "Well . . . I didn't have time to prepare you a reward for saving me all the time, i thought that kiss was suffice . . ." then she smiled a mischievous smile, ". . . You can come out now, mother" Aliana said happily. 
"M-mother?!" asked Green, he turned around slowly as if scared, his knees were trembling.
"Why yes, my dear boy, who else?" a voice whispered in his ears, a cold sensation went down Green's spine, he looked over his shoulder and jumped, "Y-your highness!" said Green, kneeling. 
"Ho ho ho, children these days are getting jumpy, don't you think Everard?" asked the queen. 
"Yes, your highness" said a gruff voice uncomfortably. The chief? Green thought.
"Gee, quit kneeling, you dumb Rider and face us" the queen's voice ordered.  
Is that how a queen should use her language?! Green thought. It was dark again, Green's light was extinguished earlier due to his shock that messed with his control over his mana, he can only distinguish outlines of two people.
"Now, we need some light, Everard." the queen said.
"Yeah, yeah," the chief grunted, then a sound of fists hitting flesh was heard.
"ONE YEAH IS ENOUGH ALREADY!" the queen snapped. Green could only look at them, dazed, they're both at fault, he said. The chief answering 'yeah,yeah' does not give any respect and the metal queen hitting him doesn't sound like of what an attitude of a queen must be. 
"MOTHER!" Aliana chided. 
"Thank you, princess, I'm used to this kind of barbaric treatment" said the chief calmly
"WHO THE HECK DID YOU CALL BARBARIC! YOU SENILE OLD FOOL!" the queen demanded. From the way of speech and attitude, Green knew it was the genuine queen of light realm. By the time all the lamps were lit, the queen has almost beaten life out of the chief, who made no effort to defend himself. 
Energetic, hyper, sadistic, loud, aggressive, rude, totally or completely opposite of her kind and shy daughter, she's better to be called as a street lad rather than a queen. That was what Green thought when he first met the queen, though even she's like that, she is kind and wise when other people are around. Queen Stephania Nankalaev's looks almost matches her daughter, she is like an older and mature Aliana, except for her attitude, she's reckless and tends to be stubborn, but she has been the most successful ruler in 80 years, his husband died of sickness, due to her peace treaty with various countries both light and dark realms, the people think of her as a goddess, kind and graceful while Green, Aliana and a few number of survivors think of her as a rabid black bear whose orders should be obeyed. Yes, she almost conquered the lands of Eldrun, her kingdom traded many golds and fruits with other kingdoms, but no one in the night realm would speak about their queen, vampires did not agree with treaties of Rhumekein, some demons and werewolves were the queen's allies, but no one from these races knew about the Queen of Night, she's a mystery in Rhumekein, only that she resides in the kingdom of Arcane Runes and obtained the secret messages of these runes, they said that her power is a million times greater than all the slayers combined, praised in the Night Realm, feared in Light Realm.
 
 


© 2012 NcrosReigns


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

So you've managed to update it.I'll be expecting more in the future from you.
I would really like to know what happens next.
My regards to the author,cheers!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 7, 2012
Last Updated on February 7, 2012


Author

NcrosReigns
NcrosReigns

bacolod, negros occidental, Philippines



About
I am a Freshman in high school, and I started to write novels that came from my imagination, and frivolously, from my dream, yeah. more..

Writing