Chapter 1.3 The Night She Came Part 2

Chapter 1.3 The Night She Came Part 2

A Chapter by NcrosReigns
"

It's finally coming. . .

"
Tonight, the queen was wearing a long white silk dress, her crown carved from diamonds seemed to glow in her head, various jewelries shone, emerald earrings and a ring made of a fallen star from long ago containing large amounts of magic, the symbol of light, it is a heirloom to the Ruminas Family. She looks young for a woman in her forties.
"Ho ho ho, such a big shame, Rider, that you did not accept my daughter's hand but I must say that you made a wise decision, making her wait till she's ready" said the queen. 
"T-that . . ." Green blinked in amazement. 
The queen grinned, "But the question is, are you still single by then?"
Green felt like running from the queen but rumors say that she has a grip strength of 300 kg. Once she catches you, it's all over, Green didn't like his chances. 
"Mother! Stop bullying him! He's completely terrified!" Aliana chided "Slayers have the right to make their own choices!"
"Absolutely, princess. Queen Stephania, besides, how long have you two been spying on us?!" Green demanded.
"Oh, I dunno exactly, maybe an hour? Sorry I was having nosebleed" the queen chuckled.
"Your nose made a gushing noise when they kissed . . ." the chief grunted. 
Green's face was red, he has never been this humiliated his entire life. 
"T-Then . . . You saw . . . us?" Green sputtered, barely able to speak. 
"Well . . . duh? Both of you were cute!" the queen confirmed. This time, Aliana too was blushing really hard while Green would want to beg a demon now to take his powers and kill him on the spot. 
"Seems like I have done enough for one night, come now Aliana, guests from other countries are probably here, let's welcome them," the queen turned to Green, "Green, I'll be expecting you later and congratulations on becoming a slayer . . ." the queen mused, Aliana waved goodbye and left with her mother leaving Green and the guild master alone. 
"Now that's been dealt with I've been wanting to speak to you but I'll make it quick for you, seeing that you're busy with err . . . some things . . . " the chief said. Green looked at him and he was glad to see someone he's familiar with, he's mentor. 
The old man looked the same as always, tall with muscular stature, wore a weather beaten travelling cloak over his guild uniform which was roughly sewn, his boots made of grinkar hide (Grinkar = a type of monster in Eldrun), an eye patch and a number of scars he got from bar fights (some of them he got from real battles). He was the man who took Green away from living hell, the man who gave him hope for a better future. 
The Guild master met Green five years ago because of his magic, he then taught Green how to control and master it, he asked Green if he wants to learn more and but in exchange he had leave that depressing forest, Green agreed but hesitated for he was leaving someone really special behind. 
"Hmm . . . She was right about one thing though, you made a wise choice . . ." the chief mumbled. "You're much taller now than the day I met you in the woods" 
"Yeah, sure brings back memories" said Green.
"You remember what I told you right long ago?" the chief asked, eyeing Green.
"Yes, I remember 'Friends are among the greatest treasure that you'll follow even in the deepest part of Underworld' . . ." said Green.  The chief smirked and nodded "I'm expecting a lot from you, Mr. Rider, you have grown to be a man, don't disappoint me, this is your biggest mission yet." 
"Yes, master, I will not fail you" Green said with confidence
" . . . Youngsters these days . . . how refreshing . . . Now if you may excuse me, I'll be off now" the chief said. 
"O-okay, sir" said Green. The old man walked towards the door and stopped as he reached for the handle. 
"Green?" asked the chief.
"Yes?" 
"Trust no one, no matter how close and precious they are to you, because they might end up killing you." 
"Huh? What do you mean by that?" 
But before Green can ask on what he meant, the chief was gone and Green was left all alone, confused.    


© 2012 NcrosReigns


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on February 7, 2012
Last Updated on February 7, 2012


Author

NcrosReigns
NcrosReigns

bacolod, negros occidental, Philippines



About
I am a Freshman in high school, and I started to write novels that came from my imagination, and frivolously, from my dream, yeah. more..

Writing