Chapter four

Chapter four

A Chapter by Ej12345

Mike's point of view
I watch as this man walks up behind Brit. As he says something to her she goes all tense and looks really uncomfortable almost as if she wants to be anywhere, but there with him. "Officer Thompson who's that with Brit," I ask. There's no harm in asking. It could be one of that lying dirt bag Max's buddies. We all know what he looks like himself, we got shown a picture in case he comes near Brit or escapes or something. "Ok Mike I need you to call the police tell them we have an urgent situation with Brittany Matthews and that backup is required. Say that officer Thompson is with her and is trying to sort it out. Mike Now," Liam orders as he pulls his gun out. Looking at Brits new friends, I see them do the exact same, but they both have two guns not just one. Something's wrong. Something is very wrong. Brit's point of view
It's Kev, d****t. This is why I told them I needed the guns, where would I be if I had left it up to those idiots. It's not like I plan to go on a killing rampage like that guy in America. "You do know that since Max and Paul aren't here, I'm in charge and since I'm in charge I have to do what they would do until he is cleared. If Max was here, he would bring you home and punish you. Now it's not my job to dish out punishments, and as you are Max's property I think I'll leave that to him. But I will bring you home," Kev smirks looking really creepy. Well creepier than normal, if that's even possible.
Knowing him, he'll have people hidden, so I can't run. Well that rules out everything but shooting him and 1. I don't think I'm allowed to shoot him and 2. I'll most likely be sent back to the hospital and yeah no. I hate that place, so much. All they do is try to talk to me about my problems, they are the ones with problems if they think a cup of tea and a hug will miraculously make it all better.
Out of the corner of my eye I notice Mase making his way towards us. So I send him a subtle flick of my finger, to show that I know he's there. When he realises I've seen him he holds up 3 fingers. Basically meaning, on the count of three it's show time.
Keeping one eye fixed on Kev and the other on Mase I start to count.1.2.3. As I grab my gun from my waistband I see the others come up behind Kev, effectively cornering him so he can't run. Pulling the gun out I point it at Kev's head.
Smirking at him, I c**k my gun ready to shoot if necessary. It would be my pleasure, truly. No, seriously it would be an honour. "Di, we have a problem, look behind you" John mutters lowering his gun slightly. Following what he says I look round, to see we are completely outnumbered by Kev's guys. About 5 (well 5 people who are armed and also have the ability to throw a proper punch, actually that would probably make it about 4 because I don't know about Glynnie ) to 20, and let's just say we aren't the 20. Stepping back I hold my hands up. This had better be quick. It's only midday and I'm already exhausted. As I hear them start to walk towards me I swivel round, and send a roundhouse kick to the guy coming towards me. They should know by now, that they need at least two to catch me. Turning back to Kev, I point the gun back at his head. "If you take one more step closer, I will shoot him and you do know how Max hates you idiots making messes," I shout harshly glaring at all of them, they know that it's not a bluff. "Miss Max, Wouldn't it be you who shot him though?" One of the newbies asks. I shudder at the name, I mean it's not like we're married, but Max made them all call me that.
"Now that is true, but he would be even more annoyed that you threatened his girl, don't you think?" I say wincing at having to call myself his. I am no ones and one day, I will prove that to him.
Mike's point of view   
Brit just attacked them as if her life depended on it. Well I suppose it kind of did. "Now that is true, but he would be even more annoyed that you threatened his girl, don't you think?" Brit says looking uncomfortable as she calls herself his girl. What the hell did he do to her? Why do they call her Miss Max? Oh god they aren't married are they? If he forced her to marry him I will kill him the little rat.
The police cars come screeching round the corners, sirens blaring, officers pouring out of the cars like a waterfall. Mase and John put their guns away as they see the police. It's strange; Brit just stands there not moving, almost as if she's frozen to that specific spot, in that specific position, with a gun held to the man's head. Exchanging worried glances with Andy I take a step closer, so I can hear what is being said. It's odd; when we saw Brit she just smiled and moved away from us, almost as if we frightened her. Mase did tell us not to approach her let her come to us, almost like a scared cat. It's not like we'd ever hurt her, at least not intentionally. Mase also said to not lie to her, apparently she can get extremely angry and according to john that is very bad and also quite dangerous. Jacob asked how she would know. John said that she was lied to so many times at Max's, that she picked up on the signs of lying. The main and most important rule is no pity. She absolutely hates it, apparently. We have a lot to learn, but at least she's back. It's a start.
Brit's point of view
Holding the gun in my hands, I turn it over and over, over and over. Running my fingers over the serial number, over and over, over and ov "Di you okay?" John asks coming over and sitting beside me on the step they put me on. They made me walk away; they thought I was going to shoot him, that seeing one of Max's friends would send me right over that edge. "Di, I said are you okay?" John says again breaking me out of my thoughts. "I'm fine. Here this is yours right?" I ask Mase holding out the gun for him to take as he walks over to us.
"You keep it. Oh yeah Liam told me to tell you that he wants to see you. I think that's what he said or was it for me to tell..... Oh, I can't be bothered Liam wants to see you," Mase mutters throwing his hands up in a huff. "You are such an idiot," I laugh, pulling myself up off of the step.
Holding his hand to his heart in mock anguish, Mase sighs dramatically "How you could think I am the idiot, you are killing me here Britannia, literally killing me you are breaking my heart and throwing it away," Mase shouts dramatically, I swear in another life he was an actor, or at least the pantomime dame. Now that is a seriously funny thought. We could give him the dress and everything, and if he doesn't agree to do that, we can just dress him up while he sleeps. That could actually be even better. Note to self, dress Mase up as pantomime dame.
Shoving Mase I start walking towards Liam. "You are one evil little girl Britannia," Mase screams making John burst out laughing. "By the way thanks guys," I mumble sheepishly. If I was stronger this wouldn't have happened, I would've gotten myself out of it. Not dragged Mase and John into it. Not put them in danger again. If I was stronger Tay would be here with me not in a home or maybe even dead. No, she is not dead; I promised him I would look after her, so she cannot be dead. It's always me who gets into trouble and needs someone else to get me out of it. It's always me who's the princess who needs to be saved by her knights in shining armour.
But I'm not exactly a princess and if John and Mase came to save me on horseback, wearing random pieces of tin, I'm pretty sure even the evil witch would be rolling around on the floor with laughter.
"Okay we have made some changes Miss Matthews....." Liam starts before I cut him off.
"My name is Brit or Di not whatever posh yaba you have started to insist on calling me," I correct him, that's seriously annoying I've known him for ages and a day and now he's gone all prim and proper on me there is only one word for it, depressing, thoroughly depressing oh and disappointing. So technically there are two words but then again, I've never really been that fond of technicalities.
"Brit then, as I was saying your protection detail is being expanded. I will still be with you but due to what has just happened you will also have Officer Damon Glyn-fern, Who I have just found out already lives with your brother so that works out fine. Oh and your brother said the house has a room with three beds, in case they have friends over, so ....."Liam starts before I cut him off again. "Mase, John you gonna share with me?"
They've been with me longer than Liam has, we don't have secrets and they know everything about me. They didn't leave when things got tough. "No they won't, it is my job to protect you not theirs," Liam half growls getting annoyed. "Yes we will. She's like a sister to us and we used to share most of the time anyway. We may not have been hired to protect her but that doesn't mean we won't. We know more of Max's people than you because we stayed with her so we know who to look out for," Mase yells back clenching his fists by his side.
"You can't be serious; you know I wanted to have a life not be stuck as a criminal for ever. Because that's what you are and there is no way to change that, you are a criminal. Both of you are," Liam shouts back going red in the face, that was a low blow it's not like Mase or John are bad people, Mase's parents left him when he was a one year old he got sent to a home where he met John. John's parents died in a car crash and then Max found them. They didn't make excuses but they never did anything more than guard or escort.
You know in all the films where the two guys have a major fight to win the girls heart but just as they are about to start the girl stands in between them to break it up and says stuff like this is no way to sort it out and all that yaba. Well I'm not that kind of girl who stops a fight. My opinion is they got into it themselves; they can get out of it.
Suddenly Mase lunges for Liam. Well this could be fun to watch, big bad officer against hard core best friend. Who will win? Oh the suspense is killing me here (Sarcasm again, I'm only just realising how sarcastic I really am, wow..... I'm like the sarcasm queen) "Brit. John. You guys need to stop them before they kill each other," Andy half screams. It's not that big of a deal they're big boys they can look after themselves. Looking at Mase and Liam rolling around on the floor punching each and yelling I look back at Andy and say at the same time as John say "Let me think, no."
Andy just raises his eyebrow at us. What is with people being able to do that? No matter how hard I try I never can. Are they a super species of human who have the super power of ...... the Eyebrow?
"Fine, Rock, Paper, Scissors," I ask turning back to John fist raised. There is no point arguing with the eyebrow and we can't exactly let them kill each other on the first day. Where's the fun in that?  "On three, one, two, three, Rock," I shout putting out my fist as John puts out paper. I always lose this game. It's so unfair. Glaring at a smirking John I walk over to Liam and Mase
. Grabbing an ear which by pure coincident happens to be Liam's I pull making him squeal like a pig, if I do say so myself. Honestly it was a coincident. A very good and fortunate coincident but still a coincident. "I am merely holding your ear and pinching it slightly, so if you would kindly stop interpreting a pig squealing it would be much appreciated," I ask sweetly squeezing a bit harder, me, sweet, never.
He starts shaking his head I'm guessing to try get me off so being the kind person I am I release his ear and hold out my hand to help Mase up. "Ok, well now that we have at long last decided to be civilised. We can discuss the matter at hand. Okay Liam, I will be rooming with Mase and John so you need to accept it and Mase, nice one that was brilliant," I say hi-fiving Mase. That was a really good fight if I do say so myself.
"Fine let's go," Liam grumbles in resignation. See, how easy was that. All we had to do was have a major fight, play rock, paper, and scissors and pinch a few ears, easy. Nodding I skip to the car. "Do you by any chance need the keys?" Liam yells after me jogging over holding out the keys, I knew that, course I did, I was just testing him. Yeah I was testing him. Grabbing them I unlock the car and plonk myself down in the driver's seat.
Ow, ow that's painful. My hands unconsciously reach for the painful place. I found it can sometimes help. Lifting up my shirt ever so slightly I find the gun Mase gave me pushing into one of my bruises. I must have put the gun there when we were talking to Liam. Old habits die hard I suppose.
"Di, you sure you want to drive? Maybe we should go a bit easy on Liam. So maybe you shouldn't drive for the first few weeks," John says getting into the seat beside me. "Are you trying to say something about my driving skills? I like going fast it's not that much of a crime, well unless I break the speed limit and that's usually only once, or twice." I add when john raises his eyebrows at me. I'm not that bad a driver. I'm just not exactly the best you could say. But if I'm honest I could be worse I mean at least I stay in the speed limit, most of the time. Okay hardly ever. "Really, I'm guessing you mean per metre. Otherwise you would have lied to me. I thought I brought you up better Britannia. I really thought I did," John cries in mock anguish. Mase and he really should be in a Pantomime. They could be the ugly step sisters. It would suit them.
"Di what have you done to John this time?" Mase asks getting into the backseat of the car. "I didn't do anything he offended my driving," I retort acting offended. It's kind of how we work; we joke around and tease each other. "Mate, you do remember that we taught her how to drive?" Mase chuckles leaning forward so his head is in between the seats, I have a major urge to lift up my hand and slap him but as I am such a kind person I will refrain from that urge, for at least the next five minutes.
"Oh, yeah um now, Di I was only joking, you know funny amusing Haha, okay right well um you know that you are the best driver in the world. I bow down to your driving greatness. You are the queen of driving, even if you are always over the speed limit and constantly trying to kill us with your parking and you're reversing. Hang on a minute we didn't teach you all of that we only taught you how to drive in a somewhat straight line, so you are royally terrible at parking, reversing and almost everything else to do with driving a car," John shudders probably remembering me parking at Max's, I think I gave him concussion. It was totally the bins fault though; I swear it wasn't there when I started. Neither was that wall, or that other car, or, well you get the point. This is why people really shouldn't sit in the backseat, just in case a wall randomly falls over and you get bricks through the back window.


© 2016 Ej12345


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on December 27, 2016
Last Updated on December 27, 2016


Author

Ej12345
Ej12345

United Kingdom



Writing
Blurb Blurb

A Chapter by Ej12345


Chapter one Chapter one

A Chapter by Ej12345


Chapter two Chapter two

A Chapter by Ej12345