Chapter eleven

Chapter eleven

A Chapter by Ej12345

Brit's Point Of View

Lunch Oh Lunch, how I do love you my dear lunch, I seriously forgot how boring school is and how lunch is the only saviour. I mean who can last three and a half hours before eating, just because you add in a break called well break but that is only a snack not actually eating.

Come on how long does it take? Mase and John were told to stay back for a while, which could be due to the fact that they may or may not have knocked over all of the desks when I may or may not have tripped John over who then in turn tripped Mase over because John had tripped. So now I have to wait for food because they have no sense of balance along with no sense of how to fall in a small place and cause minimal damage. To add to that my dear annoying babysitters decided to leave me with the above two people whilst they went to talk to the headmistress or someone like that leaving me all alone to die of starvation all by myself, with no one there to comfort me.

Looking round I see a big group of boys in PE kits coming towards me, wait I recognise them; they're on the football team with Andy. Oooh footbally people, I hate football it just doesn't make any sense at all, I mean I get that some people like it and that they want to pursue their dreams of kicking a ball about and getting paid copious amounts of money but it just really isn't my thing which didn't really help when I was constantly surrounded by men who enjoyed the sport and most of which still do including John but at least Mase doesn't, he was my saving grace when we had to watch it, I'm actually quite surprised that no one noticed that I seemed to drink about ten litres of water just so I had the excuse to get up and go to the kitchen for five or ten minutes to escape the torture.

"Look what the dog dragged in," One of them says wrinkling his nose at me. What? It's not like I smell or something, wait I don't do I? I mean I had a shower after I got in and I put perfume on this morning, it's a really nice one it smells like mango's and general summer fruits, wait back to the point. "Hey guys," Andy says walking up beside me, oh joy I swear it is an annoy Di day.

"So Andy now that your brat of a sister has been found, are you coming back on the team?" The tall one asks he seems to have more authority over the others, like their leader or something, maybe the leader's sidekick. Well it doesn't really matter he seems to have some authority over the others, brainless people I tell you completely and literally brainless.

Wait that was a bit rude wasn't it? I'm not a brat, okay maybe a bit annoying but not enough to call me a brat.

"Real smart of you, making someone kidnap you just before our big game. I bet you planned it all you attention seeking little cow, you probably asked Max to kidnap you and then to maybe inform some reporters create you some more publicity. Your probably still working with him, I bet everything was just one big scam," he screams at me.

No, no, no it wasn't my fault, I wouldn't do that, I couldn't do that, he was shot, if I was in on it why would they have guns? Why would they hurt innocent people? Why would I have tried to help him? Why would I have tried to help when it was hopeless? Why would I do that to myself and everyone involved? Why would I stay for almost two years in living hell? Why would I testify against the monster that did this to me? I wouldn't do any of that, he ruined my life and I had barely spoken to him before so how would I have planned that with him, it's not my fault that I made the horrifically bad decision to go on a date with an obsessive psychopath.

"No," I snap, looking right in his eye, you would think my own brother would come to my rescue wouldn't you? But that seems to be our relationship nowadays he's rude and insinuates things about my life and then won't even stand up for me when other people do the same. It wasn't my fault though; I never asked to have my life ruined by some creep who just wanted to feel that bit more power over someone, the power that ensured I had to rely on him for everything."No what?" he says obviously confused, doesn't take much guessing as to what I'm talking about. "No I'm not working for that monster and if I were you I wouldn't say that again because you will find that I know how to eliminate anyone in my way," I snap never looking away, if I look down that's submission up is feeling insecure and awkward as well as right and left. Hunters look prey right in the eye, in my mind it's to show dominance, to tell the animal that they win. "Oh yeah and what can you do to me?" he laughs looking cocky.

"I can make your life a living nightmare, or I could be nice and shoot you and I will do both of those things if you annoy me again, understood now goodbye," I spit out turning around to walk away, Mase and John can come and find me later, I don't have the patience to stand around and talk to idiots without killing them. "Hey don't walk away you little brat," he yells.

Mase's Point Of View

Walking out of the classroom I look round for Di, thanks to her we apparently have a detention, but if Di doesn't get one we won't go, we're not here to learn we're here to keep Di company and protect her from the scumbags that the police don't know about. Seeing Di and Andy talking to some guys up ahead I nudge John, we still need to plan revenge for earlier because , A. it really hurt and B. we were the ones that got detention when it was her fault. John and I start walking over. Oooh she doesn't look too happy, actually neither do they. Di turns away, I'm guessing to stop herself hurting them but one of them grabs her hair pulling her back, with Damon trying to break it up. I start sprinting towards them John hot on my heels.

"Hey let her go," John shouts as he goes to punch her. She punches back and kicks somewhere, where the sun really doesn't shine.

Oooh that's really got to hurt. "Oh my God, Di," John yells grabbing Di's arm and pulling her back before the guy can never ever have kids, or speak normally again, with the rest of the 'gang' backing away slowly whilst turning a lovely shade of green. Can't say I really blame them. "Can you just stay out of trouble for five minutes Brittany, just five minutes," Damon pleads, everyone just ignoring the guy writhing in pain at our feet. Well it was his fault, so all is fair in love and war, or hate and war in Di's case.

"For Pete's sake my name is DI, and he started it, if you guys could actually, you know protect then maybe I wouldn't have to get in so many fights to protect myself," Di snaps back, glaring at the kid on the floor. "I need some help," the guy groans squeakily, uncurling slightly form the foetal position. "Shut up, or I'll...." Di starts before Damon interrupts "We said no fighting, and that means no fighting, so pack it in or you will be sent to a safe house faster than you can say anything," Damon threatens, stepping closer so he's in Di's face, ooooh bad move, bad move.

"If you could step back Officer, that would be much appreciated, and as for your pathetic attempt to threaten me, I can hurt you a hell of a lot more than you can ever hurt me, got it?" Di snaps poking him.

"What the hell happened here? Di why is there a guy on the floor? What did you do?" Liam shouts running over. Where's he been? "We were all just having a chat," Di snips

"She attacked me I was just defending myself," The guy yells scrambling up to stand on his two feet. Oh that little......

Brit's Point Of View

"Leave him I wasn't hurt and I can get him back for it later," I try to reason with Mase grabbing his arm to pull him away. Mase is the more confrontational one out of him and John, don't get me wrong you wouldn't want to mess with John either he can be one scary guy but Mase goes straight for the punch whereas John tries to assess the situation first and then attacks if he thinks that's the right thing to do. I prefer using threats like 'if you don't tell me I'll shoot you' that usually works, if it doesn't shooting them usually does, just kidding, possibly. "Fine, come on Di lets go," Mase mutters shoving the guy away and turning me around to face the other way.

"Brit....." Andy calls out, oh so now he talks, what about when that guy tried to punch me? Or when he was being rude about me? Did none of that deserve his input? I know I'm an inconvenience to him but I truly never thought that my own brother, my own flesh and blood wouldn't make even a tiny bit of an effort to help me especially when the people doing it were his own friends. That hurts, this is a perfect example of why no one can protect me anymore I need to rely on myself and no one else, Mase and John can get close but I still need to know how to protect myself because in the line of work we were in you get enemies and most people who do this end up dead. There will be a time when I have nobody there to help me, when I need to protect myself because let's face it no one can live forever and at the rate I'm going I won't be here much longer.

"Leave me alone, you obviously don't care about me so don't even pretend you do," I snap walking off pulling Mase and John behind me.

Breathe Di, come on breathe, when does this stupid school end? I need to go to the house, I can't deal with this many people, it's like I have a fricking bullseye on my head saying come on throw a punch. I just need to get through today and then up until the trial, then I can go. It's not like I'm wanted here and let's face it Max will never stop until I'm dead and if I'm alone then no one can get hurt because of me again.

The longer I stay the more questions keep swirling in my head, what if innocent people get hurt again? What am I going to do then? I can't just freeze, if I testify against him he will hunt me down and kill me as soon as he gets out and what if no one is there to save me? He will kill me and I won't be able to do a thing to stop him.

Whenever Max hurt me I could never fight back, I had the training but I just couldn't he could ruin my life and so many others as well so I just, froze, I didn't move I didn't defend myself I pretty much became a statue. If I could hurt him I would've been able to shoot him ages ago, he knew what happened, that I just froze and couldn't do it so he gave me my own gun, he knew that I couldn't do anything at all to him and he exploited that, he knew how much I wanted to put a bullet between his eyes but I didn't, and that's my fault. Maybe if I had acted none of it would have happened.

"It want Max though, it was some idiot trying to act big in front of all of his friends, he caught you by surprise, you were probably shocked which is why you didn't have time to react before we got there, he only punched you once and it all happened in under 10 seconds you didn't get a chance to save yourself before we got there," John reassures me crouching down in front of me. It's not true, I wasn't shocked but there's no point in arguing with them.

"Everything will be okay Di, I promise," John says, practically reading my mind, as I sit on a stair.

John's Point Of View

She doesn't agree, you can see it on her face but she'll just hide it as soon as she sees someone else, she lets hardly anyone know what's going on especially anyone who she doesn't know, she basically shuts herself up and anything she feels that could give her away is hidden, it's how we were taught, that if anything you feel can be picked up by someone else it will destroy the job and destroying the job means that they will destroy you, it was like we had to be completely emotionless, like a robot or the skin that the snake sheds. You're there but there's nothing inside of you.

They taught Di that, when she worked with us, it's almost like Max wanted her to be one of us, like he wanted to teach her just to watch her fail, because it didn't matter how many things he taught her, how many ways we were trained to kill a person he knew she couldn't hurt him and that ultimately he was still in charge, that he could determine if she ate or not, if she was killed or was allowed to live.

Well at least he'll get half of what he deserves, in my opinion he deserves to die and Di deserves to do it, he put her through hell and never had to pay for it, locking him up won't make him pay, he'll get out one day and then he'll find Di and ruin her life once again or do this to someone else, he'd ruin another innocent person's life. Di won't be safe until he's dead and Di is hidden well away from anyone that knew Max, I don't know why she wouldn't agree to go into witness protection, it would be safer than returning to the very place that he took her from.

"Come on let's just go to lunch, I'm starving," Di says . Standing up as well I stretch my legs, Ow crouching hurts your legs. "Does anyone know the way to the canteen?" Mase asks ohh that could be helpful couldn't it. Well it can't be that hard to find now can it? "Nopesies," Di sings skipping forwards, well that was a quick mood change, she's doing the hiding thing again but then again she usually is this weird I of course would never say that to her face because I unlike Mase do not have that much of a death wish.

Wait Di used to go to school her, well she now does again but that's not the point how can she not know how to find the canteen? That girl is obsessed with food, well if she can't remember she'll probably smell it out, once when we were at one of Max's business associate's party she could smell the exact food that was being cooked and identified the sauce with each dish, it was actually quite impressive.

"This is it, well it smells like it is so let's go," Di says coming to a stop outside of big double doors. See she smelt it out, freaky person. Wait where are Liam and Damon? Aren't they meant to be following her around all of the time? Hmm interesting, Di will be happy to lose her stalkers for a few minutes.



© 2016 Ej12345


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
Added on December 27, 2016
Last Updated on December 27, 2016


Author

Ej12345
Ej12345

United Kingdom



Writing
Blurb Blurb

A Chapter by Ej12345


Chapter one Chapter one

A Chapter by Ej12345


Chapter two Chapter two

A Chapter by Ej12345