Chapter eight

Chapter eight

A Chapter by Ej12345

Brit's point of view

"Brit, wait," Andy shouts running over, oh no I am not talking to him, he insulted me and the way I am, the way I live. "No," I snap, walking faster towards my new room. I tried to protect them and this is how they repay me, the thing is I would do it all again at the drop of a hat and he doesn't even seem to care about what happened to me, that he needs to give me time. It's like having an animal in captivity for years and then releasing it into the wild, it needs time to adapt back to the wild, like how I need time to adjust back to having a life. "You were a victim why can't you act like one? What is the problem with being a victim?" He yells coming to a stop beside me. The problem is that I'm not a victim. I deserved it all. Why does nobody see that? "I'm not a victim and the problem with that is that a victim doesn't deserve what happens to them and I deserved it. Don't try to understand I'm going now so bye," I say walking into my new room. Why can't we just have a normal conversation without fighting? That would be so much better than this.


Liam's point of view
"How is she?" I ask as Mase closes the door to his new room. I did offer to share with one of them but we really had to be close to Di, she may not realise it or maybe want to admit it but she is a high profile target at the moment, Max's corporation isn't small and some of his associates are probably not too happy about the fact that they will lose a lot of money if she testifies and if Max is put away for life. The whole case rests on her everything else is circumstantial and even a rubbish lawyer could and would point out that there is nothing but few witnesses some of who they will most likely disqualify from the solely based on the fact that they were criminals and could still be. Di is the only one who can really be counted because she wasn't one of us, well not officially and she was always around him and has evidence to prove the type of person he was, a heartless monster that was overly power hungry, violent and the list could go on.
"She's fine, really angry but fine, she said she's turning in early but John is going to keep an eye on her for a while and keep an ear out for when her nightmare starts," Mase mumbles keeping his voice down so as to not wake her up, well it's not likely that she will wake up, she can sleep through almost anything, even her nightmares but never someone talking, when I was still at Max's she had nightmares every few nights but after Tay happened the every few nights turned into every night multiple times. I have no idea what the first ones were about she just said,after we asked if anything happened when she was taken, that Max did something to someone that she would never forget but she wouldn't expand on that.
"Does she know about them?" I ask quietly, we never told her about the nightmares when I was there, there was no need for her to know, she would've tried to stop us waiting up with her when they happened. We all decided to, we couldn't just sit there whilst she was upset, even if she didn't know about it, it was our decision. "Every night but she doesn't remember or wake up still, the hospital asked us about them but we said to not tell her, it would just be unnecessary pain and worry, which at this moment I don't think she wants or needs," Mase explains, as we start to walk through to the kitchen.
"Hey where's Brit?" Di's brother asks walking into the kitchen. Damon, Mase, John and I decided earlier that we needed to work out a plan for tomorrow. Di said that she wanted to start school straight away, Joanna said she tried to reason with her and told her to give it some time and that she should ease herself slowly back into normal life and things but apparently according to Di she's fine  and think that diving in head first is the best way for things to become normal again and part of that was to go back to having a schedule and a plan so we are all going in with her tomorrow.
I have no idea how John and Mase are able to be with her, since both of them are 19 and should have theoretically finished school if they hadn't been kicked out or dropped out, but they managed it, they have every single class with her.
"She's gone to bed she said she wanted to get an early night so she wasn't tired for tomorrow," Mase replies curtly, glaring at Andy. I agree with him, her brother was rude, if I had just been reunited with my sister I wouldn't care about how she has changed I would just be happy that she survived and was alive to come back home, especially with what Di went through. Andy's too busy thinking about who she was, to savour and appreciate who she has become. "Oh it's just that I was going to......." A loud scream interrupts what he was about to say, it's started. We all jump up to go to her.
Mase's point of view
"What's going on?" Andy shouts behind us. Turning round I glare at him before starting to run again. If he carries on he'll wake her up and then he can be the one to explain why we're all running to her room, well probably not he'll mess it up or tell her. "Shhh, we'll tell you later," I whispers as we come to a stop at her door. It is quite odd how screaming doesn't wake her up but someone talking near her does.
It's probably something she taught herself. It's like how she taught herself to not make a noise when she moves or if she's being hit or how she taught herself to stay completely silent at times, its creepy, you can't even hear her breathe. The first time she did it we thought she was unconscious or dead. I almost called an ambulance, I was that worried.
"But what's going on?" Andy screams twice as loud, is he deaf did he not hear what I just said.
If he carries on I'll have to remove him if he hasn't already woken Di up. "Shut up. If you carry on like this I can and will remove you, so you don't wake her up," I threaten still whispering.
We can't wake her up, otherwise she'll find out about the nightmares and she doesn't need to know about those, not now not ever. Turning back to the door I peer in, as John sits next to her holding her hand, and calming her down. We wait patiently for the thrashing and the screaming to stop. "Run I'll hold him off, just run," Di screams, trying to get out of Johns hold. It's the same nightmare every time, same words and same horrible memory which changed our lives forever.
She should stop in a few minutes "What's wrong with her?" Andy shouts pulling at the back of my shirt. Ok that's it, we warned him. "Shhh, I told you to shut up, get out I don't care if this is your house or not. Stay away from Di, am I understood?" I threaten. He is really pushing it now.
We never told Di when they started, we thought about it, we thought about it a lot, especially when they first started but we came to the decision that if we told her she'd most likely stay up all night just so we could sleep and it's not like we minded. We used to take it in turns to stay up with her, when we were moved into the rooms next to her, after a failed escape attempt during the night. She never once woke up; Di can sleep through almost anything except talking, which as I've said is extremely strange.
"Guys I've got this, you can finish off the plans, I'll stay here until she calms down," John whispers, still holding onto Di's hand. Nodding I turn away from the door and grab Andy by his shirt collar. He really should start listening.
"I know she's your sister and all that, but there are certain rules that you need to remember, 1. No pity, 2. No telling her about her nightmares and 3. Pull another stunt like that and you won't be around to hurt Di ever again, am I understood?" I threaten,  still trying to be quiet. I am really not bluffing about it if he carries on I will kill him. Di deserves better than him.
"Guy's what's wrong? I heard screaming," Ty yells running in, wow, slow reaction or what? The screaming started ages ago and he's here now. "In the middle of something here," Andy shouts, is he seriously that stupid, I've already told him to shut up a million times and he still isn't listening. Is he deaf? Am I speaking a foreign language to him?
"Be quiet. How many times do I have to tell you? Shut up," I whisper shout getting up in his face. He may be Di's brother, but if he carries on he will be dead.  "Sorry to interrupt again but could someone tell me what's going on here?" Ty breaks the silence; they really are a persistent bunch aren't they? They can never just leave it can they?
Brit's Point of View
God I'm thirsty and kind of hungry. Oh please say they have biscuits or crisps. Walking into the kitchen I check round for a biscuit tin, to see Mase and Andy glaring daggers at each other and Blondie standing there like a fish. Ok now that's a funny thought, a bright blue fish with a blond wig. I've got to see that. Note to self: find a blue fish and a small blond wig.
"Oi Dumbo what's wrong with those two and don't you dare give me some sarcastic answer, I have only just woken up I'm tired, I'm hungry and I may kill you, so just answer carefully ok," I order walking closer to the tin on the side, it looks like a biscuit tin. What? I'm literally starving here, I never got to eat anything at the pub due to annoying idiots and I need food. "I really don't know what's going on, I heard screaming, a while ago so I came through here and they were like this. No idea where the others are," Blondie squeaks.
Am I really that scary? I mean I can't be that bad, no one else has ever said that I'm really scary or even scary at all, well apart from, um Joe, big Al once I think and a few others, see I'm not that bad am I? Actually don't answer that. Wait who screamed? Mase must have punched Andy or something, but seriously he screamed over that, wow someone's a wimp, he wouldn't last a minute in the ring with anyone from the teams.
"Oh yeah, the others are all hovering round my door. No idea why, they're like flies that you just want to swat, in the face, with a saucepan," I groan. I'll ask them when I go back but at this moment in time I am seriously hungry so if we could sort this whole thing out as soon as possible it would be much appreciated, in my interest as well as yours I get very uh violent shall we say when I'm hungry. "Oi Mase what's up?" I shout, this had better be quick I want the food and now.
Do you know how painful it is to stand beside a biscuit tin and not eat any of them? It could be a really cruel and mean form of torture. "Di, one what the flip, violence is never the answer and a saucepan really?  Just go back to bed, your brother and I were just having a little discussion," Mase snaps. Wow he sounds angry but hey ho they're big boys they can sort it out themselves and as always its Biscuits first possible fight later. "Saucepans hurt when thrown at maximum strength and hoverers annoy me. Question, is that a biscuit tin Blondie?" I ask pointing towards the only tin in this room, seriously they need more tins, the tin could be lonely and another tin would make it happier and I'm not just saying this so that I can fill said extra tins up with biscuits, of course not. A girl has got to eat hasn't she?
Blondie, staring at me like I have two heads nods slowly. What? I like biscuits. I mean who doesn't like biscuits? No one doesn't like biscuits if they do they should be shunned and forced to like them. Pulling the tin closer to me I tear the lid off and grab some random biscuits. Shoving one in my mouth I sigh, biscuits are good. "Ok now tell me what's going on," I order looking up from my mini biscuit heaven.
"Well I still have no idea whatsoever. Hand me a biscuit would you?" Blondie asks holding his hand out. No way, I absolutely refuse to share my biscuits with it, the annoying person who just randomly decided to be an idiot and try to get himself shot and the thing that called me psycho and crazy. Ahh these are so good.
"No way ho zay, my biscuits, they are mine touch them and you die, am I understood, stay away," I shout shaking my head at him as I shove another biscuit in my mouth, how dare he think that I would share such a sacred meal with him. ""Come on just one don't be so selfish," Blondie whines. Resisting the urge to bare my teeth and hiss at him, I shake my head again.
"Seriously just one, it's one biscuit, you can live without one biscuit," Blondie yells starting to get moody. I've only known him a day and he's already had about twenty hissy fits.
"No now shut it," I shout pulling my gun from my waistband. What can I say? I like biscuits and I don't like annoying twits, I.e Blondie.
"Ty just shut up, Di but the gun away and go to bed. We will talk about this tomorrow. You can't just pull guns on people," Glynnie screeches, now that must hurt is throat.
"Come on Di lets get to bed, maybe we shouldn't expose everyone to tired Di just yet," Mase says breaking from his glaring match with Andy and walking over, shoving Blondie out of the way. Haha, mental happy dance time.
Smirking at Blondie I grab another handful of biscuits and saunter past him, god I love winning against annoying people and well people in general. It's really fun and even though the people usually hate you for a few days or years in some cases it is so, so nice to have bragging privileges.

Tomorrow, tomorrow will be a new day, a fresh start. Please let tomorrow be ok I wish as I turn off the lights in my new room.



© 2016 Ej12345


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on December 27, 2016
Last Updated on December 27, 2016


Author

Ej12345
Ej12345

United Kingdom



Writing
Blurb Blurb

A Chapter by Ej12345


Chapter one Chapter one

A Chapter by Ej12345


Chapter two Chapter two

A Chapter by Ej12345