Sufference

Sufference

A Chapter by Elemiah

To say that the court battle was horrible would be an understatement. No matter how hard she pleaded, begged them to believe he wasn’t the bad person they thought he was. It was all to no avail.

 

She tried to reach him, to touch him one last time. But she was held away by people who didn’t understand. They didn’t know. They had never been in love, never felt feelings like she had.

 

“Something must be wrong with her” they said. Just because she loved. “Why would she desperately reach for the man that abused her?” “He must have manipulated the poor thing”

 

They didn’t understand. They couldn’t see. They only saw what they wanted to see: him the cruel monster, her the innocent victim. It was all black and white to them. They couldn’t see the shades of gray. The shades where she seduced him, the shades where he couldn’t refuse. The shades of their love. The shades of pain.

 

“Shh, it’s alright, he’s gone now” They said to her tears. Each attempt of comfort drove her farther and farther away.

 

They said she needed counseling to fix her. They didn’t understand. She wasn’t broken. She was in love.

 

Suddenly she was lying on a bed, staring at the ceiling. This isn’t my room. Her room was warm, and filled with pictures and books and clothes. This room was cold, and had nothing except for a bed and a suitcase.

 

A man came in. He talked to her like she was a child, so she punched him. Then he laid down on the floor for some reason.

 

There was a window in the room. But the blinds were closed, so no light came in. She got up and opened them. The sun was pretty. She wanted to go outside, so she opened the window and climbed out.

 

It was warm. But it wasn’t home. So she walked. The trees and streets slowly became familiar. Her house appeared, and inside she went.

 

It was really quiet inside. It seemed that no one was there. She went to her room. It looked like she had left it.

 

She curled up in the middle of the bed. It was warm, not cold and scary like the other place. Grigori…

--

Grigori silently sat in the jail cell, staring at the wall. It didn’t matter that he wasn’t going to be there very long; only until they had Charoum somewhere else. Then he would be allowed to go home, under house arrest.

 

He had gotten off lightly considering his crimes.

 

But it didn’t matter; he was receiving a punishment far greater than any sort of jail time. He couldn’t see Charoum, couldn’t speak to her, wouldn’t even be allowed within a certain radius of her.

 

He never imagined that he would be able to feel so much pain. The mere thought of never being allowed to see her, hurt on so many levels. If not for his pride, he would have cried; but no, that would be saved for when he was alone.

 

Eventually he was released, and escorted to his home in a police cruiser. He silently stepped out when they arrived and walked inside. He kept his walk as dignified as possible, until he was inside and the door was closed.

 

Then, unable to hold it in any longer, he collapsed to his knees and wept. That’s it. She’s gone.

 

It had been many many years since he had cried, and he had forgotten how heart-wrenching it was. As if his entire body was crying out in pain. His chest heaved, and his body shook.

 

What seemed like hours later, he finally stopped. His chest still ached, but his eyes no longer stung with pain. Silently, he rose to his feet, and lumbered down the hallway. He paused in front of her room. Charoum… Poking his head in, he nearly jumped when he saw her curled up in bed.

 

A million thoughts buzzed in his head. What’s she doing here? They must not know she’s here. What should I do? I have to get out of here. Even though all he wanted was to hold her in his arms, he knew that if they found here there, it would be all over. He didn’t want that to happen again.

 

As he started gathering and packing, another thought crossed his mind. If I do this, she might not have the chance to graduate high school. He glanced at her sleeping form. I don’t want her to miss that opportunity. A single memory flashed through his mind: Her screaming and crying, desperately reaching for him as he was taken away.

 

After a pause, he quickly continued packing. I can’t let her hurt like that again. Everything that they could possibly need was quickly gathered. We need each other more than anything else.



© 2008 Elemiah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

omg i almost cried D:
THIS IS SO SAD!
So... let me get this straight: Charoum and Grigori are going to run away? :O
ZOMG OUTLAWS!!!
This was well written. heart-wrenching, and... all round fantastic :D
I LOOK FORWARD TO MORE!
*whip crack!*

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 13, 2008


Author

Elemiah
Elemiah

Buxton, NC



About
I'm not much of a writer...sometimes I come up with some good stuff, though. My talent lies more in drawing~ Get Your Own! | More Flash Toys more..

Writing
Selfish Selfish

A Story by Elemiah


Lost Lost

A Chapter by Elemiah