Found

Found

A Chapter by Elemiah

The pregnancy went perfectly. There were many times when they feared it wouldn’t make it, but it was all alright in the end. Of course, that doesn’t mean that the entire pregnancy was spent in fear. Grigori, as he had before, crooned over her stomach, the bigger and bigger it got.

 

Although they never spoke of it, the silent fear was always there. They could both feel it.

 

Then she went into labor. At that point, all bets were off.

 

Grigori rushed her to the hospital, and stayed at her side every moment he was able. He held her hand and whispered softly to her. She whimpered in pain and gripped his hand so tightly he thought she might break it. But in the end she made it.

 

On Christmas Eve, Charoum gave birth to a very healthy baby girl. She was absolutely perfect in every way; her skin was darker than Grigori's, but lighter than Charoum's. Her eyes were deep brown. They named her Emma Serenity Nazarov. Grigori gently cradled her, wishing Charoum had managed to stay awake long enough to see her baby. Labor had exhausted her, so now she was having a well deserved rest.

 

“She’s beautiful.” He murmured to himself, gently touching Emma’s head. She gurgled at him, and he couldn’t help but smile.

--

“Our baby…” Charoum whispered when she finally got to see her.

 

“She’s as beautiful as you are…” Grigori murmured, kissing her forehead. Charoum just smiled and held Emma closely against herself.

 

“I’m glad we tried again…” she whispered, a faint tinge of pain to her voice.

 

“Me too…” Outside, though they were unaware of it, it began to snow.

 

“Our little Christmas baby…”

 

Grigori watched her silently while she played with Emma. You’ve become such a gorgeous butterfly… He remembered all the times he had driven past her house while she was growing up, hoping to catch a glance of her.

 

He had never ventured in, however, fearing that caring for her and her mother would be seen as a sign of weakness.

 

When he heard about the car accident, he figured he’d adopt her, and raise her like he had always wanted to. He always wanted to be able to care for someone, and he figured this would be the safest way.

 

And then he met her. And fell in love. He had never been in love before, at least, not like this. But it was wonderful and he never wanted it to end.

 

 He had his regrets. The main being he wished that it didn’t go so fast. He didn’t want to be that close to her until she was eighteen.

 

Despite that, he was happy with how it turned out. He didn’t regret meeting her.

 

I found you…but then…you managed to find me…

--

Emma fell asleep against Charoum, and she peeked up Grigori. He seemed to be off in his own little world. For a moment, she thought about how fast it all seemed.

 

She had an ordinary life, until the accident changed everything. Her entire life, gone, replaced with a new one. Sometimes, she missed her mom. The only thing that made up for it was Grigori. He cared about her in a way no one else did.

 

He barely even noticed her missing arm. It didn’t deter him in the least. He loved her how she was, didn’t pressure her to be one thing or another. She had always felt the need to keep up her mature persona around him, in fear he wouldn’t like her otherwise. But when she let herself loosen up a bit, and he was still there, she was completely relaxed.

 

The fact that he was her biological father didn’t faze her. At first, it hurt, but she realized later on that it only hurt because he had hidden it from her. What he had hidden didn’t matter; it was the fact that he hid it.

 

Eventually, she concluded that it was too late for her to think of him as her father. Even though she knew the truth, she had already identified him as her lover, and nothing would change that.

 

It was only now that she realized how lost she would’ve been without him.

 

I’m so glad he found me…

 

And so, they lived out the rest of their lives in France, where, in a sense, is where their story truly began. It was where their feelings for each other emerged, and came together in a beautiful harmony.

 

The villagers never understood, but it didn’t matter. Their love wasn’t something they could have understood anyway.

 

For the rest of their lives, they lived in their castle, having finally found someone to call their own.

 

 

 

END

 



© 2008 Elemiah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

zomg its over? lol
IT WAS A PERFECT LITTLE BABY GIRL with tentacles inside her brain bwahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA! That has to be it! lol
Anyway, wonderful story line. BRAVO, ELEMIAH!!! :D
I will tackle you in joy when i see you next!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 24, 2008
Last Updated on October 24, 2008


Author

Elemiah
Elemiah

Buxton, NC



About
I'm not much of a writer...sometimes I come up with some good stuff, though. My talent lies more in drawing~ Get Your Own! | More Flash Toys more..

Writing
Selfish Selfish

A Story by Elemiah


Lost Lost

A Chapter by Elemiah