Blood and Snow

Blood and Snow

A Chapter by Evil_Angel
"

Sad sad sad.

"
Blood and Snow        


        Christian sat straight up in bed, sweat matted to his forehead even though it was freezing. Another nightmare, what else was new? He shook his head at himself for being such a p***y, hoping Hallie didn�t hear him screaming in his sleep. In fact when he looked to the other side of the bed she was nowhere to be found. Immediately he felt alert and searched the rest of the apartment. It was clear that she had taken off since her stuff was gone too. No wonder he�d had the nightmares, he never did when she was around which meant that she must have left late last night.
        He looked at the little Christmas tree she decorated with his art trying to figure out why she left. Was she coming back? Was she regretting the two nights they spent together? As all the possibilities began rushing through his mind he noticed the watch fastened around his wrist and became baffled. He didn�t remember stealing any watch, and he certainly didn�t own a watch that nice, Hallie must have put it on him before she left.
        It was the most incredible piece of craftsmanship he�d ever seen, so why did she give it to him if she was just going to leave? It made absolutely no sense, it was as complicated as the intricate timepiece ticking away, but somehow the delicate machinery when put together with great effort, it worked beautifully. So why couldn�t they? He wasn�t going to let her go that easy, no matter who would be there to try and stop him.

        He wasn�t a little boy anymore that could be beaten to a pulp by Hallie�s father, he was twenty four years old, and known on the streets as one of the best fighters in East Los Angeles. He knew deep down that if Hallie wanted to stay with David, he couldn�t make her change her mind, no matter how much he knew she loved him. Either way, it would be a pleasure to go at Mr. Edward Harris.


���

�I slept with him, I slept with Christian West,� Hallie repeated for the millionth time to herself in her bathroom mirror. It was still early morning, but all night she had been rehearsing how to come clean to David about everything that happened. He was coming over soon, it was something she needed to just get over with. Admitting that she slept with him surprisingly didn�t feel like that great of a challenge, it would feel good as hell to finally get it off her chest, but what didn�t come so smoothly was telling David that she was now going to have a relationship with Christian. She knew she was getting dumped whether she liked it or not, but how was she going to allow herself to start dating Christian again? It was like she was taking a step backwards, with a man that still dealt drugs, that was still living in the past, and although a lot of it wasn�t his fault she hoped that if she ever did run into him again he�d be a little more, well�successful. Successful like David, who was going to be a lawyer just like his father, and maybe it was completely robotic the way he just followed his parents footsteps, but at least it was something. Was there more to just loving someone than feeling like they were meant to be? Than taking care of each other? Did taking care of each other mean becoming some big fancy lawyer?
        Christian promised he�d stop dealing and he hadn�t. He should have regardless of whether or not they were together, it was yet another broken promise from him, like when he said they�d stay together forever after they ran away. Getting molested by his uncle must have killed him everyday, especially after he had sex with Hallie for the first time, but why couldn�t he just talk to her then, tell her how he was feeling? Instead of ditching her and forcing her to go back home to her parents and admit they were right.

The doorbell chimed throughout the house interrupting her thoughts, and she carefully made her way down the stairs, as if she was going to tumble with the weight of pressure she began feeling. David stood on the porch looking not the least bit cold in his Marc Jacobs black felt pea coat.

�Let�s go up to my bedroom and talk,� Hallie suggested.

�Alright.�

The floorboards creaked as they walked up the stairs in silence.

�I see it snowed this year for you,� he mumbled trying to break the tension around them.

�Yeah, it snowed a lot,� she replied feeling dumb. She opened her bedroom door and they both stood in the dead center of her room.

�Look Hallie, I really want you to know that I�m sorry I haven�t been a good boyfriend. I can be kind of an a*****e sometimes, but I want to work this out with you. We�re good together, we make a great couple,� he stated.

�I�m more of an a*****e,� Hallie said softly.

�No you aren�t, you�ve been an incredible girlfriend, I�m sorry I said that you needed to be better, I don�t know what I was thinking,� David said surprising Hallie by pulling her into an embrace. She knew she had to let go and admit what she did, but the longer she continued hugging him the longer she could avoid telling him. Usually their hugs were brief, it was like this was the first time he held her for more than a minute, and it was kind of nice. It was kind of nice trying to forget that Christian ever came into her life, and just as she thought David was doing the trick to make her forget the mess she was in, she saw the enormous front gate slowly opening outside, with Christian making his way to her front door. Before she could even utter a word she saw her father exit the house angrily approaching him, and with that Hallie tore herself away from David quickly racing downstairs and outside.

�Where are you going?� David called after her, but she was already long gone.

�Dad!� Hallie called, but her father ignored her, his eyes dead set on Christian, who stopped in his tracks when he saw both Hallie and her father.

�Why the f**k are you stopping?� he asked himself. �He�s just a pathetic old man now.�

Hallie�s dad remained a few yards away eyeing him, surprised how huge Christian had grown.

�What the hell are you doing on my property West? I thought I taught you a good enough lesson years ago so you wouldn�t come back on Christmas,� Edward Harris spat.

�It isn�t f*****g Christmas Mr. Harris. I see that the years have made you senile.�

�Well you still look like garbage to me. Get your a*s out of here before I call up your Uncle. You aren�t coming anywhere near my daughter, I can tell you that right now. �

�I already went more than near you�re daughter,� Christian smirked.

Hallie ran beside her father down the long pathway to her gate, and was finally at a distance where she could hear everything.

�You piece of s**t!� her dad rumbled coming after Christian.

�Stop it!� Hallie shrieked trying to hold her father back, but he shoved her out of the way.

David came out just in time to see Mr. Harris charging at Christian, and stood there in shock.

The moment Hallie�s father began coming at him, Christian planned to knock him out instantly and steal Hallie away forever. It would have been so easy, but the second he took a look at her, he couldn�t bring himself to hit her father, and allowed Edward Harris to punch him hard in the mouth. Christian barely flinched, but blood trickled down his lip.

The sixty something year old man punched him repeatedly over and over, as if to take out years of psychotic aggression, which was funny since it should have been the other way around. Christian stood with his hands behind his back so he wouldn�t be tempted to strike back, and took the hits all to his face, beginning to gush with blood.

�What the hell?� Mr. Harris exclaimed at the way Christian didn�t seem phased even when he�d punch him forcefully with his huge wedding band.

�Think I haven�t taken a few hits before?� Christian asked.

�My god, stop!� Hallie cried trying to pull her father off but continually kept getting pushed out of the way. David still stood like a dope in awe of what was happening.

�Christian why are you doing this?� she demanded.

�I knew I could come here and beat the s**t out of your dad, and take you with me� Christian panted through punch after punch, � But since he�s your dad I can�t.�

�Please stop,� she begged.

Christian finally moved out of the way of being hit anymore, and hunched over trying to remain standing.

Edward was out of breath from using Christian as punching bag and collapsed to the ground.

�I guess this is the s**t I�m willing to go through for you,� Christian matter-of-factly replied spreading his arms as if he was ready to take more.

Even through the redness he could see crystal tears falling out of Hallie�s eyes.

�I�ve been going through this since I was a kid Hallie, since my Uncle. I wasn�t stupid, I could have told someone about it, but I didn�t want to be taken away from you. When someone finally caught him kicking my a*s that�s when he was arrested, that�s when I got put in that foster home in New York when I was thirteen, but I came back for you, remember?� he said clearly even through his injuries.

Hallie nodded tearfully, now feeling responsible for why his uncle had been torturing him for so long. At that point she knew she didn�t deserve him. She�d been so stupid, and selfish, even now, he deserved someone better.

�I�d do anything for you, I have loved you my entire life, I never stopped,� he continued.

David finally approached Hallie�s side, almost looking sorry for Christian.

�Why don�t you get out of here man? Haven�t you had enough? You�re relationship with her is over, you need to move on,� David said calmly.

�Is that true Hallie?� Christian squinted through his swollen eyes.

All the words he said blew all the doubts she had of him out the window, and she realized all of those were just excuses not to be with him. But why? Why would she make excuses not to be with him when she had just spent the most enjoyable time of her life with him? Looking at him in his state of suffering she knew why, and extended her hand lightly stroking his cheek getting blood on her fingertips. It was because she couldn�t bear to see him go through anymore, he had gone through enough with his uncle, and now here he was, the most aggressive person she knew, just standing there talking hits from a sixty year old man. He deserved the loving family that he�d been missing all these years, even if it had to be another girls parents, and he deserved a loving girlfriend, not one that led him on because of her own confusion.

�Just tell me if it�s true. Tell me that it�s over,�

Hallie looked at her father who was still sitting on the ground glaring up at her, and at David towering over her impatiently waiting for an answer.

�It�s over,� she whispered taking her hand away. She tried to keep the rest of her body in tact as she felt her heart completely shatter.

For the first time during the entire encounter he looked pained.

�You heard her, she doesn�t love you, you were just some silly phase in her teenage years now go back to your slum life,� her father hollered.

�This belongs to you then,� Christian said tearing the watch off his wrist and tossing it to David who barely caught it. He looked from Christian to Hallie, then back at Christian again confused.

�She�ll explain it all to you David, but just know that when she says she loves you it�s all bullshit, she doesn�t know what she wants.�

Hallie sobbed into her hands never feeling more ashamed of herself.

Christian stumbled down the pathway out of the Harris estate spitting blood into the white snow.

�Oh and when you change your mind don�t try coming around, I won�t be there anymore,� Christian yelled over the stone wall to her.

Hallie wiped the flood of tears off her face, knowing that he would always be with her, no matter where he was.





© 2008 Evil_Angel


Author's Note

Evil_Angel
I think some parts of it are too corny...need to work on the last line I think its gay lolz. Written at 4 am! I was so inspired by this song i kept listening to it over and over as i wrote :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i never liked this girl Halle,i think she is more disturbed than all around her ,i even sometimes get angry at the way she behave ,i have said before she is playing with the poor kid and he does not deserve that,he surely deserve be treated better than that ,its time for him to stand his ways and reject her forever,itsnicely written but the events makes me angry at that girl,moayad

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

ohhh you kinda took my advice..... but the dad got to do the beating hahaha..... so wait if hes like 60 and shes like 20 he was like 40....... when he laid it down hahahaha or something like that anyway i still enjoyed it........ maybe her mom is like 45 hahaha nice write

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am shocked... horrified... I read this chapter assuming we were going to have a happy ending, where Hallie and Christian would live in their lighthouse happily ever after; but then, tragic romance has so much more intensity than happy-ever-after... doesn't it?

I thought the last line was OK.. not at all corny. Excellent chapter, even if...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i never liked this girl Halle,i think she is more disturbed than all around her ,i even sometimes get angry at the way she behave ,i have said before she is playing with the poor kid and he does not deserve that,he surely deserve be treated better than that ,its time for him to stand his ways and reject her forever,itsnicely written but the events makes me angry at that girl,moayad

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I liked it. The last line was kinda bleh...but its still awesome for what you have now.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nothing corny or gay about it. Another great chapter. Hope this continues.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WHAT??!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!?? aww man, I can't believe you did that, grrrr!

(sigh) I'm mad now lol...

she ws soooo close!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's not gay. It's fine how it is.

And awww :( YOU BETTER FIX IT ( it being christian's heart)or im comin at you with a giant baseball bat

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1040 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 20, 2008


Author

Evil_Angel
Evil_Angel

San Diego, CA



About
Sunset Fire is #2 most read book on here! Woot! Lets101 Quizzes - Blog Quiz Which Disney Princess Are You?AuroraYou're a tired old thing aren`t you? We first came under Aurora`s spell in Sleep.. more..

Writing
Happy Birthday Happy Birthday

A Chapter by Evil_Angel


Long Gone Long Gone

A Book by Evil_Angel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..