Sunset and Snowfall

Sunset and Snowfall

A Chapter by Evil_Angel
"

Ahh this one was my favorite one to write. I'd rather not describe it you have to read for yourself. :)

"

Christian kept picking up the crack pipe and putting it back down. It was his ritual to get extra high on the holidays, it got him through them much quicker, but ever since Hallie hit him across the face for doing drugs, he�d been clean ever since. He hated thinking that she might have knocked some sense into him, but that seemed to be the case. After beating David�s a*s, kissing Hallie, and moving back into their old place, he knew he needed to take a break from getting high and just face himself for a little bit. The only thing he was really addicted to were his cigarettes. He found that his body never really craved the drugs, he just needed to get away sometimes, but something extraordinary had happened last month.

Hallie kissed him even after she found out Christian had been raped as a kid. It was so strange that it hadn�t made the slightest difference to her. He never thought a girl would look at him the same after hearing that. Or want to kiss him for that matter, especially a princess like Hallie Harris.

As dramatic as it had all been running into her, staying at her place, then running into David, the short time he had with Hallie had really turned him around for the better.

But now here he was, on Thanksgiving, his weakness along with Christmas. He was jealous of the world on those days, and of everyone who went to go celebrate it with their families. His friends would take pity on him every year and invite him along, but he tried that once and being so left out was worse than being alone. It was only one stupid day but he just needed something to get him through it, just a quick fix which is why he brought the cocaine just incase.

A knock on the door made him drop the glass pipe and almost break it. Who the hell would be coming to his house right now? He didn�t really know anyone in the neighborhood. Suspicious he looked through the peephole of the door to see a nicely dressed girl standing outside holding something. Then he recognized the long honey colored curls spiraling down the girls waist. It was the girl he had permanently branded onto his chest, the girl who almost became his wife, Hallie Harris.

�Is anyone there?� Christian heard her feminine voice call on the other end. He blinked at the distorted image of her through the peephole. Without answering, he unlatched the lock and opened the door. Seeing her actually standing in front of him made him speechless.

The sight of Christian West shirtless also put Hallie at a loss for words.

Christian�s dark red lips slightly parted in bewilderment. What in the hell was she doing here?

Hallie finally came back to earth from looking at Christian�s body and explained herself.

�I went to Derek�s house, he told me you�d be here,� Hallie said suddenly feeling timid.

�Ok�well what are you here for?� Christian asked narrowing his piercing blue eyes into hers.

�I wanted to apologize for everything. It�s Thanksgiving, and I just thought I�d bring you some food I made,� Hallie said nervously. She felt herself beginning to perspire. Why was it so nerve racking just dropping off food?

�Does David know you�re here?� Christian inquired.

�Nobody knows except Derek. Can I just�come in and set this down real quick?� Hallie asked trying to catch her breath as she inched by his bare chest into the apartment.

�What is that?� Christian pointed to the foil wrapped container.

� I made this Cranberry Marshmallow cheesecake and took some cinnamon rolls too,� she said unwrapping the foil and setting it down on his little table.

�Wow, you really didn�t have to,� Christian said anxiously. He looked at Hallie like a little boy waiting for permission to start eating.

�You can go ahead,� she motioned trying to not to notice how adorable he was.

He took out a fork from the drawer and took a slice of the cake slowly placing it into his mouth. His blue-green eyes grew huge with excitement like he hadn�t eaten in ages.

�Mmmm oh my god,� Christian said with his mouth full. He had to take a breath before he took another bite.

Hallie laughed for the first time that day. It was always entertaining watching him eat.

He chewed the next bite slowly in his mouth savoring it until there was no more.

�Wow�, Christian repeated. �You made this?�

Hallie nodded.

�You�re incredible. I mean this is the best dessert--- no the best food I�ve ever tasted!� Christian declared.

�Thank you,� Hallie blushed.

�I mean, I haven�t tasted that much gourmet food in my life, but I know it�s the best.�

�Well I�m glad someone liked it,� Hallie replied.

�Who in the hell wouldn�t like it?� Christian exclaimed.

�The people I cooked it for.�

�Well whoever it is they�re stupid,� Christian frowned seeing that Hallie was deeply hurt about something. He threw his motorcycle helmet off the small beat up couch, the only furniture in the apartment, and motioned for Hallie to sit down. He observed her carefully wondering why she had come all the way to Old Folsom just to bring him food.

�So what exactly happened?� Christian asked delicately nibbling on a cinnamon roll.

�It�s a long story, I just put so much effort into doing something, and no one really liked it I guess,� Hallie sighed playing with the threads on the falling apart couch.

�Not even David?�

Hallie was surprised how calm he was talking about a guy he punched less than a month ago.

�It�s not your fault, but yeah, he�s hardly talked to me all month. And I think he wants to date other people I�m not even sure,� Hallie went on.

Christian suddenly dropped the dessert making a mess all over himself. �Oh f**k! Hold on I�ll be right back,� he exclaimed heading to the bathroom.

Hallie went to the sink and paper toweled the rest off the floor.

�I never got to say sorry that I beat him up� Christian called from the bathroom.

Hallie threw away the paper towels and walked over to the bathroom. The door was slightly open revealing Christian dousing sink water across his gorgeous head of hair. His giant shoulder blades looked like spread wings as he washed the mess off his body.

Hallie couldn�t stop herself from staring.

Christian gasped when he caught a glimpse of Hallie�s reflection in the mirror. Wide-eyed he sharply turned around, becoming conscious of the ink portrait of her.

�I�m sorry I scared you,� Hallie said feeling herself tremble.

�I just didn�t know you were standing there. Are you alright?� he asked slowly placing a hand on top of her shoulder.

�Yes,� Hallie breathed. She felt her face turning warm.

He took his hand away and clenched it into a fist. �I could feel your heart beating when I touched you.�

�I should get going,� Hallie said brushing past him. She walked back out into the living room to get her purse.

�Wait hold on!�

�It was so silly of me to come here, I guess I just wanted to see you, see the old place. It�s just a little bit overwhelming,� Hallie admitted.

�Forget all that. Before you go do you want to see something cool?�

�I don�t know what is it?�

Christian walked to the end of his flat and stood in front of the wide window with a surprisingly breathtaking view outside. �Look, over here,� he was pointing at something specifically.

�What are we looking at?�

�Damn you can barely see it because the sun is going down, but it�s this old abandoned insane asylum, it�s pretty awesome.�

Hallie could see a jagged building in the distance but it was too far to see the rest of it.

�A lot of people went nuts during the gold mining era, and that is where they�d put them.� Christian continued. �I always thought it just looked cool.�

�Why did they go nuts?�

�Mostly greed. A lot of wives would lose their husbands in gold mining accidents and lose their minds. This old guy that lives here told me all about it.�

�Why did you move back here anyway?� Hallie questioned.

�I needed to do what you said. I needed to change,� Christian said staring into the red-orange glare of the sunset

�What do you mean?�

�I gotta stop the drugs,� Christian said shaking his head. �I don�t know, it�s just when I talked to you that one night, you made me realize I just have to face everything, and be a man about it. My whole life I�ve been trying to hide, and forget. It will just feel better to move on from my past, if I can do it.�

�Christian I know you can, and you don�t need drugs to do that, but I don�t understand, why did you move back here of all places?�

He wanted to say the truth so badly, the words were on the tip of his tongue but he knew he was forbidden. He wanted to tell her because a long time ago she saved his life, in fact over and over throughout his childhood. He wanted to say that Hallie Harris was the only one that ever got him through unbearable times, and simply being in the house where they almost started a life made him want to be better. She was his angel, and there was no way to put that into words without crossing the line of friendship.

        He knew it was his fault that David was so angry with her, and seeing how stressed out she was over the situation made him not want to complicate things for her any further.

�You�re boyfriend and you�re family are probably wondering where you are,� Christian said instead.

�Probably not, but you�re right I should go,� Hallie replied wondering why he wouldn�t answer the question.

His heart dropped knowing he was about to be alone again.

�Well if I�m ever around I�ll have to look at that insane asylum sometime,� Hallie said walking for the door.

�The sun isn�t down yet. Do you want to see it now?� Christian asked quickly.

�I thought you said---�

�No wait ok, you have to go,� he said changing his mind again.

�Christian if you want me to stay a little longer just say so,� she said sensing the loneliness in his voice. �Lets go, I have a little time to spare.�

�Are you sure?�

�Yes come on already!� Hallie said picking up her coat off the couch.

�Alright we�ll take the bike,� Christian stated.

�The bike? Do you mean the motorcycle?� Hallie questioned with a hint of fear in her voice.

�You�re not scared are you?� Christian teased cockily raising an eyebrow.

�No! I just haven�t been on a motorcycle in�a really long time,� Hallie said referring to the times in high school she�d ride with Christian.

His face grew more serious and he walked over to her only standing inches apart. She tilted her head upwards to meet his eyes, feeling completely helpless while he towered over her.

�I would die before I let anything happen to you,� Christian said solemnly.

Being that close made Hallie feel extremely uncomfortable, uncomfortable in the sense that she wanted to wrap her arms around his muscular shoulders and kiss him for saying those words. �The sun is going to be going down soon,� Hallie finally answered making her way out the door.

Christian followed her downstairs out to the street where his motorcycle was parked.

Hallie tried lady like as possible to climb aboard the bike while wearing a dress. Christian helped fasten the extra helmet onto her head then put on his own. He revved up the engine and before pulling out onto the street he looked behind him at Hallie who looked like she was about to pee her pants.

�We haven�t even started going yet!� Christian yelled over the loud engine.

�Ok well I lied! I am scared!�

�I told you I�m not going to let anything happen to you!� Christian shouted. �Just hold onto me,� he reached behind him grabbing Hallie�s hands and wrapped them around his waist.

As they rode on she felt less scared holding onto him and became naturally tempted to lean her face against his sturdy back. Touching Christian was like having the scent of a gourmet meal enter her senses. Smelling how good it was would make her stomach growl, and torture her until she was able to devour it, enjoy it for what it really was. But this wasn�t just food, it was a man, her ex-man for that matter. She controlled herself and allowed the chilling wind from the motorcycle ride to calm her feverish thoughts.

The bike slowed down and they pulled into an abandoned lot with overgrown flowers and plants nearly covering their destination. The desolate wooden building was three stories high and had graffiti all over the sides. The gabled roofs pointed sharply towards the sky. It looked like it might have been a serene place a long time ago, but the age and emptiness made it purely creepy.

�Well here it is,� Christian said getting off his bike then helping Hallie down.

Hallie looked up at the old place and suddenly felt a sadness for all of the people who must have died there.

�Isn�t it cool?� Christian asked excitedly.

�I take it you�ve been here before?�

�Just a couple times. I go here, and I can�t imagine what it must be like to be crazy. I mean just lose your f*****g mind, I don�t get how that happens,� Christian said eyeing the building thoughtfully.

�If you suffer a great loss then it can happen easily,� Hallie replied.

�Yeah maybe,� But I lost my parents and I didn�t go crazy. Not too crazy at least.� Christian remarked softly.

�No, I think people go more crazy over losing love, like their true loves. Don�t you?� Hallie asked suddenly realizing the awkwardness of her inquiry.

�Losing love was much worse,� Christian said shifting his glance from the building over to Hallie.


Hallie had to ask herself if he was really saying that losing her was worse than losing his own parents.


�It doesn�t always get lost,� Hallie replied. She felt herself drawn to him just as the sun was drawn so quickly to the horizon. She began moving closer and he gazed upon her cautiously.

He felt the sense of her wanting to kiss him again and he responsibly stopped her before she could come within distance from doing it.

�This�isn�t right,� he stammered. �You�re with David, you can�t do this to yourself again.�

�I don�t know if he�s even with me anymore. He�s hardly said a word to me in a month.�

�That�s my fault though, and it�s your fault too!�

�How is it my fault?�

�For being here,� he said lightly tracing the contours of her face with his fingertips. He was unable to stop himself now that he touched her. His slender hands ran across her soft cheek, then along the arch of her shapely eyebrows. He was touching all of the years he�d been painting, drawing, sculpting, and dreaming of her every night since he left her, and this was much better because the real thing was now standing in front of him. Even if David was there at this very instant, Christian couldn�t stop himself from touching her.

Hallie savored it by closing her eyes at his delicate touch. Once she felt his fingers on her lips she opened her mouth around them, sucking, and tasting them. The licking turned into gentle kisses up his palms, his arms. She opened her eyes and found herself grabbing hold of the back of his head, and mimicked what she did to his fingers onto those full lips.

At first it turned him on the way Hallie just sucked on his fingers like that, it made him literally go weak in the knees, and as meaningful as it was kissing the little girl on the lips he kissed and loved so many years ago, he knew it was wrong. He knew that was what got her in trouble in the first place. The angel that saved his life countless times wasn�t about to pay for his selfishness.

�You have to stop,� Christian breathed grabbing her face in mid-kiss and turning it away from his.

�I don�t want to!�

�S**t Hallie, you are still technically with David. And as much as I f*****g hate the guy this isn�t what you should be doing,� Christian said sliding her hand off the back of his neck.

Hallie backed away leaning on a pillar to the entrance of the crumbling old building not believing what she had just done. �I�m so embarrassed, I don�t know why I did that. I really shouldn�t have come here.�

�Why did you come see me in the first place?�

�Just like you I don�t really have anyone on the holidays. You know how my parents are, and then David�s been giving me the cold shoulder, I think I just wanted to see someone who appreciated me.�

Christian realized for the first time that he and Hallie had more in common than they thought. While Christian literally had no family because they were dead, Hallie had a mansion full of people that basically didn�t give a damn about her, and that meant she had no family either.

�I�m honestly not trying to change the subject but I think it�s snowing!� Hallie said excitedly looking up at the sky.

�I forgot how beautiful it is here,� Hallie continued, starting to shiver since she was only wearing a silk dress with a knee length trench coat. Goosebumps spread up and down her bare legs.

Christian immediately saw this and came to her side. �You must be freezing, here.� He took off his own jacket and draped it around her.

�Are you sure you want to give me this? You might forget it and have to come back,� Hallie said jokingly referring to Halloween night.

�After what happened last time I don�t think I�ll forget,� Christian laughed. �Come on lets go home--- I mean you need to go home.�

Hallie ignored the odd statement simply wanting to get back in her car and split. She was so embarrassed for what happened, how she licked his fingers, made out with him, what the hell was she thinking? Was it like Christian said? Had she technically cheated on David?

They got back on the bike and rode for what seemed like forever. She knew the first day of winter wasn�t until late December, but with the end of Thanksgiving day approaching it seemed like it was time to say goodbye to fall, and to Christian.

Once they pulled onto the side of the street Christian let Hallie off at her car. He removed the helmet from Hallie�s head and delicately smoothed out her hair for her.

�Well I guess this is goodbye,� he said as his dark gold hair fell across his pale face when he removed his own helmet.

Hallie was about to unlock her car door when she realized she didn�t have her keys, or purse. �Oh my god I forgot everything upstairs!� without thinking she ran off towards Christian�s loft forgetting that he had to open it for her. She ran up the three flights of stairs collapsing at his door out of breath. She sat on the foot of the stairs waiting for him to come up.

As he came up the stairs the first thing he saw were her long tanned legs, one crossed over the other. He came up and saw more and more of her, and when he finally reached the top he lfelt as if he had just climbed a mountain and was now getting the pleasure of looking at the spectacular view down below.

�I can�t get in, it�s locked,� Hallie said light-headedly as she stood up.

Christian quickly reached around her and unlocked the door. It swung open and they simply stood there still staring at each other.

�It�s not anymore,�

Forgetting David, forgetting the responsibility of fidelity, and remembering the past that had never really left, Christian picked Hallie up off the dirty floor, holding her up so that she was above him. Hallie began what she started back at the insane asylum by taking his face in her hands and kissing him harder than she ever kissed anyone. She wrapped her legs tighter around his waist to balance herself and before she knew it they were on his bed making out, ripping each others clothes off.

        In the blur of removing his shirt the tattoo on his chest put her passion at a halt.

�This is me isn�t it?� she whispered placing her hand over his wildly beating heart.

He nodded grasping her hand and pressing it tightly against his chest.

Without anymore talking they continued to kiss, embrace and love each other again while the snow fell outside.


© 2008 Evil_Angel


Author's Note

Evil_Angel
Still needs some work, I have a tendency to repeat words throughout chapters lol. I also have to go back and change a few things in previous chapters because this is supposed to be the first time they really kiss. This is a lot longer than my other past ones lol but deal with it! :) I'm gonna be cocky and say the plot doesn't really need any corrections.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well done!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can't wait to read more.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like it. It is not even the type of story I would normally read or take a second glance at. Great Job

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow love it

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ohh no no no.. dont' change a thing!! story wise.. lol. I'm not the person to correct grammar.. yeah I did place 3 in district Literary rally for english one.. but I'm not expert... excellent job once again.
man I wish I could write like you..
thanks for the read!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

yeah that chapter was pretty good........

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1052 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 5, 2008


Author

Evil_Angel
Evil_Angel

San Diego, CA



About
Sunset Fire is #2 most read book on here! Woot! Lets101 Quizzes - Blog Quiz Which Disney Princess Are You?AuroraYou're a tired old thing aren`t you? We first came under Aurora`s spell in Sleep.. more..

Writing
Happy Birthday Happy Birthday

A Chapter by Evil_Angel


Long Gone Long Gone

A Book by Evil_Angel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Our Lives.. Our Lives..

A Poem by Rain