Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by SpiritWolf

Chapter 8: The Cold-heart Past Revealed

There were quietness until two sword made a noise. Horses breathing hard as they come together with their owner.

“Come on Tamara”, Blaze yelled.

Tamara pull her horse around to face her opponent. Hazel. Tamara grab on to her wooden sword and urges her horse forward. Hazel race to meet her. Another swords made contact, but this time as Tamara pull her sword back, she started the FrenzieFlip. As she landed, the horse stop running and trouted back to her. Hazel did the same thing. The battle continue on ground along with the horses.

At first no one made a move, until hazel did the Icespark. Tamara uses the defense tectonic called the Iron Thrust to block the attack. It was a hard battle to win, but with the others cheering for Tamara and Hazel, they tried to push each other down. I’m losing strength. I have to stop this now but with what skills, Tamara thought.

“They were both equally strong but one must put an end to this”,song said.

Tamara attack first using the Deaths Are, trying to knock hazel off but then striking with a Countercut. Hazel manage to block the shot with a move that Tamara never seen. Tamara landed, glaring at hazel. They both waited a minute before going again.

Hazel started to stand up but put her sword to the left side, waiting for Tamara to get up. No, not the Deathfireblow, Tamara thought. Tamara got up and get into the same position. There was no sound other than hazel and Tamara’s horses fighting. Tamara can see hazel movement. She going for the sword to block it, Tamara thought. Hazel made the move quickly as she can but Tamara manage to get going after that time.They both draw their sword, ready to hit but Tamara jump up suddenly.

“The CounterIceDeath”,Tamara said as she knock hazel with her knee. They both stumble down, but Tamara manage to put her sword on hazel throat. Breathing hard, Tamara smiled.

“Look like I won this one”,Tamara said.

They both look over at the horses that are fighting, but Tamara’s horse managed to knock Hazel’s horse down with the Icerip. Everyone laughed as Tamara got up. By now they both tired and hurting. The others were cheering Tamara and mocking Hazel.

“Man that was a fight!”,Shadow said.

It’s the day when the gathering of the tribe goes to the Enchanted Cavern. The girls wanted to battle to practice their moves in case they meet any nasty predators. Tamara can see that everyone was nervous, but excited at the same time. The image of seeing starlight started to go in her head. Why am I thinking about that stupid horse, Tamara thought.

“Hey Tamara, what’s wrong?”, song said.

“Huh?”,Tamara said blinking the vision away.

Everyone was looking at Tamara. Some looked a little afraid. Tamara glanced at hazel. They are all worried about me, but why, Tamara thought.

“It bothers me to see that we are going to meet the stallion again. After we told them to go away, they still want us. What for?”, Tamara said.

“It is a tradition when the master of the stallions died they disappear and once they find the right heart they reappear, but I don’t know why”,Blaze said.

“Who was their last master?”,Tamara asked.

“I don’t know”,Blaze said.

“I’ll ask one of the stallions the question”,Song said.

Tamara wondered about the question halfway home. When she got to the waterfall, her mind came to Grace. Stopping her horse, Tamara went to  climb the waterfall. By the time she got to the top, the sun was above her. She looked out at the castle that was burned. Even if she was far away, she could see some of the soldiers guarding the castle.

Tamara remembered the time when the kingdom had a big festival for winning a war that she didn’t know about. But her spirit was lit up with happiness that her kingdom won a war. But when people turned to look at her, her happiness was gone. She felt scared and alone when the people started to talk about her.

No matter what Tamara did to get her kingdom to like her, no one cared about her. Not even her parents or grace. Anger flew over her, that when she quit doing everything to be nice. That when she did something that she never wanted to do.

“Hey Abigail, you know that you won’t get past the defense by going head-on”, her mentor said.

“Well what am I supposed to do. You never train me like the others so i’m trying to do what I know”, Tamara said.

Tamara rushed through the defense with her sword, knocking down everyone. She was only 10 years old. Everyone who got hurt went crying to their mother. Some went to try to hit her, but they got pushed down harder than before.

“Mommy she is so mean”, a boy said to his mother.

Everyone hated her doing that. But Tamara stopped being nice to them. She gave them a cold-hearted stare.

“That’s enough. Me and you now”,her mentor said, “and this time with a real sword.”

Everyone left and the battle went on. After fighting her mentor, she was bleeding badly.

“You see, that what you get for messing with my student”,mentor said.

Tamara close her eyes, trying not to take in what he said. Am I not one of your students, Tamara thought. Her anger rushed over her. Her mentor reached down and said, “Now don’t let me see you hurting another one of my students, little girl.” His word were as cold as ice when he smiled.

She couldn’t hold it much longer. She grabbed her sword and pushed it inside her mentor’s stomach.

“I am not a little girl. I am not going to let anyone mess with me”,Tamara said coldly.

Her mentor gasped for air, losing blood. He coughed blood on Tamara’s face. Tamara pulled out the sword and watched him fall down. After a few minutes, his body would not move. That’s when Tamara realized what she had done.

After 3 years of punishment she never changed. That memory had a place in her heart that she will never forget. Tamara look at the castle one last time and jump into the water. She swam to the bank and get on her horse. The blue light started to appear again. This time more bluer than before.

As she watch she kept her hand on her sword. When the light stop, she turn her horse around and found a women alone. The women had a paint mark. She also had on a warrior suit, but Tamara never seen her before. She look like one of those wolves I saw two days ago,Tamara thought.

“Don’t be afraid Tamara”, the woman said.

Tamara got off her horse and did a hand signal to the horse. Stand to the side so I can get on quick, Tamara thought. The horse obediently did what Tamar said. She put her hand on her sword and get into defense position.

“Don’t be afraid, Tamara”,the woman repeated.

“Who are you and why are you following me”,Tamara said.

The women just stare at Tamara, trying to get something.

“If you are not going to speak then i’m leaving”,tamara said.

When she got on her horse the woman was sitting down. Her eye was close as she was contastrating on something. Tamara glare at her and then she turn her horse to head home. Jezz. What a mysterious person, tamara thought. Now let get going.

By the time she got to her tribe, her father was ordering the soldiers to be prepare for the march. She saw kai talking to the other soldiers. Some of the elders smiled and wave at Tamara when she pass by them. She head back to see her mother and father talking.

“Hey I’m home”,Tamara said.

They turn around and smiled at her. It been three day since they found out that Tamara was their daughter. They have been caring for her ever since like treating cuts and bruises.

“Hey Tamara are you ready to go to the Enchanted Cavern”, her father said.

Tamara nodded and climb a apple tree to get an apple. She grab one of the branches and hang upside down, looking at her parent. They smiled and laugh at her.

“You know i’m ready for anything”,Tamara said taking a bite of the apple.

When they hit the trail, Tamara and kai decided to stay behind for a race. By the time they manage to get to the open area to meet the other tribe, tamara won the race by a hair.

“Haha I won”,Tamara said mocking kai. Some of the soldiers laugh at kai knowing kai was going easy on tamara.

“TAMARA!! WHERE ARE YOU”,Hazel voice said.

Tamara turn around to see hazel running up to tamara in a angry way. The other girls was looking this way. Uh Oh, tamara thought. Before she knew it, she was on the ground with Hazel on top of her.

“Now I know why they call you a animal”,Tamara said.

“Where were you? We been waiting for you for an hour for the race can even start”,Hazel said.

The others came up with their horses. Some was smiling and others was mad at Tamara.

“Okay,I’m sorry”,Tamara said.

Before anyone can say anything else, the trumpet fill the air. It was the sound of telling everyone that the sun is setting. Everyone seem to be focus on the forest the girls will be in. “Alright let get this thing started. Are all the girls ready”, said scar. Everyone nodded. “Now you must stay in this forest for three days and you must have a partner. Since there are five one group will have three”,said another leader.

Tamara and hazel team up. Blaze and Song team up with Shadows. They all step out ready to go. Tamara look behind to see scar and light eye looking at her, smiling. I won’t let them down, I can do this, tamara thought.

“Let do this”,blaze said.

“Together”,Shadow said.



© 2018 SpiritWolf


Author's Note

SpiritWolf
sorry for keeping you waiting i will publish chapter 9 when i am done

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on March 7, 2018
Last Updated on March 7, 2018