Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by SpiritWolf

Running at night, Breathing hard. Tamara look behind to see the tiger chasing after her. That right, come to my trap,tamara thought. Tamara sense the air for hazel. Close. Very Close.

“Now”,Hazel voice said.

Tamara jump as high as she could to get to a branch. The tiger trip over a line. Stumbling down, the tiger fell in the hidden net. Hazel cut the ropes in time and up the tiger came with the trap. Tamara smiled and Hazel laugh.

“We did it”,Hazel said.

“Yeah and next time you will be the bait”,Tamara said.

It been two days since the survival started. Tamara and Hazel decided to go to the waterfall. Every night they be trying to hunt. Tomorrow is the last day. There has been no sign of the stallions yet.

“Come on, I’ll get the fire going”, Hazel said.

Tamara grab her bow ready to shoot it. She look at the tiger, fighting to escape. Tamara close her eye, imagine her life.

“One”,Tamara said.

She let go of the arrow knowing that she hit the tiger. Her eye still close, she can’t hear the tiger. Opening her eye saw the blood dripping down.

“Goodbye Tiger”,Tamara whisper.

The next day, they all set out to go find the horses who are supposed to find them. As they climb the tree, they heard voices coming from the south. Hazel climb to the first branch and Tamara climb to the second one. With the bow ready, Tamara saw Blaze, then Song, then Shadow coming to the tree.

“Hey come on. We need to find those stupid horses that are supposed to see us”,Blaze said.

Tamara look at hazel and nodded. They were both think of the same thing. They grab their knife, ready to scared them. 3…….they are looking around. 2…...song look a little scared. 1…… release the knife.

“Ahhhh”, Song and shadow said at the same time. Blaze step back when another knife land near her.

The all look up at the tree to see tamara and hazel laughing. Shadow climb up quick before they could make another move. Thunder roll before anyone else can move. Tamara climb higher, until she was at the top. Looking out to the east, she saw dark cloud coming her way.

Without thinking about the others, she climb down to jump to another tree. Hazel tried to call her, but her voice faded away before it could finish. Why am I running away,tamara thought.

The rain fell hard, tamara could barely see anything. Everytime she jump to another tree, she was about to slip down. She stop before taking another jump. She tried to listen to a sound other than rain dropping harder. She look at the branch she hoping to get to, but with the rain dropping down harder than ever, she can’t see how far it is.

She back up an inch, she need to use her strength to get to the next branch. With one leap, she jump with all her strength. She gasp as she realized that she not going to make it. At this height, she would kill herself.

“No”, she yelled.

With the thunder rolling louder, she close her eye. Why now, Tamara thought. A familiar sound was loud, Tamara felt a horse catching her in the mid air. She open her eye as she landed with the horse. She recognize it immediately. Dark brown body with white mane and tail, a wolf mark on it forehead.

“Starlight”,Tamara gasp.

“I told you that I would meet you later”,the horse said, “Stay on, we are going for a crazy ride.”

Starlight rare up, neigh loud while shaking his mane. Once he set his hoof down, they were gone in a second. The rain blows hard, but starlight knew where he was going. By the time they slow down, the rain stop.

“Where are we going”,Tamara said.

Starlight did not answer, but walk through the wood until they came across a cave. The cave look dark, tamara look at her surrounding, but she never been here before. Starlight stop and look at the other side of the cave. Four more horses showed up with riders.

“Blaze, Song, Hazel and Shadow what are you doing here”, Tamara said.

“The Stallion found us, we went our separate ways to lose them, but with the rain there was no escape”,song said.

Starlight went into the cave and the others follow behind. There were five separate cave. Tamara look at the others and nodded. They had to go to one of them. Starlight went into the middle one.

It was dark, but when the light shine at the other end she notice she was going into a room. Blue light flashes everywhere just like when all the animal turn into humans. Starlight was still a animal though.

“When you were young, you use to have the power to speak to animal and turn into an animal. But when the lion kingdom took you away, you couldn’t have the power anymore”,starlight said.

“What with all the blue thing”,Tamara said.

“They are known as Blue-Star Ritual. It a magic power to you only”,starlight explain, “My old master has the magic. She must have given it to you.”

“Wait. Your old master was a girl”,Tamara said.

“Yes. She was your mother”, starlight said.

Tamara gasp. What? Her mind couldn’t think anymore. Mother? I thought lighteye was my mother, tamara thought. Tamara couldn’t stand up anymore. She len on a wall and went down to the floor.

“So Scar didn’t tell you”,Starlight asked, “Lighteye was never your mother. Your mother died when the lion kingdom took you away.”

“How”, Tamara said.

“Your mother fought against the king. They fought hard, but when the king was down, your mother fought against ten soldiers. She called all the animal together and they fought hard against the soldiers. Your mother was caught off guard. The king strike her then and she died. It was a very close battle. With the fire burning so wildly, she was loosing strength.”

As starlight explain what happen, tamara tried to remember that night. Her eye started to water up. Once starlight finish, tamara was crying. The Blue-Star Ritual glow brighter than ever.

“I know about you past tamara. The one with your mentor died”,Starlight said.

Tamara gave starlight a cold glare. “What do you know about the kill, about me being hate at all the time”, tamara said, half yelling, half crying, “you don’t know what it was like when you have to walk along with the crowd when you know that they are talking about you. When you tried your best to get them to like you.”

“I do, cause I use to be a humans before I was chosen to be the Star-Night stallion. I wasn’t a warrior yet when a elderly stallion came to the warrior place to find the next stallion. People use to talk bad about me cause I couldn’t do anything. I was just training to become a warrior when all the warrior and warrior trainers went to the stallion”,starlight said, “One by one he pass by them with even stopping to look at them. I was getting water for the stallion when he stop to look at me. I saw the blue magic when the stallion turn into a elderly human. He told everyone that he found what he was looking for. That when I became a Star-Night stallion.”

Silent was between them for a moment until tamara spoke, “What do you want from me?”

Starlight didn’t answer but instead he walk to tamara. He lower his head and close his eye. Tamara can see he is searching her heart. When he open his eye, the eye color change from black to blue.

“I want you as my master”,starlight said, “there is a connection between me and you.”

The blue light glow brighter while they have lock eye contact. Something was happening at the corner of tamara eye. The horse cot was changing color. Dark brown into light blue into dark blue same color as the Blue-Star Ritual. The mane is still white, but then tamara can feel herself changing. By the time they look away, tamara can feel a strange weight on her.

“You look different”,starlight said, “Look into the water over there.”

When Tamara look into the water, she gasp in amaze to see her uniform in blue and her hair in with blue with a white marking on the side of it. Her forehead has a wolf marking symbol. Whoa this must a new me, tamara thought.

“Let go before the sun goes down”,starlight said.

Once they were out of there, hazel and the others was waiting one them. They change too. Hazel hair is black with a fire marking on her forehead. Blaze hair is brown with a circle marking on her forehead. Shadow hair is red with a arrow marking on her forehead. Song hair is white with a snowflake marking on her forehead. The horses change too.

“Meet the others. Flash, Lighting, Snowflake, and Midnight. These are the four legendary horses just like me”,starlight said.

“Let go”,hazel said.

Everyone race alongside of each other, but Tamara is in the front. By the time they all got to the end of the forest, everyone is already looking for them. Tamara look at the others and found them changing back into themselves.

“When you are with a person who are not immortal, you will change back into mortal person”, starlight said.

“Immortal”,Everyone said at the same time.

“Yes and special power you have not yet open”,starlight said, “Now let go.”

When they show themselves to their people, everyone cheered for them. Tamara was surrounded by her warrior by the time she got off of horse. They were all cheering for her, but one thing that caught her eye was her father. He was whispering something in light eye’s ear. She upset.

He must have said that i look a lot like my real mother, tamara thought.

“Hey tamara why don’t we go riding someday”,one of the warrior asked.

“Yeah let see how fast the star-night stallion are”,kai jokes.

“Okay, but don’t be whining to your mom when I beat you”,Tamara jokes.

“We won’t”, they all said at the same time.

“Tamara they can’t hear me so I will ask; why are you so tense toward your parent”,Starlight said.

To be honest starlight, I wish I knew that answer myself, Tamara said.

They all smiled at tamara, even her parent. Tamara look around, and smiled to see everyone liking her.

“Tamara we have trouble coming our way”,starlight immediately said.

Tamara gasp. Is it the new enemy I made, tamara thought.



© 2018 SpiritWolf


Author's Note

SpiritWolf
sorry it took long. Im working on ten

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on May 1, 2018
Last Updated on May 1, 2018