Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster

As soon as I could see my house my heart stopped and I froze in place. The living room lights were on. They were off when I left. He was awake. I took a deep breath and kept walking, hopeful. Maybe he’s too sad today to do anything. Maybe he hasn’t hit the alcohol yet. He never hit me unless he was drunk. 

Slowly, I made my way back. Deciding it would be best to sneak in the back door, I quickly ran past the window and to the other side before making my way around the house. Looking at the items in my hands, I quickly hid them in the bushes. If I walked in there and wasn’t able to sneak up, he would definitely destroy them. I couldn’t have that. 

With my gifts hidden, I made my way over to the door. My heart pounded in fear and my hands were drenched with sweat. I was more afraid than I had ever been, but I had to go in. 

Slowly turning the knob and opening the door, I made my way inside. Luckily the door didn’t creak. I gently tiptoed into the kitchen and towards the stairs being as quiet as possible. I was only a foot away from the stairs when the floor creaked, loudly. I paused, my heart sinking in my chest, and listened. For a solid minute I stayed still, but I didn’t hear anything, there was no sign of movement. I took another deep breath before continuing. I had just made it to the stairs when the floor creaked again. This time I heard movement immediately. 

Loud pounding footsteps sounded on the floor and I knew he was coming. Hoping I could make it up the stairs quickly I started my ascent. But I didn’t make it up more than three steps before I was pulled back down harshly by my hair. I lost my balance, falling down the few steps I had gotten up before landing harshly on the floor by his feet. He leaned down towards me. 

“Did you think you could sneak past me?” He stood back up, grabbing my hair once again and bringing me up with him. I could already feel the ache from him pulling and it felt like my ankle was twisted from the fall. He dragged me along until we reached the living room. He pulled me over to the wall where we had pictures of mom hanging. He forced me to look at them and the tears came to my eyes. I tried to turn away but he forced me to look. 

“Look at her! She’s gone because of you! It’s your fault!” The tears rolled down my face, unstoppable. 

“I’m sorry!” 

He slammed me against the wall, my forehead hitting a corner of the frame and cutting it. His grip on my hair disappeared and I slid down the wall. Quickly, I shot up, hurting my ankle even more, and tried to run out of the door. He reacted just as quickly by grabbing my arm. He quickly yanked me back and gripped my arm with both hands before starting to twist it. I immediately panicked and screamed. He was going to break my arm. 

“No! No, please don’t! I’m sorry! I’m so sorry!” I yelled but he didn’t listen. With a quick twist, my arm snapped. A scream of pain rose to my throat and burst out. He quickly slapped me. 

“Shut up!” 

I fell down onto the floor landing onto my arm and screamed again. I scooted back as much as I could away from him, while he slowly followed me. A predator and his prey. 

Suddenly both of us turned to the door as someone knocked. Neither of us moved. They knocked again. 

“Excuse me, I’m going to need you to open up!” It only took me a second to realize who was knocking at the door. It was a police officer.

My father looked at me, daring me to say something and before he could do anything, I screamed. 

“Help me!” 

Immediately the door burst open and he walked in followed by another. They took one look at us and the older of the two ran towards my father, who promptly took off and ran out of the back door. As the younger one ran over to me the older one chased after my father. The officer quickly whipped out his walkie-talkie and asked for an ambulance. Once it was confirmed that one was on its way, he turned back to me. Looking over me for the worse injury he noticed how I was holding my arm. 

“Did he break your arm?” I simply nodded tears running down my face both from pain and relief. 

It was about five minutes before the ambulance showed up. EMTs flooded into the house and gathered around me checking me out. Two of them came in with a gurney and they all worked to take care of the worst injuries while placing me on the gurney. Before I knew it I was in the ambulance and being raced to the hospital.



© 2019 GraceFullbuster


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

19 Views
Added on October 28, 2019
Last Updated on October 28, 2019


Author

GraceFullbuster
GraceFullbuster

PA



About
Hi! My name's Grace! I love writing and am currently in college with a major in creative writing. I'm looking for feedback and people to help me edit my stores before I post them on Wattpad. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster