Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster

I woke up the next morning with my heart already beating out of my chest. James was coming to get me today. I was so scared, but a tiny part of me was hopeful. This could be my new start. This could be amazing. But it could also be just like my old life. 

With this newfound hope, I got out of bed and went downstairs for breakfast. Dimitri and Tonya both looked happy for me and Oliver seemed sad but he was old enough to know it had to be done. Lily was still nowhere to be found. With a sad sigh, I sat down at the table and dug in. 

At exactly two o’clock there was a knock on the door and my heart dropped. They were here. Dimitri opened the door and James walked in by himself, Tessa was not with him. I realized that I was now an Allen. I was now officially James’ adopted daughter. 

James said his hellos to Dimitri and Tonya, even saying hello to Oliver. He walked over to me with a huge smile on his face. I couldn’t help but return it. He just looked so happy. “Are you all packed?” he asked. 

I simply nodded. While I had more stuff than when I first moved in,  I still didn’t have that much stuff. It took me a couple of hours at the most. 

“Well, Tessa is waiting at home. She wanted to make sure everything was ready for you. I don’t want to make her wait for too long, so we better get a move on.” Dimitri agreed and led James up to my room to start grabbing boxes. It only took a couple of trips before they had everything in the truck. I tried to help, but they refused. 

Once they were done, I headed up myself to make sure that I hadn’t missed anything. It was strange, the feeling I got looking at this now empty room. I had grown attached to this place. It was beginning to feel like my own room. I even called it mine. 

I would miss Dimitri and the others, especially Lily, but I had to move on. They were spending money on me when they had no obligation to. Despite being invited into the home I constantly felt like I was intruding. Maybe actually being adopted, I won’t feel like that. 

Once I was satisfied, I went back downstairs. I said my goodbyes to Dimitri and Tonya, both giving me huge hugs and words of encouragement. Oliver refused to cry but he said he was going to miss me and gave me a very tight squeeze. There was still no sign of Lily. 

James exited the front door and started walking to the door. I mentally said goodbye to Lily before turning to exit as well. Suddenly, two little arms were wrapped around my waist.

 “No!” Lily screamed, “You can’t go Sera! You can’t!” I turned around in Lily’s hold and bent down to give her a proper hug. 

“I have to Lily. I’ve bothered you guys for far too long.” Lily’s grip got impossibly tighter around my waist. 

“No! I don't wanna say goodbye! I love you!” My eyes widened and immediately tears stung my eyes. 

“You.. you what?” 

“I love you!” 

“Oh, Lily! I love you too!” 

I pulled back and unwrapped her arms from around me to hold her hands. I bent down until I was level with her eyes. “Listen to me Lily, I need you to be a big girl for me okay?” 

I waited until she nodded. “Good. I have to go, Lily. But listen, I’m only going an hour away okay? I can visit any time you want. And hey, don’t think of it as a goodbye, think of it as... see ya later!” 

She was silent for a minute before letting a frown settle on her face, but she nodded anyway. I gave her one last hug, whispering in her ear as I did. “See ya later, Lily-pad.”

I saw the corner of her lips pull into a smile, but the frown mostly remained. And with that, I turned around and headed towards the truck where James was waiting. I didn’t look back, I couldn’t, or else I wasn’t going to get into that truck. 

About five minutes into the drive to my new home, James looked over and saw the frown on my face. With Lily in mind, it was hard to keep my happy face on. I almost wish I had never met them, that way they wouldn’t miss me. In the end, I only caused them pain. 

“Sera, I know it’s hard saying goodbye, but you’ll be able to see them again.” I simply nodded at his words, not really listening. It was at this point that I realized that he didn’t know about my dad. And I decided then, that he never would.



© 2019 GraceFullbuster


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

14 Views
Added on October 28, 2019
Last Updated on October 28, 2019


Author

GraceFullbuster
GraceFullbuster

PA



About
Hi! My name's Grace! I love writing and am currently in college with a major in creative writing. I'm looking for feedback and people to help me edit my stores before I post them on Wattpad. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster