Chapter 29

Chapter 29

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster

Sometime throughout the movie, I must’ve fallen asleep because I was woken up by Tessa shaking me. As I sat up, I quickly looked at the clock and saw that it was already three. I scooted over a little as Tessa sat down next to me. 

“Done writing already?” She normally took days before she would take a real break. 

“Kind of,” she laughed. “James told me that you were sick. Are you okay?” 

“Yeah, I have a headache and a slight fever, but otherwise I’m okay.” 

“When was the last time you took some medicine?” 

“Um, last night at about three?” 

“Oh dear, I’m gonna go get you some more and a glass of water.” Without giving me time to respond she got up and left. 

A couple of minutes later I heard her footsteps coming back. However, it wasn’t Tessa. 

“Mason, what are you doing here?” He chuckled and walked over to my bed. In his hands were the bottle of painkillers and a glass of water. He set them on the nightstand and sat on the edge of the bed. “You said you were sick. I had to come to make sure you were okay.” 

I mentally awed at how cute he was being. I didn’t think my heart could handle it. There was an obvious blush on my face, which I tried to hide unsuccessfully as he laughed. 

“You’re cute when you blush.” And now I probably looked like a tomato. 

“You really didn’t have to.” He laughed again and shook his head. 

“I know. I wanted to.” 

Before I could respond he lifted my covers, slid in next to me, and threw an arm around me. I couldn’t help but relax into him. He was so warm and I was really cold. Without saying anything he grabbed the remote from where it was laying on the nightstand and turned on a movie. We spent the whole movie cuddling and making jokes about the movie. 

Unfortunately, when the movie was over he declared that he had to get home. Taking me by complete surprise, he leaned down and placed a quick kiss on my lips. 

“Hey! Don’t do that! You’ll get sick too!” 

He only shrugged and laughed. “Don’t care.” 

He leaned down again, this time placing a kiss on my forehead. “Please get better,” he whispered. 

“I will.” 

With that, he turned around and I watched his back as he left. Once he was out of sight, the boredom set it. What was I gonna do now? Fortunately, I didn’t have to decide. 

Several minutes later, Tessa appeared at my door and told me that supper was done. She had made homemade chicken noodle soup just for me. I ended up eating two whole bowls of it and I immediately felt better. Who knew? Chicken noodle soup actually made you feel better when you are sick. I can remember my mom always telling me that when I was little. But we would always happen to be out and she didn't know how to make it from scratch. Thinking back now she could have just looked up the recipe and tried to make it. It couldn't have been that hard. She was a really good cook too. 

After I finished eating we all did the dishes together. They both declared that they didn't need my help, that I should go rest, but I told them I was fine. With the medicine from earlier still running through my veins and my stomach now full I was feeling pretty good. It didn’t take very long because James had already done most of it earlier in the day. 

When we were done with that, we settled into the living room to watch a movie. Despite trying to let me pick because I was sick, they still insisted on watching Monty Python. I had never seen the movie, but what I did know about it sounded pretty cool. As soon as the title screen popped up however, I was not excited. It looked really dumb. Luckily for me, once the movie started I found myself actually liking it. 

Once the movie was over, I said goodnight and went to bed. Hopefully, I would be good enough to go back to school tomorrow.



© 2019 GraceFullbuster


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

14 Views
Added on October 28, 2019
Last Updated on October 28, 2019


Author

GraceFullbuster
GraceFullbuster

PA



About
Hi! My name's Grace! I love writing and am currently in college with a major in creative writing. I'm looking for feedback and people to help me edit my stores before I post them on Wattpad. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster