Chapter 23

Chapter 23

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster

The next morning was my first day of suspension. Despite being upset that I was suspended for the first time, I was looking forward to the time off before I went back on Friday. 

Walking into the kitchen, I was surprised to see Michael and Steve sitting on the bar talking to James and Tessa who we’re making breakfast. The door shut behind me, announcing my arrival to the others. James said good morning followed by Michael and Steve. Tessa walked over to me and gave me a hug instead, to which I gladly returned. She quickly returned to her spot next to James who was struggling to maintain all of the pots at once. 

“W-what are you guys doing here? And aren’t you supposed to be at work?” I asked pointing to James. Michael shook his head as if he were disappointed. 

“Wow, I thought you’d be happy to see us again.” 

“I didn’t mean it that way! I was just surprised to see you here! I’m sorry!” Everyone laughed, but I could see a hint of concern behind James’ eyes.  

“I know, I know. I’m just playing.” 

“We’re part of your surprise,” Steve added. 

“James already told us what happened, it looks like she got you good, huh?” asked Michael. 

“What?” He got up and walked over to me grabbing my chin and tilting it forward. It sent flashbacks of my father through my head and I immediately jumped back my guard up. I saw James turn around in a flash his face pulled into a frown, but before he could do anything I spoke. 

“Sorry, you caught me by surprise.” 

“Ah, that’s alright. I should be the one apologizing. But you have a giant bruise on your cheek.”  I placed my hand and on my cheek and sure enough right where Beverley had punched me was sore. 

“I didn’t even notice.” 

“Did you get her back?” Steve asked with a laugh. 

“Don’t encourage her!” Tessa laughed, lightly swatting him. 

Finally, I took a seat next to Steve at the bar and Michael went back to his seat. “So are you guys gonna tell me what this surprise is?” 

“Do you know what the meaning of surprise is Sera?” James asked. It was really starting to bug me. I hated surprises. Instead of giving him the glare he deserved, I turned my head to the side like I was confused. 

“No, I don’t actually. What is a surprise?” 

Immediately James, Michael, and Steve all looked shocked. Tessa laughed and slapped James on the back of the head. “You guys are all idiots. It was obviously sarcasm. Now stop fooling around and finish the bacon, James. Michael and Steve set the table.” 

James turned back to the stove while Michael and Steve stood up out of their seats and headed to the cabinets. “Yes, ma’am,” they said in unison causing me to laugh. 

“You should do that more often.” 

“I know,” she laughed. 

An hour later we were done with breakfast, ready, and in the car. And I still didn’t know where we were going. I just wanted to scream at them until they told me and it's obvious that they all thought it was funny. I could see them trying to hide their snickers behind their hands, but they’re weren’t doing a very good job at it. 

Right before I was going to explode from anger and nerves, the car stopped. Looking around I was met with the sight of something I hadn’t been to in years. An amusement park!!!!! I immediately jumped out of the car to get a closer look, but my view was soon blocked by tears. Suddenly, a hand was wrapped around my shoulders. 

“Are you alright?” James, of course. 

Another arm was wrapped around my shoulders from the other side. 

“Honey, what’s wrong?” Tessa. 

I quickly wiped my tears away with the back of my sleeve. 

“I’m fine. It’s just, I haven’t been to an amusement park in years.” 

They didn’t say anything, but they both laughed before Michael and Steve joined us. What took them so long? 

I was steered forward by the arms around me, but I didn't need more than that before I was taking off to go get in line. Behind me, I heard Tessa yell my name and tell me to wait. It was followed by three deeps laughs and the sound of running. Seconds later I was joined by the three guys in line. Looking back I saw Tessa still a good distance away shaking her head and laughing. When she caught up to us she sighed. 

“You guys do know that I’m the one with the tickets right?” Simultaneously all three of the guys were blushing. 

“Sorry…” Steve said. 

“We saw Sera take off and…” Michael added. 

“We got excited…” James finished. 

“Children… you’re all children.” Tessa sighed. 

Once we made it past the gates and into the park I took off again, running towards the first ride I saw to get in line. It was a type of water ride called the Coal Cracker. It looked like a roller coaster but the cart was like a boat and the track was water. We only had to wait in line for a couple of minutes. I must not have been a very popular ride. I hopped into the boat first and James sat behind me, Michael behind him. Steve and Tessa were forced to get into the next one. The ride had two large drops and we got splashed with water both times, but we were far from soaked. The rest was just like being on a regular river. 

After getting off, we waited for Steve and Tessa before I rushed off to the next thing I saw. It was a wooden roller coaster called Comet. I sat with Tessa, and because the guy’s legs were so long they all had to get their own carts. The ride was thrilling, but definitely not as thrilling as the ones that would be coming up. 

We got on several more roller coasters, the wait of which was ridiculous, but this park seemed to be known for them. Each time we got off to look at the pictures and they didn’t disappoint. We had come to figure out that Steve wasn’t too fond of roller coasters and every picture he looked so scared. Everyone else looked like they were really enjoying it. 



© 2019 GraceFullbuster


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

18 Views
Added on October 28, 2019
Last Updated on October 28, 2019


Author

GraceFullbuster
GraceFullbuster

PA



About
Hi! My name's Grace! I love writing and am currently in college with a major in creative writing. I'm looking for feedback and people to help me edit my stores before I post them on Wattpad. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster