Chapter 30

Chapter 30

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster

The next morning I still wasn’t feeling the best, but I really wanted to see Mason, so I forced myself out of bed. Heading to the kitchen to grab a light breakfast before I got ready, I discovered that it was empty. James and Tessa must’ve still been sleeping. I shook my head before grabbing some more painkillers and some water. After taking them and eating, I headed back up to my room and got ready. 

Since I wasn’t feeling good, I decided it would be best to go for comfort. I threw on my loosest pair of jeans, I refused to wear sweats in public, and my favorite long-sleeved t-shirt. There was really no need to wear long-sleeves anymore, but they were really comfortable. Besides, it was almost the only thing I owned anyway. 

As I was brushing my hair, there was a knock on the door. “Sera, you up?” 

I turned toward the door and nodded. Realizing that he couldn’t see through the door, I laughed. “Yeah, I’m up.” 

“Alright, I’ll be in the living room when you’re ready.” Before I could respond I heard his footsteps retreating from the door. I finished messing with my hair and then grabbed my backpack. 

True to his word, James was sitting on the couch in the living room. However, he had his glasses on and was looking at some papers. He was super focused on them and didn’t even look up when I said his name. Slowly setting my bag on the floor I tiptoed up behind him. Raising my hands I, lightly, slammed my hands on his shoulders and screamed, “Boo!” 

He jumped a foot in the air and whipped around to face me. Seeing that it was just me, he relaxed a little. His breathing was rather quick and his hand was placed over his heart. I got him good. I was laughing so hard that I was practically rolling on the floor. After a few seconds passed he finally starting laughing as well. When I wiped the tears out of my eyes and was able to see again, he was shaking his head and his glasses were now on top of his head. “Alright, alright. Fun’s over. We gotta go before we’re late. Go ahead and get in the car, I’ll be out in a minute.” 

With one more laugh, I picked up my bag and headed outside. However, the second that the door closed behind me the feeling was back. 

Someone was watching me. 

Or I was just crazy. 

Despite hoping that I was just crazy I sprinted to the car and locked the doors. Nothing happened and a minute later James walked out. I unlocked the door before he reached the car and he hopped in. 

When we pulled up in front of the school Mason was waiting for me. I unlocked the door but before I had the chance to open it, he did it for me. I hopped out of the car and we walked inside together. I could hear people whispering and laughing as usual, but it didn’t bother me so much today since I still wasn’t feeling the best. As we walked to class, Mason and I chatted lightly. 

“How are you feeling?” 

“Better, but still not the greatest. Hence the comfortable clothes.” I laughed, a little embarrassed that Mason was seeing me like this. He glanced down at my clothes and then looked up with a smile on his face. 

“You look cute to me.” I scoffed but looked away as my cheeks turned red. He laughed and placed his hand on my back to guide me into the classroom. We sat down in our seats and so began the long day of classes. 

By the time lunch rolled around I was done with school. Classes were dragging, my head was getting worse, and all the whispering wasn’t helping. Mason and I walked to my locker so I could put some of my books away, but instead of walking down to the cafeteria, he started talking and just stood there. Taking the hint, I didn’t move a muscle. Once the hallway cleared out, he reached down and grabbed my hands taking me by surprise. He looked me directly in the eyes and then smiled. 

“Listen. So, I should’ve just done this the other night, but… Well, I really like you Sera. And going to see that movie only confirmed it. Sera, will you be my girlfriend?” Time stopped at that moment. My brain and body shut down. And then a few seconds later, it restarted. Adrenaline surged through my veins and, not just my cheeks, but my entire body grew warm. I pulled my hands out of his grasp and threw my arms around his neck. 

“Yes!! Of course!” I heard him laugh right next to my ear and his arms wrapped around me as well. I buried my face into his shoulder and squeezed, an involuntary laugh escaping my throat. I had never been happier. It was something that I had wished for for a long time. 

We pulled away and I looked at Mason. His face was flushed with happiness as well and he had the same goofy grin that was no doubt on my face as well. He leaned down and placed a quick kiss on my lips and then one on my forehead. 

Grabbing my hand, we walked down to the cafeteria where Isiah and Kevin were watching a video. They looked at us as we sat down and they simultaneously broke into smiles. Mason and I watched as they turned to each other and high fived. But then Isiah held his hand out to Kevin as if he was waiting for something. Kevin sighed, but reached into his pocket, pulled out his wallet, and placed a ten-dollar bill in Isiah’s hand. It took a few seconds for it to click but Mason and I looked at each other as we realized… 

“You bet on whether we would get together?!” we yelled together. 

“No,” Kevin said, “We bet on when you would get together.” 

“We knew it was inevitable,” Isiah added. 

The happy flush on my face turned to one of embarrassment and Mason slapped both of them. In the end, we all shared a good laugh about it and continued on with lunch as normal. Except for the fact that Mason and I kept glancing at each other and smiling. 

When I got home I immediately told James and Tessa the amazing news. Tessa looked very happy, but James frowned angrily. “He did what?!” 

Before I could answer, Tessa swatted the back of his head. “If you were going to get angry, why did you let her go out on a date in the first place?” He looked away embarrassed as Tessa and I laughed. 

That night we celebrated with ice cream and a movie while Mason and I texted the entire time. When bedtime came, he sent me an adorable goodnight message. My life was really turning around. For once, I felt truly happy.



© 2019 GraceFullbuster


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

13 Views
Added on October 28, 2019
Last Updated on October 28, 2019


Author

GraceFullbuster
GraceFullbuster

PA



About
Hi! My name's Grace! I love writing and am currently in college with a major in creative writing. I'm looking for feedback and people to help me edit my stores before I post them on Wattpad. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster