Epilogue

Epilogue

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster

After a few more days in the hospital, I was finally released and went home. School started up again back in August. Apparently, my kidnapping had made it on the news. Now everyone knew what had happened to me and where my scars came from. Tons of people were coming up to me and apologizing. In fact, everyone but Beverly and her group had apologized. I started gaining more friends, but I mostly still hung out with Mason, Isiah, and Kevin. I never truly forgave everyone for making fun of me. I didn’t need their pity. School was a lot more enjoyable now. But school had just ended about a week ago and it was already my sixteenth birthday. James and Tessa went all out planning it.

The backyard was decorated brilliantly by Tessa. White plastic tables and chairs had been set up in rows for guests to eat. They each had a yellow table cloth. One table was set up for gifts and another had snacks like chips in case anyone was hungry before the food was ready. James was going to make burgers and hot dogs on the grill. Balloons were scattered around the backyard in all kinds of colors. Coolers were lined up and filled with ice and different drinks. A few games like cornhole and ladder golf were set up. There were even fairy lights hung around for when it got dark. They were planning on this being a long party. 

At noon, guests started showing up. The first person to arrive was my wonderful boyfriend Mason. He was wearing a pair of khaki shorts and a light-blue plaid button-down shirt. Short sleeves of course. He was followed by Isiah and Kevin.

People were coming left and right, but I welcomed everyone. Not a single person showed up without a gift to add to the table. I was extremely happy to see Michael and Steve arrive. I was talking to them when I heard a loud high pitched screech. “Serrraaaa!!!” 

I turned to look at who was screaming and tears stung my eyes. I ran as fast as I could and wrapped my arms around the tiny figure. “Lily-pad!!!!” 

I picked her up and spun her around as she giggled. 

“You’re so grown up!! How did you get so big?” She was so much taller than I remembered! Setting her down she ran off to inspect the snacks and I looked up to see Oliver followed by his parents, Dimitri and Tonya. Oliver gave me a quick hug but then ran off after his little sister. Before I could react, I was pulled into a tight hug by both Dimitri and Tonya. I pulled back with a giant smile on my face, something I think they were surprised to see. 

“You look happy,” Dimitri commented. 

“I am.” 

They headed over to say hi to James and Tessa when I heard another scream of my name, this one not quite so high pitched but just as loud. Alex crashed into me almost knocking me down on the ground and burst into tears. 

“It’s been too long! I missed you too much!” 

Last but not least, all of my siblings and their partners arrived one after the other. Chris had gotten married and Marley had a boyfriend. Myles and Valerie also brought little Regan with them. She was already a year old. Each of them pulled me into a giant hug and wished me a happy birthday. 

James began to grill and hand out food and I watched as everyone ate and talked to one another. Alex challenged everyone at the party to beat her at cornhole. Not a single person did. I played quite a few rounds of ladder golf myself. Mason refused to let go of my hand and Isiah and Kevin made fun of him for it the entire time. Lily took quite an interest in Regan. 

Once it got dark they turned on the fairy lights and lit up the backyard. It was beautiful. We had cake and ice cream and then everyone forced me to open their gifts. They were all so lovely. Last but not least, James and Tessa had spent way too much on these really cool fireworks. Michael and Steve volunteered to be the ones who set them off. James and Tessa stood next to me as we watched them explode in different colors. 

I looked around at all of the people. They were scattered around the yard in different groups and every single one of them had a smile on their face. Like a slap in the face, I realized that all of those people were here for me. All of these people cared for me in one way or another. It was like one giant family. And then it hit me. My wish from two long years ago… 

I believed with all of my heart that it wouldn’t come true. It was a silly hopeful wish. But, despite that and everything that I’ve been through, it came true. 


Two Years Ago 

Suddenly the lights flicked off and we were covered in darkness. I groaned, knowing what came next. Alex’s mom came out from the kitchen holding a cake with candles lit in her hands. Alex was next to her holding tubs of ice cream. All three of them started singing and I felt a blush rise to my cheeks. I always hated it when people would sing happy birthday to me. It was so embarrassing. Finally, they made their way over to me and the song ended. 

“Blow out the candles and make a wish!” Alex said. 

I closed my eyes and leaned forward. I thought for a second before making my wish and blowing out the candles. 

I Wish…  that I had a real family again. A family that truly loved me.”



© 2019 GraceFullbuster


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

17 Views
Added on October 28, 2019
Last Updated on October 28, 2019


Author

GraceFullbuster
GraceFullbuster

PA



About
Hi! My name's Grace! I love writing and am currently in college with a major in creative writing. I'm looking for feedback and people to help me edit my stores before I post them on Wattpad. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster