Chapter 26

Chapter 26

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster

I enjoyed the nice sunny weather as I made my way to the park. I was almost there when that feeling of dread came washing over me. It seriously felt like someone was watching me. Despite telling myself that I was crazy, my pace sped up and before I knew it I was at the park. As soon as I spotted Mason sitting on a swing, the feeling went away. Hopefully, it would not return this time. I walked over to Mason and he stood up to greet me with a hug. 

“Hey, Sera! How’s suspension?” Pulling out of the hug, we walked side by side on the trail that surrounded the park. 

“Pretty good actually. They took me to an amusement park yesterday.” He laughed shaking his head. 

“Man, I wish I had your parents. Mine would kill me if I got suspended.”  

With that, he launched into the things that had happened at school these past two days. As we walked and I listened to him talk I couldn’t help but watch him. He had his hands in his pockets and slouched as he walked. He liked to watch the ground because part of the track was in a wooded area and always had branches on it. He didn’t want to fall. He also had a cute little smile on his face as he talked. Sure, I liked him. But I was certain that he would only like me as a friend so I tried my best not to think of him like that. He was a friend, end of story. 

We made two whole trips around the trail and we were halfway through the wooded area when a kid came running in our direction. He wasn’t looking where he was going and before I could react he was running me over. I hit the ground hard, my butt taking the most damage. The kid didn’t even stop but was at least nice enough to apologize as he continued running. Mason reached down and offered me a hand. Taking it, he pulled me up and I brushed the dirt off of me. 

“That hurt,” I complained. 

“I bet, you hit the ground pretty hard.” He started laughing but quickly stopped when I lightly smacked him. 

“It’s not funny!” I turned around and crossed my arms acting like a toddler. I heard a sigh from Mason and then he placed a hand on my shoulder. 

“I’m sorry.” 

Finally, I turned around and laughed uncrossing my arms. “You’re forgiven.” 

“Anyway,” Mason said suddenly serious. “The reason I asked you to meet me here is that I wanted to ask you a question. I didn’t want to ask in a text.” 

I had no idea what he could possibly want that he couldn’t say over text, but I nodded anyway. “Shoot.” 

Mason slid his hands in his pockets and kinda shrugged his shoulders. Was he… nervous

“Well, I was just…. Wondering if… youwantedtogoonadatewithme?” He spoke so fast I couldn’t understand what he said. 

“Say what?” He sighed and took his hands out of his pockets, grabbing mine. 

“I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me?” 

I was too shocked to speak. He actually wanted to go on a date with me? I didn’t want to leave him hanging too long so I made a quick decision. 

“I’d love to!” His face lit up at my answer. He looked so happy! 

“How does a movie sound?” 

“That sounds great! When did you want to go?” 

“Um, well I was kinda hoping we could go tonight?” 

“Perfect!” 

“Alright, I’ll pick you up at 7? My mom will drive us.” I nodded, too excited to do anything else. With that, we both parted ways to get ready. 

As soon as I got home, I went to tell James and ask if I could go. I found him still in the kitchen, making a snack. “How much do you need to eat?” I asked. He looked up from his work and laughed. 

“This is for Tessa. I just checked on her and she said she was hungry. Back already?” James really was caring and he loved Tessa so much. He was always willing to do anything for her. It was adorable and I hope that I can find someone like that one day. 

“Yeah. Mason just wanted to ask me a question, said he couldn't do it over the phone.” He looked just as confused as I did. 

“What did he ask that he couldn’t over the phone?” I took a deep breath and braced myself. I had no idea how he would react. 

“He asked me if I wanted to go on a date with him.” Immediately, he stopped what he was doing. 

“He what?!” he semi-yelled. I jumped back a little startled. 

“Where?” 

“The movies.” 

“When?” 

“Tonight at seven.” 

“Who’s driving?” 

“His mom.” 

Suddenly, his stern face turned into a smile. 

“Okay, you can go.” He walked around the counter to me with Tessa’s snack and a drink in his hands. He placed a quick kiss on my forehead. “Please be careful, sweetheart.” Then he started to walk towards the door.

“I will.” 

“And don’t hesitate to call if something goes wrong,” he said as the door shut behind him.

“Mason wouldn’t let anything happen,” I whispered to myself with a smile.



© 2019 GraceFullbuster


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

12 Views
Added on October 28, 2019
Last Updated on October 28, 2019


Author

GraceFullbuster
GraceFullbuster

PA



About
Hi! My name's Grace! I love writing and am currently in college with a major in creative writing. I'm looking for feedback and people to help me edit my stores before I post them on Wattpad. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster