Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster

The night passed without a problem. Nothing happened. There was no sign of my dad and when the doctor checked on me the next day it was obvious that there were no further injuries. I was handed my prescription for painkillers and the officer with me informed me that he was told to take me to the station. 

It only took about ten minutes to get there and we passed by my house on the way there. It triggered many memories, most terrible memories, but there were some happy ones, the ones with my mom. 

Once we got to the station he brought me in and Officer Ledger and Officer Belikov were waiting for me. They both gave me smiles and offered me some water, which I took, before leading me to their desks. They asked me how I was doing and gave me a few moments to adjust before asking me some more questions. Once they were done, the big news came. What they were going to do with me. 

“So Sera, with your mother deceased and your father on the run, I’m sorry to say that you are now an orphan. However, Officer Belikov and his wife have agreed to take you in as their own until we find your father and you are adopted, like a foster home. Only if you agree with that, of course. If you say no, you will be put in a safe house of sorts and when your father is found you will be put in the local orphanage.” 

I glanced over to Officer Belikov to see a very hopeful look on his face. He had been very kind so far and I know he can protect me. But, he’ll have to go to work so I’ll be left without any protection. 

“I have a question,” I announced. Officer Ledger gave me a nod to continue. “Should I stay with you,” I pointed to Officer Belikov, “when you go to work I’ll be left alone.” I saw a smile appear on Officer Ledger’s face. What’s so funny? 

“I thought you might ask that. You’re a smart girl. If you choose to stay with Officer Belikov and his family your protection will be his assignment until your father is caught. That will be his job.” Okay.... well that solves that problem. I haven’t met his wife or children but they’re probably nice people. I guess I could stay with them. It would probably be better than this safe house I’d have to go to and an orphanage. 

“Okay, I guess I’ll stay with you, Officer Belikov.” His smile immediately grew into pure happiness and he jumped up like a teenager. 

Suddenly he turned to me still very happy and said, “You can call me Dimitri.” And with that, we were ushered out of the room because someone else needed it and we headed down to the courthouse to do the necessary paperwork in order for them to foster me. 

It took about an entire hour before they got all of the paperwork done and since I didn’t have to do anything for it I just sat there the entire time. But with nothing to do, my thoughts began to wander. With everything that’s been going on, I had no time to sit and think about what had happened. I’m glad that Officer Ledger and Dimitri came to help me and get me out of there, but I really didn’t deserve it. If it wasn’t for me my mom would still be here and my dad wouldn’t have done all of that to me. It’s all my fault. Why do Dimitri and his family even want me? I’ll cause nothing but trouble for them. My dad will probably come back and hurt all of them. And it’ll be my fault. 

With the paperwork taken care of, we went to Dimitri's house to grab lots of boxes. There I met his wife and children who all seemed very nice. With the boxes in his very large truck, we headed back to my house to pack up all of my stuff. Two other officers accompanied us to help and for a little extra protection. The sheriff thought it was likely that my father would come back to get some things. He thought it would be wise to bring some extra people in case he were to show up. 

I went straight up to my room and began to pack all of my clothes and the few belongings that I had. Most of my stuff had been broken by my father. Once my room was all packed up, I cleared out the bathroom and then headed downstairs. I packed away the photos of my mother and any other things that I wanted/needed and then we were done. Lastly, I grabbed the gifts that I had hidden outside and packed them as well. My father had not shown up. 

We packed all of the boxes, which only totaled four, into the car and headed back to Dimitri’s place to unpack all of my stuff into their guest room. It would be mine until I was adopted, which as unlikely for someone of my age and background. 

Once I was unpacked I sat on the bed and looked around. I needed to get used to the place because it was here that I would spend the next five months.



© 2019 GraceFullbuster


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

18 Views
Added on October 28, 2019
Last Updated on October 28, 2019


Author

GraceFullbuster
GraceFullbuster

PA



About
Hi! My name's Grace! I love writing and am currently in college with a major in creative writing. I'm looking for feedback and people to help me edit my stores before I post them on Wattpad. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by GraceFullbuster