11

11

A Chapter by JC Fox

 

        Tracy stood at the side of the hole looking down into it, her heart felt as if it were dipped in lead. The sun shone down on the granite stone and birds chirped oblivious to the woman standing beside and empty hole in the ground. She sniffed and dabbed at her eyes, one rotting in the ground and another to join the other.  The funeral party was gathered around the church still and she nodded to Molly who whispered something to the clinging baby on her leg. He nodded and waved to his grandmother, Tracy waved back but headed toward her car.  She had to send up a cleaner in Canada and she also had to light a fire under Vincent’s a*s to move quicker. Bobby didn’t make it, he lived a few days after the surgery but then his system started shutting down and finally it was the do or die decision on whether to keep him as a vegetable or pull the plug. Tracy had no more children and she will have her person on the inside of the Agency start the takeover. She just hoped Vincent could focus on the task at hand instead of worrying about the little fish. She flipped open her cell phone and dialed her inside man’s number, she needed to give it a go, and she was going to head to California for a bit a lie low.

            “Good you picked up, I’m giving you the green light all systems go.” She clicked the phone shut and laid her head on the steering wheel. Two kids in the ground several husbands missing, she was getting too old to be in this business anymore, she may just see her lawyer while she was in California and have the papers written up.  Tracy opened her phone again and dialed Vincent’s number. His voice mail picked up and she shut the phone in disgust, she had one more phone call to make.

            Biesel stared at the Korean woman and shook his head in disgust, she was covered in blood and filth, and she didn’t even appear to be upset that she just smashed her foot into a man’s skull. He has told her on several occasions not to kill the prisoners unless otherwise ordered to, her torture methods were enough to break any man, and even men that are in the special ops of the military have succumbed to her torture. It always ends the same though unless there is an intervention she will end up killing them.

            “Sumyi, we have gone over this several times, some of these men have families and you just can’t keep killing them.” She tilted her head and stuck up a hand to stop with his lecture.

            “You tell me every time, every time I do same thing, it won’t change.” she left the office and went back to her room. It was go time and first she would take out the old fart and then hunt down the manicured princess Vivian and take her out. The Agency will be no more when she is done.

            Biesel shook his head and couldn’t shake the feeling that something was wrong, he dialed the tech lab and hoped George would pick up. He needed files backed up and sent to Tripp and he wanted Ally and George to leave headquarters. Something was going to go down and he could feel it in his bones. George picked up and there was a long pause, he could hear static on the other end.

            “Boss? Is that you? We seem to be having some problems with the phones; I’ll have to do a diagnostic later.” George’s voice was breaking up and crackling, Biesel waited until the crackling subsided and he sighed as the line went dead. He would just have to head down to the lab and tell him in person. It might be better, the phones could be bugged that’s why the crackling and static. Biesel pushed aside a panel in the wall and walked through; the best thing about this place would be the fact that there were a lot of ways for the doctors to transport patients without having them interact with the general public. He pushed a button behind the panel and heard it click shut. Biesel hated closed in spaces but this was the safest route to the lab and the only other person who knew about it was George. The air hung heavy and smelled of dust and mold. Biesel walked down the passageway and stopped to catch his breath. Old age was taking a toll on his body, he wasn’t exercising as much as he should and the doctor said that if he kept going the way he was that he would have a heart attack. He clutched at his chest and breathed heavily, it felt like he was having a heart attack now. Biesel hurried down the twisted pathways and found the entrance he was looking for. He pressed another button and was inside the lab, Ally was busy sorting papers and George was bent over a control board with a visor pulled over his face. Biesel closed the door behind him and stepped into the room, Ally screamed and dropped her papers and George looked at the old man standing in the room.

            “You look horrible Boss what happened?” George yanked the visor off and tossed it on the floor; he came next to Biesel and helped him to a chair.

            “Ally I need you to back up files and send them to Tripp everything, George you need to help her. Then I want you two to get out of here before,” there was an explosion somewhere in the building and Ally went flying. George hit the lockdown button and the whole facility would be on lockdown now. “I’m too late I didn’t think they would attack so quickly, do you have any of our files on backup to send to Tripp.” Biesel’s chest felt like it was on fire and the pain was intense. His skin was clammy and he felt like someone was squeezing his heart in a vice grip; there was a tingling then numbness down his right arm. “You two need to get out of here, George you know the way, tell Vivian she is in charge and Tripp knows what to do. There are papers,” he grimaced as he tried to choke out orders between lips that felt like someone rubbed sand all over them, “she knows where the papers are.” Biesel fell silent and George just stared at the man, he nodded to Ally and she gathered her things. It was time they left and the agency will never be the same ever again. George closed the old man’s eyes and lay him down on the floor, he would have preferred to bury the man but the agency was being blown to bits around them. George and Ally looked around knowing this will be the last time they ever saw their home away from home.

            Sumyi let the men into the building and told them where to go, she needed to find records and she needed to find the old man. She went back to the office after she left to find that he was gone, she tossed her hair in frustration then started barking orders to the invading men. Tracy Van Bastian followed on their heels and nodded at Sumyi. Sumyi saluted the older woman and then hugged her. The alliance has over thrown the Agency and now the true rulers of justice shall inherit the earth. The two women walked down the hallways and approached the atrium, Tracy handed Sumyi a remote control and the other woman smiled.

            “Time to say bye bye to everything that you stood against, if only Biesel knew you were my sister.” The other woman smiled and hugged her sister. They had the same father but different mother and found each other several years before Sumyi signed on with the agency.

            “Yes my sister it is good to finally shed this lie of a life I have been living.” Sumyi’s halted English was gone and she spoke perfectly, she then pressed a button on the remote and a bomb went off in the west wing area. “So starts a new era, I’m sorry to hear about my nephew though.” The two women embraced again and walked out of the atrium as the building fell down to dust around them.

            Vincent danced with the woman and felt himself grow sick to his stomach; her gut had its own zip code and would put the biggest red neck’s beer belly to shame. She wore a tiny top and he couldn’t help but notice that her n*****s pointed in the opposite direction of each other. He shuddered as he stared at her doughy face, her eyes were hidden in folds of flesh, and the smell coming off her was enough to make him retch.  She kept claiming she was some kind of model and dancer but he watched her shake on the dance floor and came to the conclusion that she was more a stunt double for Santa Claus at Christmas time than whatever she claimed she was. He tried to dance as far away from her as possible but she kept pressing herself on him demanding his attention. Vincent smiled handed her his card and left the club, he needed to get the stench of piss and whatever that dancing hog rolled in. He inhaled the smell of rain and ozone then waited for a cab, he may just pop back and see that delectable little Lena and have a sporting good time with her. He sniffed himself and felt his stomach contents roil, he would definitely have to shower first, or he could knock on Lena’s door leave a message for her to come over and bring Gerard back and then she could catch him in the shower. Vincent tugged the cap down over his hair and muttered, he liked that idea but he wondered what he could use that filthy cow in there for. He contemplated doing society a favor and just euthanizing her, but she could prove useful, she was annoying and disgusting, he dug around in his pocket and found a cigarette, yes she could be useful.

            Lena paced the apartment and waited for Tripp to arrive, he was probably going to head to that b***h Vivian’s place first and then come home. She kicked a pillow across the room and the dog chased after it, wagging his tail he brought it back like it was a prize. She smiled and pat the dog on the head then buried her face in his rough fur, he smelled like dog and cedar and she inhaled deeply.

            “You know what Gerard, I can’t just sit around and do nothing, I need to go out and I don’t know mingle and what not.” The dog tilted its head listening intently to what she was saying; she smiled and scratched him behind his ears. “Maybe I’ll do my makeover and hell while I’m up here on hiatus go back to school and see about doing a veterinary technician program. How does that sound boy?” he wagged his tail and put his front paws on her chest, she knew now that is what she will do with her time, screw the agency if she can find a way out and have a normal life without being killed that would be great. At least working with animals the danger was different and what’s the worse that will happen? She could get bit by a rabid animal and end up with rabies, not as bad as living with AIDS.  “Want to go for a walk? I’m kind of antsy and you look like you could use a good romp on the beach.” The dog tilted its head and stared at her with his tongue hanging out the side of his mouth. She walked into the bedroom with the dog on her heels and ruffled through the closet, she heard the dog whining behind her and smirked as he was pawing at the sleeping ball of gray fur on the bed, the cat opened one green eye and stared at the dog then went back to sleep. Lena wanted to look somewhat decent in case Gerard’s owner decided to come back early, she would show Tripp and Vivian and every one that she wasn’t the socially inept girl they believe she is. Lena swiped some mascara on her lashes and decided to let her hair go, she looked in the mirror and grumbled at the stray blond hairs that found their way into the mass of black on her head. The dog stared at her and she gave him a look and he smiled, “Ok so I’m getting prettied up for your daddy is that a crime?” the dog thumped his tail on the floor and started drooling. She giggled and scratched the dog then walked back out to the living room. She was searching for the leash when there was a knock at the door, the dog started barking and she tripped over him in her haste to answer the door. Lena looked through the peephole and saw it was Tripp and he looked drunk off his butt. She sighed and muttered several curses under her breath.

            Tripp staggered up to the front door and he didn’t remember having that much to drink at the bar. He looked at the piece of paper with Stephanie’s number on it and then stuffed it halfway in his pocket. He honestly could care less if Lee saw the number but damn it he wished he brought his keys with him. He leaned against the door and let out a ragged breath, where was everyone? In addition, why was it taking so long to answer the door, he could walk around back but that would require energy he didn’t have. He felt himself sinking and decided to give into it and found himself on the wet porch holding his side, he pressed his hand against the wound and took his hand away and he was blood covered. The door opened and he looked up to see Lee and the dog staring down at him, her look went from pissed off to worry as she saw the blood. He felt his head grow dizzy and then fuzzy.

            “Sorry Lee I didn’t mean to storm out.” He fell back in a dark abyss of unconsciousness and just rode the black waves of nothingness, to wait out a storm that was looming on the horizon.



© 2008 JC Fox


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This chapter is cut off...

Posted 16 Years Ago


Tracy sucks.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 6, 2008
Last Updated on February 21, 2008


Author

JC Fox
JC Fox

NJ



About
CHECK OUT THIS CONTEST, IF YOU'RE INTO WRITING CHILDREN'S STORIES THEN ENTER HERE! Our Children Are PreciousFeb 4, 2008 - Jul 4, 2008 I'm a free spirit but unfortunately some people on here have tri.. more..

Writing