17

17

A Chapter by JC Fox

 

     Lena’s head was heavy and pounded, the smell of sweat, piss, and s**t reeked in the air. There was also a stifling claustrophobic feeling, Lena couldn’t see anything but darkness, she tried moving but found that she was bound, her mouth felt furry and dry. The sounds of honking horns, loud music, and crying were all she heard, she tried to speak but found she couldn’t where the hell was she? Doors were opening and closing somewhere and she heard people talking. She didn’t think she was still in the states; the smell and the language were clues to that, unless she was in China town. Lee tried to listen to the voices that were now coming towards her but she really couldn’t concentrate her mind kept getting fuzzy and then would clear up and then she would start to panic. She just gave up and submitted to the fuzzy disconnected feeling that washed over her.

            “Is this the one that was sent to us?” someone pushed her up and she whimpered, the smell of sweat and stale cigarettes clung to this person, the voice sounded male but Lee knew in this world you can never be too sure just based on the sound of a person’s voice. She made that mistake once in California, she smiled and started giggling to herself, whatever they gave her was making her giddy.

            “What’s wrong with her is she retarded?”

            “No she is just drugged up, Sumyi told us to make sure to keep her drugged, do you want her or not.”

            Lee’s brain was setting off alarm bells but she just brushed them away, Sumyi what a funny name she thought, she let the fog roll in and she lounged on the clouds of confusion that seemed to envelope her brain. Funny she didn’t remember there being fog in a person’s head what a funny thought. She leaned against the person that pushed her up and she was shoved back against a wall, she hit her head and whimpered again, now if they would only take the damn blindfold off, she felt like she was trying to hit a piñata or playing pin the tail on the donkey.  She giggled at this thought and then she felt the sting of something heavy and meaty hitting her face. She wanted to fight back but couldn’t, oh well maybe another time she thought to herself.  Lee figured she should be worried about her current situation and the metallic taste in her mouth but she didn’t want to, all her life she spent worrying about one thing or another and this nice little fog pillow she was on prevented her from doing so and she was going to ride that wave of bliss that keeps washing over her.

            “Sumyi is twisted, are you sure that she can still work if I keep her drugged up?” the two men conversed as if Lee wasn’t even there, if they would only take the damn blindfold off she really would like to see what is going on, watch this tennis match of words. She giggled again and felt the heavy, fuzzy, feeling of her tongue. She really wanted a drink to try and get rid of all that hair in her mouth, why was there hair in her mouth anyways?

            “I was told that if you don’t keep her drugged you would have to beat her to get her to work and she’ll fight you every step of the way. Its bad enough you already bruised the merchandise, I am going to have to deduct that from her selling price.” The men argued in another language that sounded like a bunch of turkeys calling to one another. Lee shifted, whatever had her hands bound together was cutting off the circulation and she could feel her fingers tingling, why were they talking about her as if she was a piece of livestock at an auction house. Pain started stinging Lee’s face where the heavy meaty object had hit her and she started panicking as the gray fog started rolling away from her brain. The bliss was starting to wear off and the cold hard reality of the situation was starting to set in.

            “Ok fine her original asking price was 12137.40 Baht but since you bruised her that brings the price down, not to mention she’ll probably have bruised wrists and you’ll have to keep her on Sumyi’s magic elixir I’ll give her to you for 6068.70 Baht.” Lee listened and grew tired, pain and hunger set in and she just wanted to go back to sleep. She also was wondering how much 6068.70 Baht was in American dollars; she even wondered what Baht was.

            “That is an outrage what makes you think I would have paid that much for her even before she became damaged merchandise?” they started fighting in their weird turkey warbling tongue again and Lee’s head started to pound. Did she slip down the rabbit hole and enter some alternate dimension of Hell?

            “Hey that was the price and besides, Sumyi said that she would bring you money, take it or leave it I have other clients who could have some use for her.” Lee felt eyes on her, studying her, it felt like she was being mentally undressed and violated in ways she really didn’t want to. Oh where did that stupid bliss cloud go? She wanted the pain to stop and to just go back to sailing on the fog sea. She could hear the arguing and the voices grew loud and then softer, she felt sick to her stomach and was hoping someone would move her so she could puke.

            “She don’t look so good, I will give you 3034.35 Baht for her, I will have to have her tested regularly and she will not be any good for our more prestigious clients until after she has been with us for a month guess I will have to start her out with dancing.” The men argued some more and finally she was hauled up and dragged out into the muggy air that smelled of exhaust and exotic cooking. She was shoved into the back of a vehicle and they sped off, she curled up and whimpered, this was pure hell where was her damn bliss now. Where the hell was the cavalry? For once she wished Tripp were actually here to bail her out. But he wasn’t and she had no idea where she was, and how she was going to get herself out of this situation. The vehicle stopped and she bumped her head and groaned.

            “Last stop welcome to Patpong, Bangkok the infamous red light district. You my dear have now entered your first night of servitude you will do as I say or you will suffer the consequences.” She was hauled out of the van and the blindfold was ripped off her head, she had to close her eyes and let them get adjusted to the rows and rows of neon lights and the crush of people. She tried struggling away from the little Asian man that was holding her but his grip tightened on her arm and she felt something cool stab her arm and a stinging sensation ran through her veins. The gray fog started rolling in and she didn’t care about panicking she didn’t care about anything. The man took her into a seedy looking bar and led her through the back doors, women in all stages of undress were wandering around, and there were moans and sighs as men were being pleasured behind beaded curtains. The air stank of sex and smoke, the floors were sticky and Lee couldn’t find her footing. She was shoved into a small room and she crawled over to the stained, gritty feeling couch. A woman dressed in a tight dragon print dress came in and looked her over and then spoke with the man who was throwing her around as if she weighed nothing.

            “She beat up pretty bad and she look sick, you give her rest for tonight, tomorrow we work her. She bring you top dollar for dancing and other activities.” The two walked out of the room and left Lee there, she was groggy and the gray cloud of bliss was making her feel alright. The door opened and a heavy sweating man walked in, he loosened his tie and the sweat stains were visible on his underarms. He smelled of cheap beer and cigars. He waddled his way over to her and looked at her, Lee stared at the strange sweating pig and moved away from him, the couch was small and he grunted as he sat down next to her. He reeked and she turned her head and vomited over the side of the couch.

 

 

            “You stupid b***h they told me you would suck me off, not throw up!” he hauled off and slapped her, she felt pain sting the side of her face and she spit blood out on him, she glared at him with slitted eyes that weren’t fully focused. His face was swollen and red, he looked like a sadistic Santa Claus paying for sex.  She smirked and spit more blood out on the floor, the bliss cloud may have numbed her judgment but that doesn’t mean she couldn’t snap his neck like a twig.

            “Oh I’m the stupid one?” she drew her legs up on the couch and peered over her knees he watched her hungrily his hand going to his lap and rubbing it, probably to get his limp, doughy dick to start working, she’ll have him right where she needs him, horny and stupid. She extended her legs and scooted herself forward his breathing became more ragged as she closed her knees around his neck, he was panting heavily and stroking himself.

            “Damn baby that is hot now I get to touch you and then you suck me off that’s what I paid for.” She smiled and tightened her legs around him until he was choking, she twisted her legs and heard the sickening crunch of bone breaking, she felt the neck give away and she removed her legs then spit on his fat hulking body.

            “F**k you mother f****r!” the door opened and she staggered back to the couch the man who was talking to the woman stared at the dead man on the floor then stared at her. He yelled something out the door and went over to Lee, she tried kicking him and he cursed in his native tongue and grabbed her hair. He dragged her down the sticky hallway and threw her up against the wall.

            “Feisty b***h you are, guess I’ll have to start you out with the hardcore people to teach you a lesson. I’ll have Mai Lang get you ready, too bad you could have had a night off but instead you had to go and be a bad girl.” He hauled off and hit her in the face, she tasted blood again and pain radiated behind her eye, she felt herself sliding against the wall and she began to cry. The fog rolled over her again but she fought it, he hauled off and hit her again, her head bouncing off the wall.

            “STOP THAT! You know woman who have bruise don’t get you top dollar!” Lee let herself slip into the roiling fog and let the two argue again. This was hell and this was the payment she got for leaving the house. She should have stayed with Tripp and shouldn’t have let her hot headedness get the best of her. She would continue killing people if it meant her surviving. She stared at the woman and the man arguing through her swollen eyes and fell into blackness. She may not get out of this situation alive, but she won’t go down without a fight.

            Tripp awoke to the sound of pounding on the front door, he felt like his head was being battered with a sledgehammer and groaned. He rolled over and looked for Lee, then muttered as he remembered she had been kidnapped. He needed to find her but he didn’t know how to, he wanted to track down Sumyi that psychotic b***h and strangle the life from her. Tripp staggered down the hallway, bumping into the walls, he looked at the dismal white and wondered what would have happened if they were able to just live here for a while and not have had to move. He looked out the window by the door and felt his blood boil; it was because of this man that Lee was gone. Tripp started panting and threw open the door and hit the man in the face. He staggered outside after him and tried to swing again but his arms were pinned behind him and he was hauled back inside and the door slammed behind him.

            “You know what Taylor you need to relax and you hit like a b***h!” Vincent threw Tripp down on the couch and stared at him. Tripp tried to get back up but Vincent pulled a gun and clicked the safety off. “Now just sit there and listen Taylor or I will f*****g kill you.”

            “What do you want you b*****d! Its all your fault Lena is gone!” Tripp tried to get up and he smelled the oil and metal from the gun, he felt it pressing into his temple.

            “You know who I am and I know who you are let’s cut the chit chat I don’t want to kill you if I don’t have to. I need you and I believe that we can work together now stop being an a*s and listen.” Vincent withdrew the gun and stared at Tripp, he rolled his eyes Tripp was high on painkillers and he would have to get the jerk sober before he would be any good.

            “You must be Vincent, the VanBastian b***h sent you to kill us, what do you want with me though, just kill me and get it over with.” Tripp watched as Vincent put the gun away under his jacket and pulled out some cards. He started shuffling the cards and Tripp became mesmerized, Vincent held out the cards and Tripp took one he looked at it and handed it back. Vincent continued shuffling the cards never taking his eyes off Tripp.

            “I would kill you but see the VanBastian b***h isn’t the one that really double crossed me, of course I blame her but apparently it’s some Korean or Asian chick named Sumyi that fired me telling me my services were no longer needed.” Vincent removed the ace of spades and showed it to Tripp who gawked at Vincent, Vincent smirked and winked, “so you see I believe that you and I have a common enemy and well we both want the poor damsel in distress Lena Caine back. If we work together we can find her, and take down the VanBastians and that b***h Sumyi. So Taylor do we have a deal?” Vincent steepled his fingers and waited for Tripp’s answer.

            “Alright we find Lee and then we track down the VanBastian b***h and Sumyi. But I get to pull the trigger on Sumyi.” Tripp wanted blood and he didn’t care how he got it, he wasn’t sure if he wanted to kill that dumb b***h slowly or make it quick and painless.

            “Well then partner this is the beginning of an unholy alignment, we need to get you sobered up first. So how do we go about doing this?” Vincent went into the kitchen and looked for some food and started the coffee maker.

            “Sumyi told me she would call me later to find out if I come after her and her sister or go find Lee. I say you go after Lee and I’ll go after them.” Tripp grimaced as he made his way into the kitchen. He didn’t want to give up the painkillers but if it meant that he would have to be on his guard against this psycho then he would give them up.

            “Actually I have a few men that can watch the VanBastian stead, I think you’ll need me to find Caine so we’re going to work together on this, but don’t question my methods.” The smell of coffee assaulted their nostrils and for once Tripp felt like he was with family, he didn’t understand why he felt so close to this cold blooded killer but he did, maybe it was the simple fact that they both had the same objective.

            “Ok fine I’ll tell Sumyi I’m going after Lena.” He drank the coffee and for once he felt like a real bad a*s. He would kill the bad guy and get the girl, there would be no one to share the glory with but all the same the benefits would be reaped. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad walking on the wrong side of the law, apparently Vincent didn’t have a problem with it and neither would Tripp.

 



© 2008 JC Fox


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 7, 2008


Author

JC Fox
JC Fox

NJ



About
CHECK OUT THIS CONTEST, IF YOU'RE INTO WRITING CHILDREN'S STORIES THEN ENTER HERE! Our Children Are PreciousFeb 4, 2008 - Jul 4, 2008 I'm a free spirit but unfortunately some people on here have tri.. more..

Writing