20

20

A Chapter by JC Fox

 

Vincent paced the apartment and kept checking his watch, he was waiting for the phone call from Sumyi, they needed to act and get going as soon as possible, he watched Tripp come down from his percocet high, it wasn’t pretty but it’s a good thing the man really isn’t addicted to the harsher stuff. He changed Tripp’s bandages, packed his bags and Tripp’s bags, sent Lena’s cat and his dog to his people they will take care of the animals, and he told them that if they didn’t he would personally hunt them down. He had become attached to that big drooling dog. He continued pacing until he heard Tripp’s phone rang and turned to stare at the man sitting on the couch.

            “Hello Sumyi, I have been awaiting your phone call you b***h!” Tripp’s words were dripping with venom. Tripp hit the speakerphone button and put the receiver back in its cradle.

            “Hello boys, oh yes I know our dear Vincent is there with you, I know everything. Its so nice to see you two playing nice with one another it’s always good to see family getting along.” Sumyi chuckled on the other end, Vincent and Tripp looked at each other and shrugged.

            “Cut the crap Sumyi we don’t need riddles, where is Lena Caine?” Vincent cracked his neck and was starting to feel the urge to shoot something, strangle it, something he just wanted to kill. Sumyi would have been the perfect target the things he could do to that woman.

            “Oh Vincent you’re a hot head just like your brother, but that is a story for another time, Aunty Sumyi likes to see her boys happy so I am going to tell you that your dear Lena Caine is somewhere in Thailand. You have two weeks to get her out of where she is or she is going to be in a world of trouble.” Sumyi laughed again and Tripp clenched his jaw tighter.

            “What do you plan on doing to her Sumyi?”

            “Oh it’s not what I am planning to do, its what the people keeping her are planning to do with her. Poor girl in her condition she shouldn’t even be put through so much stress, it’s so hard to keep a cool head when you’re strung out all the time. You hear me boys two weeks to find her or a piece of her gets shipped back to me and mounted on my wall, this happens until your precious Lena Caine is dead and stuffed on my wall as a trophy.” The phone went dead and Tripp threw it at the wall. Vincent dug through his pocket and found his cell phone, Tripp was breathing heavy and the air was crackling with the anger just hanging there in the balance.

            “Wonder what that crazy b***h was talking about, brothers? I have no family.” Tripp kicked the wall and winced and Vincent rolled his eyes, apparently he was going to have to be the rational one and he didn’t like that.

            “Tripp go clean yourself up you need a shave and then you and I are going to make a little side trip before we head to Thailand, we’re going to need supplies and weapons and I know just the man that can get them for us.” Tripp turned and glared at Vincent, for a brief moment Vincent could swear that Tripp did sort of resemble him but it was just the mind tricks of a cracked out woman that planted those seeds there.

            “Don’t treat me like a child Vincent, I should kill you right here and now.” Vincent raised his eyebrows and started laughing at Tripp, this infuriated him even more and he tackled Vincent and they both went flying onto the kitchen floor. Vincent flipped Tripp and pinned him down, twisting his arm behind his back making the other man cry out in pain. Vincent saw the blood start to stain Tripp’s shirt and cursed, he got off Tripp and handed him a towel.

            “Don’t do that until you’re better, then I’ll kick your a*s fair and square go clean up I have people to call. If you want to find Lena I’m going to need you well and need you to NOT tackle me so I can call my people.” Tripp grunted and winced, he went for his bag on the living room floor and took out the pill bottle. Vincent chewed his lip and walked over to Tripp and snatched the pills from his hand.

            “HEY THOSE ARE MINE YOU B*****D GIVE THEM BACK I NEED THEM!” Tripp grabbed for the pills and Vincent closed his hand around the bottle blew on his hand and the bottle disappeared. The look on Tripp’s face was priceless as he stood there staring at Vincent with his jaw hanging on the floor. “Where the hell did they go? What did you do with my pills?” Tripp blinked a few times and looked like a fish gasping for air. Vincent smiled and shrugged then turned Tripp around and pushed him towards the bathroom.

            “I don’t know where they went, that’s the thing I make stuff disappear but can’t figure out where exactly it goes and you wouldn’t need them if you didn’t try and fight me now go clean up so I can make my phone calls.” Tripp walked in a daze towards the bathroom, occasionally glancing over his shoulder at Vincent, this guy was much more than he appeared to be. Tripp would have to keep an eye on him and in order to do that he would have to stay off the pills.

            Sumyi looked at the phone and then picked it up again, she needed to take out the rest of the members from the agency, knowing Tripp he’ll try and contact them to see if they could help him but she would get to George and his dumpy little wife first. She started dialing the number for one of her men when she heard someone on the other end of the phone, she looked at it and then put it to her ear to see if she could possibly eavesdrop on whoever was on the other line.

            “I know you’re there Sumyi, now I want you to tell me why you kept referring to Taylor and I as family, and all your little snarky remarks. Know this I can tell if you’re lying and I can tell if you’re with holding information from me.” She cursed under her breath, she couldn’t believe Vincent actually called her; she didn’t think he would do that he would just go off with his hotheaded brother and not bother her, no such luck.

            “Exactly how much do you want to know Vincent dear?” she tried to make her voice as sweet as possible even though she was staring daggers at the floor. That b*****d she should have taken him out when she had a chance to.

            “Oh dear Sumyi, I’m not an idiot I want the facts and the short version I’m short on time, so speak like the good little lap dog that you are.” She heard the mockery in his voice and felt herself lose her temper.

            “Listen here you little s**t, I don’t have to tell you anything I can hang up now and have you wiped out not to mention all it will take is one phone call to have your precious Lena snuffed out. Not to mention my suspicion that she is knocked up with your kid.” Sumyi clapped a hand over her mouth and let out a long string of curses, she wanted to save that little bit of information when she knew for sure, I mean come on they were only together for one night its not like the girl could get knocked up in one night.

            “Oh Sumyi you will say anything to try and deny the truth. That’s ok though just as you can make a phone call and try to have me snuffed out I will have better luck at it.” She turned around and shrank back on the bed it sounded like his voice was right there in the room with her. She really never liked Vincent, he was strange and was capable of illusions. “Do I scare you Sumyi? Good you should be scared now sing like a nice little birdie and tell Vincent everything you know. Keep it brief and expect to back up whatever you say with the proper paperwork.”

            “What makes you think that I’ll actually tell you anything? You don’t have any power over me.” She heard Vincent’s smooth laughter, it echoed through the room and she got goose bumps, how the heck does he do that? She looked around to make sure that he really wasn’t in the room and then scolded herself for being such and idiot. The clock ticked on the mantle of the fireplace and she heard nothing but the ticking.

            “Oh see you have your secrets and I have mine, there is a certain someone out there that doesn’t know about her mother, she doesn’t want to know that her mother was a w***e either. Sumyi how old is your daughter now? Fifteen? Oh I know about her, she has been wondering who her mother was, since you dumped her when she was just a little baby. How would you feel if I decided to have a taste of her myself?” Sumyi’s mouth dropped open and she felt herself grow cold, she may have been a killer and a sadistic b***h herself but she was nothing compared to Vincent. She gripped the phone so hard her knuckles turned white, why should she care about some child she abandoned? Because it was her own flesh and blood and she had no choice but to give the child up for adoption. She felt tears prick her eyes and cursed Vincent for exposing a weakness in her.

            “How did you know about her?” her voice was low and held the hard edge of hatred.

            “Stop asking questions Sumyi, you’re turn to give answers. You’re not the only one who knows everything.” She could just imagine the arrogant smirk on his face and she wanted to slap it right off, “Oh Sumyi who is the hothead now?”

            “Shut up! Vincent, well let’s see dear old Trippy boy is your twin brother, how do I know because my sister Tracy gave birth to you two. Why didn’t she raise you? Because Reginald Biesel, oh that is right the very guy who Tripp trusted, separated you two and sent you each away.” She had a bit of satisfaction at the silence on the other end of the phone.

            “So Taylor is my brother? Interesting and I suppose you will back this up with valid documents?” she stared shocked at the phone this wasn’t the reaction she wanted, she clenched her fists and narrowed her eyes.

            “Of course I can back it up you idiot! Why would I lie about something like this?”

            “Because Aunty Sumyi, I already knew Tripp was my brother, I just wanted to hear what you had to say. Now you just confirmed my suspicions. Why do you think I took the assignment to kill him? Because he was the one who got everything and I was the one that was bounced from foster home to foster home.” She stared at the phone and really didn’t like the fact that he knew so much, where the hell did he get the information? As far as she knew, she was the only one who knew. “I will tell you this though Aunty, I am not going to tell him that we are brother’s I need his focus on other things but I want him to hear it from your lips when he comes to kill you. Night Aunty and tell mom that I will come for her too.” The phone went silent and she shivered, he was more informed than she thought, well at least she still had some leverage over him, to find out if Lena Caine was pregnant that will be the ultimate thing to hold over Vincent’s head.

            Sumyi lay back down and put an arm over her head, she had a headache now and really didn’t want to deal with anything at the moment. She wanted a smoke and maybe a nice guy with a hard on. Sex was always the perfect answer when Sumyi was stressed; she could just call up one of her boy toys but didn’t want to pick up the phone again. Vincent really screwed with her head and she hated that, she didn’t know who was more dangerous him or his brother and regretted the decision of kidnapping Lena, because now she was going to have to watch her a*s. Knowing Vincent he was going to set his dogs on her and if Tripp found her she would be a dead woman as well. Sumyi groaned and cursed loudly, the curses echoing off the walls in the spacious room. She got herself into a real bucket of s**t and she may not make it out alive. She could just run and hide, there are places that even Vincent wouldn’t be able to find her. She started drifting into her thoughts when her computer started beeping, rolling off the bed she looked at the screen and smiled, finally something was going her way.

            “Check Mate!” she dialed up the phone and dispatched her own set of dogs, time to take out the tech geeks. She hung up the phone and started laughing, she only wished she could be there when they were gunned down, their blood painting the walls crimson and then spilling out on the floor pooling into a sticky lake of wasted life. She went back and lay on the bed things were starting to look up, it may be an early Christmas for her after all.

            Vincent looked up and found Tripp staring at him, the look on his face clearly showed that he heard most of the conversation. Vincent flipped his phone shut and stared at the floor. This was awkward he was hoping to try and avoid this confrontation but he knew it was inevitable that it would happen.

            “Well Taylor don’t just stand there, say something at least.” He looked up at the ceiling and was feeling quite uncomfortable, why didn’t he go outside and make the phone call. He looked at Tripp and saw that the shock was still on his face but there wasn’t any hatred there, just shock and maybe betrayal, he wasn’t really good at reading emotions that didn’t pertain to lust.

            “You’re my brother? I didn’t even know I had family, but why would you want to kill me?” Tripp started to slide down the wall in a shocked slump, when Vincent found out a few days ago he had the same reaction, but he pushed it aside and went on with things as planned even if it was a little awkward being sent to kill his own brother.

            “Don’t take it personally bro it was because of the money, money talks bullshit walks and you know the line, let’s go we need to find Lena as soon as possible, I think I pissed Sumyi off and knowing her she’s going to have an itchy trigger finger and pull some sort of stunt.” Vincent turned his back on Tripp and cleared his throat, this was very awkward, he stared at the refrigerator and saw a picture of Lena and Tripp smiling, and they were actually quite cute together. He took the picture off the fridge and tucked it into his pocket. “By the way, I need to ask you what exactly is going on between you and Lena Caine?”

            “We are just partners, I don’t know what else to say, she obviously doesn’t like me but I thought maybe,” Vincent turned back on his brother and saw the similarities, the same hair, the same facial structure, they were so alike and yet so different, he went to his brother and gave him a hug.

            “We’ll figure it out now let’s go we have to see a man about a gun.” They grabbed their bags and left the house. They drove in silence to the airport where Tripp fumbled trying to get his passport out. Vincent laughed and Tripp looked at him with irritation.   

            “What is so funny?”

            “The simple fact that we’re taking the VanBastian private jet, we don’t need our passports come on little brother let’s go we need to make a stop over in New York before we head to Thailand.” He helped his brother with his luggage and they made their way down the terminal, they started out as enemies and now they were equals on the battlefield for justice.

            Sumyi was restless she paced the room and decided she needed to make one last phone call before she actually went to sleep for the night. She went over to the nightstand and picked up her cell phone. She punched in the number and waited for the phone to be picked up.

            “Hello, why you call at this hour?” the voice was irritated and Sumyi looked at the clock and rolled her eyes, she forgot about the time difference.

            “How is the prisoner?”

            “She do fine, got beat up we take care of her.”

            “Good I want you to take extra special care of her, keep her drugged up on my little concoction and I want her to be given to your son as a plaything.” She heard the other woman sigh on the other end of the phone. “Lao Su are you going to argue with me?”

            “I make decision she in my care now, I decide what do with her, call back later.” The phone clicked and Sumyi stared at it. Why was everyone hanging up on her?

            “Well looks like I’m going to have to find a babysitter for sissy and head to Bangkok to see how my nephews make out with finding their precious Lena Caine.” Sumyi tucked the phone in the drawer and turned out the bedside light. Tomorrow was another day and she was thoroughly enjoying this game of cat and mouse.



© 2008 JC Fox


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ummm....don't know what to say. Isn't that helpful?

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 7, 2008


Author

JC Fox
JC Fox

NJ



About
CHECK OUT THIS CONTEST, IF YOU'RE INTO WRITING CHILDREN'S STORIES THEN ENTER HERE! Our Children Are PreciousFeb 4, 2008 - Jul 4, 2008 I'm a free spirit but unfortunately some people on here have tri.. more..

Writing