Maej: Journal Entry 3

Maej: Journal Entry 3

A Chapter by Johnzo
"

Maej nears Galena, fueled by his desire to push himself to new limits.

"

It’s nearly pitch-black out, I think I’ll stop here and rest again.  I've been traveling all day, I thought the terrain would get easier as I got closer to Galena but there is still vast amounts of rocky cliffs and broken land.  I've yet to have a break through in my meditation, but I'm feeling more confidant in my abilities as time goes.  It's been very beneficial being out here away from anyone or anything; I can let my powers loose as I travel to better train myself.  I've still only been able to produce destructive energy from my hands, I can't help but think that I can do more but it's like there's a block in my mind keeping me from finding new strength.  It's like trying to flex a muscle that you don't know that you have, or understand something you're not even sure exists.  But I must keep training; I'm sure I’ll eventually break through.  For certain I can feel my power growing the more I use it, all the more reason to keeping training and meditating.  I should be arriving to the outskirts of Galena sometime tomorrow, and then I’ll begin hunting down the bizarre creature I’ve heard stories of.  Supposedly this beast recently came off the mountains to the north of the village and has been attacking travelers and slaying livestock across that area.  Word of exactly what type of beast this is has yet to reach me, so I may inquire around the village to get a better idea of what I’m up against, and where to look for it.  I’m already feeling the exhilaration of the hunt; I’m looking forward to this first step in my new journey.  Tomorrow I will give everything I have in battle and test my limits, this should be fun. 



© 2009 Johnzo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on August 31, 2009


Author

Johnzo
Johnzo

Bridgton, ME



About
For more info on my little world, visit: www.echowake.com -Latest post: 2nd Draft Preview My favorite stories are usually ones that have a bigger world behind them, a story behind the story that.. more..

Writing
Nightmare Nightmare

A Chapter by Johnzo