History and Background Info

History and Background Info

A Chapter by Johnzo
"

A brief history of the city of Sedenza.

"

Sedenza:  Sedenza is the largest city on the continent where Echowake takes place.  It's located in the center of the central plains.  Over the past one-hundred and fifty years has steadily grown as a focal point for all the commerce that takes place on the continent.  The reason for this is because it happens to be the most common intersecting point of all the Air-Whales migration patterns.  Soon after the Merkants Guild was founded they realized this fact and setup a trading outpost near a farming colony.  The outpost was just referred to as "the central outpost" for several years until it began to significantly grow in size.  It then became to be known as "the City of the Central Plains."  As time went on the city grew exponentially which each passing year.  Nearly 80 years ago a small group named "the Cytechs" came to the city and founded a new guild.  The Cytech guild to this day is a guild of inventors and scientists, and they alone are responsible for any technological advancement in the city.  Shortly after the arrival of the Cytechs the city was renamed Sedenza by the self-appointed major at the time.  Government in Sedenza has always been very loose, and there have never been any elections.  Generally whoever in the city has a great deal of connections, wealth and clout with the guilds is the unspoken major of the city.  There have been some disputes on who would be the mayor, but generally Sedenza has been a very peaceful place over the years.



© 2009 Johnzo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on September 6, 2009


Author

Johnzo
Johnzo

Bridgton, ME



About
For more info on my little world, visit: www.echowake.com -Latest post: 2nd Draft Preview My favorite stories are usually ones that have a bigger world behind them, a story behind the story that.. more..

Writing
Nightmare Nightmare

A Chapter by Johnzo