Oudrine: Journal Entry 10

Oudrine: Journal Entry 10

A Chapter by Johnzo
"

Oudrine continues her search to find out where Jonas has gone then heads to the city's market.

"

A day has passed and still no sign of Jonas.  I was hoping he would just show up at breakfast this morning, but he wasn't anywhere to be found.  I asked Keth where he might be, and he just shyly shrugged.  I've asked around but I haven't been able to get any information from anyone.  I tried to get Celeste to tell me where he went again, but she wouldn't answer me... not openly anyway.  She kept saying Jonas just went to see a friend and he should be back soon.  I know even just the short time I've known Celeste that she's hiding something by the tone of her voice.  I spoke with Dooley and he didn't know anything, none of the other teachers did either.  Tyo and Canas said they saw Jonas heading west yesterday from their bedroom window, but they didn't know anything other than that.  I checked the library here for information on what may be on the west side of the city; I read there's a large Guild house in the south west, as well as a hall of records.  Outside the city there's some farmland that leads into an increasingly barren plain.  What could he be after?  Celeste said he should be back soon, so I don't think he would be traveling anywhere on the air whales, but what is over there that is so urgent, and has him so worried?  I can't help but feeling that he's in trouble.  I wish there was more I could do but... I don’t' know where he went, or why...  I think I'll ask to accompany Dooley on his shopping rounds later, perhaps I can tactfully ask around, see if anyone has seen him or might know where he is. I have to get to the garden soon; it's nearly time for the morning lesson.  I’ll continue after I get back.

After a few lessons with Celeste I've joined the other students during the morning and afternoon teaching sessions.  We spend most of the time focusing and meditating, and making balls of light with our energy.  Yesterday Laade, a teacher slightly older than Jonas, was showing us how to make swirling ribbons of our energy and pass them from hand to hand.  It's much harder than making the ball of light, but I almost got the hang of it.  I'm still very thankful to have been able to come here to the haven.  Not long ago I was still terrified of the energy inside me...  Ok, I should go, I'll write again after I get back from the market with Dooley.  



© 2009 Johnzo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on September 11, 2009


Author

Johnzo
Johnzo

Bridgton, ME



About
For more info on my little world, visit: www.echowake.com -Latest post: 2nd Draft Preview My favorite stories are usually ones that have a bigger world behind them, a story behind the story that.. more..

Writing
Nightmare Nightmare

A Chapter by Johnzo