Maej: Journal Entry 9

Maej: Journal Entry 9

A Chapter by Johnzo
"

Maej makes progress in learning to control his Inner Fire.

"

It’s been a few days; I’ve been pushing my training further and further, trying to find a limit to my power.  I feel I have much more potential stored deep within me, but I cannot find a way to channel it out of my body.  I have tried more intense meditation to focus my energy, but I can’t help but feel I am missing something.  Like the path to a… deeper and more tumultuous energy inside me lay hidden.  The amount of energy I am able to summon is already becoming difficult to control; I have to be very careful to channel it away as to not injure myself.  Perhaps it is best I learn to control my energy better before tapping into my deepest reserves. 

In all my recent deep meditation I have not experienced anything like the vision I had my first night camped here in the plains.  I confess it’s been distracting me; I’ve been trying to recreate the concentration and feeling I had before my last meditation, but to no avail.  In any case, I think I’m ready to head back into the city and continue looking for someone who may benefit from my services.  I feel stronger now than ever, like my body is fortified with power, as strong as metal, but still as light and fast as ever.  I’m going to pack in the morning and head back to the main market place where I first saw Jonas.  Perhaps I will run into him again.  I’m interested to find out if he knows anyone like the man from my vision.  At the very least I would like to find out what he knows about concentrating and focusing energy.  The sun is setting now, I will write again tomorrow, hopefully with news about the next challenge of my growing power. 



© 2009 Johnzo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on September 11, 2009


Author

Johnzo
Johnzo

Bridgton, ME



About
For more info on my little world, visit: www.echowake.com -Latest post: 2nd Draft Preview My favorite stories are usually ones that have a bigger world behind them, a story behind the story that.. more..

Writing
Nightmare Nightmare

A Chapter by Johnzo