Tenowon: Log Record 7

Tenowon: Log Record 7

A Chapter by Johnzo
"

Tenowon finds a friend and begins learning about the world around him.

"

Finally I found some answers today.  Earlier when I thought the crowd of villagers had found me, I ducked into the cleft of the hill facing the direction of the sound, I had planned to leap and disarm my would-be attackers when the sound of their steps grew close.  When the time was right I jumped over the edge of the hill and crouched to take a brief look at my assailants, to my surprise there was only a single man armed with only a small knife that was sheathed on his belt.  I asked him what he wanted and he responded in his own tongue, the most I could make out was something about "traveler".  It appeared he may not be a local of the nearby town; I was pleased to know that as the local townsmen did not seem to be the friendliest of people.  I attempted to ask him a few questions, but he did not understand me.  He then did something unexpected; he sat down next to a bare grassless patch on the hill, and began carving symbols in the loose earth with his knife.  He first drew an arrow pointing towards his self, next to the letters b-o-r-s.  He looked at me with an odd smile; I assumed he meant that was his name, Bors.  Interesting name, I've never heard anyone, or anything for that matter with that name.  He then set the knife down on the ground with the handle pointed to me.  He made a gesture, and I could only assume that he wanted me follow example and write my name in the dirt.  Something then occurred to me, I did not know of any name to give him.  I searched my mind but the only memories I had began several days ago in the cave on top of the mountain.  I was at a loss for what to tell him, but this was the first person I’ve found that was willing to attempt to converse with me so I wanted to tell him something.  I attempted to communicate with him in more crude pictographs carved into the ground, with some success.  I managed to communicate to him I was from the mountain near town, and that I was “unknown to myself” to put it simply.  I managed to get a little information from his as well, the name of the nearby town was Southern Fwee and they appear to trade primarily fish and crops.  He went on to attempt to explain to me other information of neighboring areas.  I’m very grateful to now have this information, but sadly none of it sounded familiar.  I would like to head towards my home, perhaps someone there can give me more definitive answers, but I still have no idea where that would be.  We continued to speak for some time, so long that as the sun neared the horizon Bors began setting up camp.  He took out some food from his pack and began cooking on a small fire he had lit.  I can smell the odor of his cooking now; I imagine he must be nearly finished.  Today has been a small step forward, as Bors and I conversed today I could begin to understand more and more of his language, I think before long I will be able to communicate with the people in this area more fluently.  He’s offering me food now… I … I’ve just now realized I have no memory of eating since I awoke on the mountain.  Perhaps that is why I fell unconscious last night.  Interesting…  Well I do not want to be rude, I will accept his offer to join him for evening meal and log again later. 



© 2009 Johnzo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on September 6, 2009


Author

Johnzo
Johnzo

Bridgton, ME



About
For more info on my little world, visit: www.echowake.com -Latest post: 2nd Draft Preview My favorite stories are usually ones that have a bigger world behind them, a story behind the story that.. more..

Writing
Nightmare Nightmare

A Chapter by Johnzo