Tenowon: Log Record 9

Tenowon: Log Record 9

A Chapter by Johnzo
"

Tenowon learns about a great cataclysm from the past, and wonders if it's related to his memory loss.

"

Fascinating!  It seems that the primary mode of transportation for the people in this area is riding on the backs of giant air whales!  I've never seen or heard of such a thing... or at least I don't think I have.  On the backs of these air whales they've built large wooden cabins, and it appears that they not only transport people but a lot of goods for trade as well.  It's quite a remarkable method way to travel I must say, and the views are amazing.  I can see for miles in any direction from up so high, but when we first got to our maximum height, I was dismayed again to have not even the slightest memory triggered by my surroundings.  In fact, not too far from Fwee the ground becomes quite barren; the dry jagged terrain almost looks like it was scorched.  But what could scorch so much earth?  Whatever it was must've been a massive event, affecting everyone in the area...  I wonder if it could be related to my loss of memory.  I asked Bors why the land was so broken in many areas but he replied that it had always been that way as long as anyone has heard in stories passed down over the past few hundred years, although some historians do have evidence of civilization from much longer ago, there is a huge gap in the record so no one has been able to figure out how the world came to be as it is today.  Whatever it was that happened was so long ago it couldn’t have been what has caused my memory loss, but I still can’t dismiss the thought that the two are connected somehow.  I think I’m going to make a point to do some research once we reach Sedenza and see what I can find about this great cataclysm.  Bors mentioned some of his friends have acquired some old records of the earliest days of Sedenza when it was merely a trading outpost.  The documents may only be a little over a hundred years old but it’s a start.  I’m sure I can find a clue to my past by studying the history of this land… 
 

The captain has just announced that we’ve reached a “feeding area” for the air whales and has asked everyone to come back inside the cabin.  I’ll continue to survey the land as we travel and write any findings later. 



© 2009 Johnzo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on September 11, 2009


Author

Johnzo
Johnzo

Bridgton, ME



About
For more info on my little world, visit: www.echowake.com -Latest post: 2nd Draft Preview My favorite stories are usually ones that have a bigger world behind them, a story behind the story that.. more..

Writing
Nightmare Nightmare

A Chapter by Johnzo