Chapter Seven: First Heat

Chapter Seven: First Heat

A Chapter by Kari

It was a beautiful day, late spring is her favorite time of year.  It’s still crisp in the mornings, but by mid afternoon, it became thick and heavy.  The humidity builds up to a quick shower almost daily, and the sweet smell of rain, spring flowers, and the forest was intoxicating.

            Glenna rolled in the flowers rubbing their sweetness into her skin.  She had gathered honey and berries for a snack, and their flavors swirled across her tongue.  Glenna laughed to herself as she heard birds singing, does it get any better?

            It happened in a blur.  He was fast, too fast for her.  She had her back to him, as she laid on her stomach in the flowers.  He was just suddenly there, pinning her down.  Then, no, no, please.  She twisted and tried to roll him off, but he was too heavy for her.  One minute, five minutes, an hour?  It felt like it would never end.  Then he was gone.  When she could get to her knees and feet, she looked around.  No one there.  Birds were singing, flowers blooming, and her berries were smeared into the ground.

            Glenna sat and cried.  That’s how Ryoch found her, hours later, almost sunset.  Just sitting in a beautiful flower meadow.  Crushed berries across her face, and her flower crown tilted sideways.

            Her scent, he had followed her scent, her first heat.  Ryoch took control of himself, and approached her slowly.  As he got closer, another scent, a male breeding scent, hit him in the gut.  Ryoch’s own control locked in, his mate needed him.

            He gathered her up in his arms.  The sun was setting, and as he carried her home, his beautiful dragon became a beautiful woman.  Crying softly in his arms.

            Two days later a small rainbow colored egg was laid.  Glenna and Ryoch stared at it, just lying there.  Glenna growled, and reached for the egg.

            “No child,” a soft voice, and softer hands laid on Glenna’s shoulder.  “It’s not her fault.”  Glenna whipped around ready to snap, and snarl.

            “How would you know?  Huh, how?”

            Darna smiled softly, then her eyes clouded with memories.  “I know child, I know.”

Glenna could see the same pain in Darna’s eyes.  She fell into Darna’s arms sobbing.

                        Ryoch gathered her up again, and carried her to their room.  As he laid her on their pelts, she gripped his arm, and looked him in the eyes.  She wanted the memory erased, and replaced with love.  Glenna was still in heat, and as Ryoch joined her, their mating scent filled the air.  Together they created another egg.


© 2013 Kari


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on October 25, 2013
Last Updated on October 25, 2013
Tags: Dragons, Magic, Drama, Evil, Castle, Love, Fantasy


Author

Kari
Kari

Yerington, NV



About
I am a full time wife and mother of 4 and 3 step children. I am also the proud grandmother of 6 beautiful kids. I didn't come by writing in the normal way. I tinkered with writing as a young adult, .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kari